How much more growth can you expect during Months 6-12?

Hi Everyone, I'm almost at my 6 month mark, and it seems my growth has slowed down and not doing anything... on average, what kind of growth can people expect from Months 6 thru 12?  Am I likely to get a break thru?  it seems my results have plateau'd. 

• Administrators

It depends, but I would say growth is anywhere from 30%-60% by 6 months. You will definitely see more growth and maturation. Now, it may not be as noticeable as before but there will be more growth.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Have read some guys mention they noticed growth came in waves for them. Initial burst around the 4-6 months, then things seemingly slow down (to the eye anyway) but at 8-9 months they've seen more growth.

• Like 1

The slow growing thin hairs that were placed in your hairline will start to come through more and mature . You will achieve more density and your hairline will thicken.

Everyone has their own pace of growth , try not to judge yourself strictly against the next guy. You might be looking at about 60% potential of your HT, but at the same time bearing in mind a HT is an illusion of an original head of hair so expections should be realistic to this factor. Enjoy a good varied diet with protein and up your intake of water for all those nutrients that support good and healthy growth of Hair.

Happy Growing.

Paddy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Have read some guys mention they noticed growth came in waves for them. Initial burst around the 4-6 months, then things seemingly slow down (to the eye anyway) but at 8-9 months they've seen more growth.

This is very typical.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Would be useful if you posted some pictures of your hair transplant,  along with relevant information,  so people can comment on your situation. 

Results and how fast or slow they grow and show, varies from patient to patient but definitely imo you can expect more to come after 6 months. 

3 months - 10%   

4 months - 25%   

5 months - 40%.  

6 months - 60%

7 months - 70%

8 months - 75%

9 months - 80%

10 months - 90%

11 months - 95%

12 months - 98%

18 months - 100%

Edited by Niko1
  • Like 1

We tend to forget that hair caliber is considered the most critical factor in attaining the illusion of coverage...we tend to focus on the regrowth factor alone when caliber maturation is so important and a vital part of the equation.

Full caliber maturation is not manifested until after 9 months or so post-op for most patients.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY