UK Hair Transplant Clinic offering surgery COVID-19 ?

Hello,

I am a new member to the forum as just found it. I am based in London and feel that this is a good place to gain information about a clinic in the UK who despite COVID-19 and the public lockdown are offering me a hair surgery next week. I am desperate to get it done as have so much time to recover without anyone knowing about the surgery in the lockdown period but i wanted to ask is it  ok to get it done ? Many clinics I see have closed their doors.. Help appreciated. 

Jim

I’m not sure I’d trust a clinic that’s willing to do it within these recent government guidelines. Just shows they like to cut corners.

Whats the clinic called? Definitely worth patience with this as there are so many people who get transplants within the UK and the results aren’t great, depending on the clinic and you tend to pay a lot more. Have you considered Turkey? Do as much research as you can into this as you will be p*ssed if you have the surgery, spent through the nose and have poor results 

• Administrators

Why are you desperate to get it done? Desperation leads to bad decisions, you’ve been balding for a lot longer than a few months. Take this time to research surgeons slowly and submit virtual consultations. Rushing into surgery is almost always a disaster.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you for the replies. I have been looking into this for a while. I just wanted to use the period I have got off work ( due to covid-19) but appreciate what you are saying. It was just I found this clinic in the UK who got a few celebrity patients and they are willing to get me in next week for the surgery which i thought would be perfect as they are literally the only clinic i can find in the UK operating and open and willing to perform the surgery. They have assured me it's safe. I am desperate to get this done but don't want to make a mistake but I need to get it done asap.

Is there an organisation ( GMC, Government Health )  i can check with to see if hair surgery in the UK is allowed currently ? Every clinic ive spoken to except this one have closed so it's now making me worry and why i came on here.

Jim  

Edited by Jimbo85

• Administrators

Don’t know about that clinic, but I would take some time and talk to real patients like @Craig2412. Look at real patient reviews, remember any clinic can look amazing on insta, but how do their everyday results look? That’s what matters most. Please use our forum as a resource for research.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’m not too keen on KSL. Looking at some of the celebrity results, it looks quite pluggy and mediocre. A lot of their patients have been back 2 or 3 times too.

If you don’t mind a flight then I would recommend Dr Demirsoy. I’m 3 months post op with him at 2042 grafts and very pleased so far

@JimboAny clinic in the UK that is open now for a HT could not be trusted imo. They don't have their own health as a priority never mind yours. The only thing they are interested in is your money. Go with your gut instinct and stay away.

In any case there are doctors outside of the UK who are recommended on this forum who have shown consistently  outstanding results. It would be a good plan to check them out, as its such an important decision that will impact you for the rest of your life , so you must get it 100% right. Take your time and don't rush your decision.

Paddy

I've seen bad reviews on ksl I would avoid personally. I wouldn't restrict your self just to the uk, I am from Manchester and went Belgium. Big decision so make the right one not just what's easy, clinics worth looking st in the uk imo are dr reddy, Fargo, crown clinic and maitland clinic. Good luck 

• Like 2

@Jimbo85 if you are a high norwood and need a mega session I would advise you go with Dr. Arika (1.8€/graft w/tax) at Eugenix. Check @paddyirishman results thread.

Otherwise go with Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft) he does surgery on just 1 patient per day using DHI with Lion Implantor pens. Check @Rolandas results thread.  

3 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Jimbo85 if you are a high norwood and need a mega session I would advise you go with Dr. Arika (1.8€/graft w/tax) at Eugenix. Check @paddyirishman results thread.

Otherwise go with Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft) he does surgery on just 1 patient per day using DHI with Lion Implantor pens. Check @Rolandas results thread.  

How are you recommending either of these without even having seen pictures?! We don't even know if he is a good FUE candidate (or a good candidate fullstop).

@TrixGlendevon the op said he was considering KSL which is a clinic that only does FUE so I assumed that was his preference. 
Since I don’t know the extent of @Jimbo85 baldness I suggest the best for high norwood mega sessions (Arika) and one of the more highly skilled and affordable Doctors (Ferreira) for regular sessions of FUE up to 4000 grafts. 

On 4/16/2020 at 12:17 PM, Jimbo85 said:

Hello,

I am a new member to the forum as just found it. I am based in London and feel that this is a good place to gain information about a clinic in the UK who despite COVID-19 and the public lockdown are offering me a hair surgery next week. I am desperate to get it done as have so much time to recover without anyone knowing about the surgery in the lockdown period but i wanted to ask is it  ok to get it done ? Many clinics I see have closed their doors.. Help appreciated. 

Jim

Avoid all UK clinics but especially KSL. Go to the Continent: better quality for the same price or same quality for cheaper. The UK is not a good option for this procedure. You should go to ethical clinics for consultation that offer both FUE and FUT and get an honest assessment of what you need and which procedures would be best for you. I consulted with most of the major clinics in Europe before making my decision  and the best consultation I had was with Feriduni, however there is a long waiting list just for a consultation with him and you have to pay (I think it was about 120 euros). He does both FUE and FUT and his results are amazing plus he renowned for being very ethical so even if you don't go with him, you can use what he tells you as a benchmark to inform your other consultations. Paying for the consultation will not make you feel obliged to go with him either. In the end I went with Hattingen who also do both procedures and are also a world class outfit (see my results for proof). They do free online consultations via Skype.

Do not rush into this! You will regret it! You can always get it done in November/December and you will have Xmas to heal before going back to work in January if that is your big concern.

Edited by TrixGlendevon
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@TrixGlendevon the op said he was considering KSL which is a clinic that only does FUE so I assumed that was his preference. 
Since I don’t know the extent of @Jimbo85 baldness I suggest the best for high norwood mega sessions (Arika) and one of the more highly skilled and affordable Doctors (Ferreira) for regular sessions of FUE up to 4000 grafts. 

I think considering KSL is probably indicative of somebody who perhaps needs to do more overall research though. We cannot recommend when we have no information. 

Edited by TrixGlendevon

3 hours ago, Jimbo85 said:

Avoid all UK clinics but especially KSL.

I am under the impression Farjo is very good. Is this not the case ? 

Jim 

Farjo is ok but, as I said above immediately after, for the sake of taking the Eurostar or a cheap flight to the continent, you can get better quality for the same price or the same quality for cheaper. Just avoid the UK clinics. Go to Belgium, Switzerland or Spain.

I can see you are desperate to get this done ASAP, which is why you are considering a UK clinic, and you are going to rush into it and you are going to regret it. Take your time and make the right choice.

Hi! You really need to rethink going to a UK clinic. You have mentioned Farjo - go on their website and look at the results that they showcase. They are very average results and these are apparently the best results they have to offer. This guy is a good example:
https://www.farjo.com/person/john-thomson/
He has over 6000 grafts and already had a lot of native hair in the mid-scalp and he has still ended up with a very, very average result. To put it in perspective, his hair calibre, donor and pattern look similar mine in my thread but I had far fewer grafts than him (4400). Now look at his result: weak left temple, lack of density all over..... it looks like a result with far fewer grafts than 6000. I bet he paid at least as much as I did or probably more. 

You need to look to the Continent. You can get a great result at a reasonable price there if you pick well. I don't know where you are based in the UK but let's say London - the train to Manchester is 2-2.5 hours and in the same amount of time you can get the train to Belgium where you have 4-5 decent clinics (world class in 1-2 cases).

Hopefully this has helped! Feel free to ask more questions, both here and in your topic. And please don't rush this!

Trix

Thank you for the message. I will avoid Farjo too. Im now looking at options and speaking with different clinics including a few in Belgium. I just wanted this done asap.

Jim