7 year difference between my hair, reviewing after a bad hair cut. Thoughts?

jholway

I'm 30 in a couple of months, and starting at about aged 20, I was very worried about hair loss, and took pictures pretty much everyday, posted them online on different forums etc. and was told that I have a centre parting, an inflamed (psoriasis) scalp, combined with fair straight hair so scalp in certain lighting can be more noticeable - so no hair loss whatsoever. 

I still occasionally check it, i.e. take pictures, and after a bad hair cut (I attempted cutting my own hair due to lockdown) and figured I'd check in on a forum again.

Bottom right, with the red border around is from 8 years ago. The pics next to it on the left are from earlier this month before my "hair cut". Note that the white mark on my crown is a scar from a removed mole from 6 years ago. The top row are from today after the hair cut. The area circled is where I used thinning scissors and took a chunk out of my hair. Anyway under harsh light, or direct light it can either look similar to what it did 8 years ago, or coarse and thick and no scalp can be seen whatsoever.

Would you say there's any change in 8 years - excluding the chunk I cut out my hair accidentally - and that I've got nothing to be concerned about?

Thanks 

IMG_0087.PNG

• Administrators

I feel like you've posted the same thing before am I right?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

If I have it's on an account I don't have access to anymore.... can try and find it to check but I don't even know what the username would be. I did use these forums maybe 7 years ago or so. 

Whilst I'm here, instead of making a new thread, gonna post this pic. Cut my hair again and getting very conscious now, I just can't tell if my hair is thinning, thinned, or just naturally like this. Direct lighting you can see scalp, whether it be sunlight or artificial light. Not standing directly under light my hair looks okay. Me hair doesn't lie flat naturally, always sticks up so I don't know if that's the reason, because I can only see scalp at a certain angle, looking at the top of my hair direct, you can't really. If I wet my hair / put product in my hair and stick my hair right up... under direct light you can see a lot of scalp, but I dunno know if that's just a combination of fine hair and the colour.

Considering finasteride but my issue is, what if this is just my hair, and I take it, potentially suffer from side effects, and my hair is just like this normally? 

PSFix_20200527_225333.jpg

Edited by jholway

• Administrators

Looks like normal non balding hair to me, don’t take this the wrong way, but I would be more concerned with OCD/BDD than hair loss. I’m all about mental health, as we all have our struggles, including myself.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

From looking at the pictures your hair looks better now than it did 11 years ago in 2009, so I don't know why you're having an issue. Everyone's hair is going to look different under different lighting conditions. You can never change that no matter how much you try to do something about it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.