potential hair transplant surgeon

@Craig2412 you do realize things can change at any clinic and the experience you had a while back might not be the same today as you can read on the threads I posted.

Recently it’s mostly bad results and you are saying that people should consider a clinic that is now threatening patients that show them their bad results with lawyers. So you approve this behavior? 

I get it that you are happy with your results but you have to realize that a clinic with such unethical behavior towards their botched patients is not a clinic any reasonable person or former patient can continue to recommend. 

Edited by Portugal25

On 4/13/2020 at 3:22 PM, rf_ht_2019 said:

Hi,

I am beginning to look into potential hair transplant surgeons; and from my initial research Dr. Erkan Demirsoy, Dr. Emrah Cinik and Dr. Koray Erdogan appear to get great results.

Is there any other surgeons you guys would suggest I look into? (ideally within Europe)

Thanks!

@rf_ht_2019 also look into @Dr. Bruno Ferreira and check @Rolandas thread on his results with doctor. He works in Madrid with Dr Lorenzo (one of the best in the world) but also has in clinic in Porto where he charges half price (2.5€/graft) doing 1 patient per day with DHI using Lion Implantor pens. 

19 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Craig2412 you do realize things can change at any clinic and the experience you had a while back might not be the same today as you can read on the threads I posted.

Recently it’s mostly bad results and you are saying that people should consider a clinic that is now threatening patients that show them their bad results with lawyers. So you approve this behavior? 

I get it that you are happy with your results but you have to realize that a clinic with such unethical behavior towards their botched patients is not a clinic any reasonable person or former patient can continue to recommend. 

Are you for real mate? I was only at the clinic last year, the same time as the guys you’re referring to. I was at the clinic 1 week prior @munich guy you’ve you mentioned. 

Edited by Craig2412

Are you for real endorsing unethical behavior such as threatening botched patients with lawyers? 

I am for real providing evidence for every comment and now reply to you quoting my previous post when I wrote  “you are one of the lucky ones”.
I must remind you that Cinik that you agreed to being a low cost hairmill also has several happy (lucky) patients at HRN. 

Any minute now a patient from Cinik that paid 1500€ for his “3500 grafts” surgery will be coming to this thread recommending Cinik’s tech run surgeries just as you are doing now for ASMED not realizing the results at these tech run clinics depend on how lucky people are to get a good tech team.

Edited by Portugal25

7 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

More than for real, I am providing evidence for every comment.  I reply to you quoting my previous post when I told you “you are one of the lucky ones” and I remind you that Cinik that you agreed to beIng a hairmill also has several happy (lucky) patients at HRN. 

Are you for real endorsing a clinic with unethical behavior such as threatening botched patients with lawyers? 

I am not one of the lucky ones. There are loads of good to great results on here. I’ve never commented on Cinik.

I completely agree with everything @Portugal25 is saying on this thread. Avoid Turkey altogether. It is like the Wild West there. Not sure what your budget is but I would save up more money and go to a clinic in the EU (assuming you are in Europe) or North America where they have strong legal frameworks that protect consumers and ethical rules governing private sector clinics and service provision. If your budget is around the 2.5 euro mark, which it appears to be from your choice of Turkish clinics, then I would look at Bruno Ferreira (not seen results personally but I hear he is good and he is flavour of the week at the moment) in Portugal and Ximena Vila, Argentinian in Spain, who also charges 2.5 euros a graft. My advice would still be to save up more money and not make price the primary factor in choosing the clinic though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@rf_ht_2019 I agree with @TrixGlendevon recommendation of Dr. Ximena Villa.
She worked for almost a decade with Dr. Lorenzo before opening her own clinic (Bruno Ferreira replaced her at Lorenzo’s clinic).
They both have the same technique which is DHI but Ximena does 2 patients per day while Bruno does only 1 patient per day. 
You can check Ximena’s several real patients results on the Spanish forum (pretty much all of them are home run results).

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@rf_ht_2019 I agree with @TrixGlendevon recommendation of Dr. Ximena Villa.
She worked for almost a decade with Dr. Lorenzo before opening her own clinic (Bruno Ferreira replaced her at Lorenzo’s clinic).
They both have the same technique which is DHI but Ximena does 2 patients per day while Bruno does only 1 patient per day. 
You can check Ximena’s several real patients results on the Spanish forum (pretty much all of them are home run results).

I don't think it matters how many she does a day if the results are good and consistent, and they appear to be with her. Not seen Bruno's so unfair to comment but I agree, on the surface a clinic doing one a day is better than a clinic doing two. For that price point, he isn't going to get better options within a developed country's legal and ethical framework though which is why I think he should save up more money and investigate a broader set of clinics across different price points. He may still end up going to one of those two but then he would be going because he feels he will get the best result from them, not because he can't afford to go anywhere else.

• Like 1

It's been fun, but also shocking reading this thread.
My personal experience - Turkey was a great place to go some years back. There was several doctors doing good ethical job. Nowadays almost everyone in Turkey is transforming into hair-mill type like @Portugal25 said.
I understand, very high demand for cheap HT and doctors are taking advantage of this. Nothing bad about it. Everyone has to make a decent living, however it gets less and less "personalised" procedure. That's why it's called "hair mill". You come in and go out and you've been forgotten.
You still can get great results from such clinics mentioned above no doubt about it, however I would think for my self: What would I do if I would be one of bad ones? (I've seen so many people preaching good doctors and then coming here or other forums and asking for help as their donor been destroyed or hair doesn't grow).
Personally I would go with someone where I could have the highest chance to get "lucky". Yes, every doctor has bad result. But who cares? I don't care about other results, I care about MY result.
Your job is to figure it out which one has the least amount of bad results for your hairloss type (everyone has different loss and different strategy). That's why it's called "research". Do your own research.

P.S. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Rolandas
  • Thanks 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

@rf_ht_2019 you are looking at around 6000 grafts minimum to get a barely decent density.

You should consider FUT and I advise you to request a diagnosis to Feriduni, Muresanu, H&W and Rahal. 

If you are dead set on FUE your only option would be Dr Arika at Eugenix as they are considered the best in the world for FUE mega sessions.

Edited by Portugal25

On 4/19/2020 at 11:48 AM, Portugal25 said:

@rf_ht_2019 my advice is to stay clear from ASMED as they have been getting bad results, overharvesting patients and then threatening them with lawyers. 
Cinik is a all inclusive hairmill in which your results will depend on tech team assigned to you on the day of your surgery.

In your list Demirsoy (1.25€/graft) is the only option but if you are set on Turkey why not go to best which is HLC Ankara (2.7€graft)?

Demirsoy only does surgery on 1 patient per day but does pre-made slits/holes and. has technicians do the implantation.

HLC has doctors doing only 1 patient per day with a higher level surgery stick&place in which each slit is done and immediately after the graft is implanted. It’s the same technique used by Dr. Konior. 

If you have the budget for it then go to HLC.

Thanks for the info. :)
Thats good to know, I'll take a look at HLC Ankara for sure - thanks for the recommendation!

I live in Spain, so not set on Turkey. I guess I have focussed my initial research on Turkey as some of the surgeons have had great results at reasonable costs.

19 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@rf_ht_2019 also look into @Dr. Bruno Ferreira and check @Rolandas thread on his results with doctor. He works in Madrid with Dr Lorenzo (one of the best in the world) but also has in clinic in Porto where he charges half price (2.5€/graft) doing 1 patient per day with DHI using Lion Implantor pens. 

Thanks a lot, I'll check these doctors. Madrid would be very easy to travel to.

7 minutes ago, rf_ht_2019 said:

Thanks for the info. :)
Thats good to know, I'll take a look at HLC Ankara for sure - thanks for the recommendation!

I live in Spain, so not set on Turkey. I guess I have focussed my initial research on Turkey as some of the surgeons have had great results at reasonable costs.

If you live in Spain and are dead set on FUE then you should consider Ximena Villa which is a better option than HLC but you will most likely need 2 surgeries with her or Bruno Ferreira in Portugal.   

Dr Arika at Eugenix could probably rebuild your front and midscalp and crown in one surgery. 

Its a quick flight from Spain to Feriduni or Muresanu so I advise you to ask them for a diagnosis. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@rf_ht_2019 you are looking at around 6000 grafts to get a decent density.

You should consider FUT and I advise you to request a diagnosis to Feriduni, Muresanu, H&W and Rahal. 

If you are dead set on FUE your only option would be Eugenix as they are considered the best in the world for FUE mega sessions.

Thanks very much for all the info.

Really appreciate the advice and recommendations you have provided. 

Would you recommend FUT or FUE considering I would need 6000 grafts? I understand FUT has a higher success rate but I do worry about the scar

37 minutes ago, rf_ht_2019 said:

Would you recommend FUT or FUE considering I would need 6000 grafts? I understand FUT has a higher success rate but I do worry about the scar

I had FUT with Rahal in 2008 and my scar is not noticeable unless I shave with a number 2 shaver. 

You have a lot of cm2 to cover I would say around 160cm2. If you start with FUT and then have FUE you will maximize your limited donor area.

I would recommend using the most out your FUT donor area and then moving to FUE+BHT.

I look forward to hearing about the diagnosis you will receive but I’m sure you are looking at more than 6000 grafts divided into two surgeries.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Thanks 1

Again, I agree with @Portugal25 - you need a lot of grafts and you need to think about this carefully. Do not go to Turkey. You are latching onto any Turkish clinic because of price and that is the worst reason to choose a clinic. Save up more money and get this done properly. You need to go to a clinic with a world class reputation for quality and ethics that does both FUT and FUE and get their opinion with an in person consultation. You can't afford to get this wrong as you need so many grafts and have a finite donor.

As you are in Europe, contact Feriduni's clinic and Hattingen Hair (Muresanu). They offer both procedures, are both ethical and are world class clinics. I had consultations with them both. Feriduni's was the best consultation I had (but you pay for it - 120 euros+/-) and I went with Hattingen Hair for my procedure. I went with FUT and you can't see the scar. If you think FUE doesn't leave scars, you are wrong. All surgery leaves scars and you need a lot of grafts so you will have a lot of scars.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Again, I agree with @Portugal25 - you need a lot of grafts and you need to think about this carefully. Do not go to Turkey. You are latching onto any Turkish clinic because of price and that is the worst reason to choose a clinic. Save up more money and get this done properly. You need to go to a clinic with a world class reputation for quality and ethics that does both FUT and FUE and get their opinion with an in person consultation. You can't afford to get this wrong as you need so many grafts and have a finite donor.

As you are in Europe, contact Feriduni's clinic and Hattingen Hair (Muresanu). They offer both procedures, are both ethical and are world class clinics. I had consultations with them both. Feriduni's was the best consultation I had (but you pay for it - 120 euros+/-) and I went with Hattingen Hair for my procedure. I went with FUT and you can't see the scar. If you think FUE doesn't leave scars, you are wrong. All surgery leaves scars and you need a lot of grafts so you will have a lot of scars.

Yeah exactly, you are right! Its such an important decision and one which I can't afford to get wrong.

I'm going to spend time researching the doctors and pick 2 or 3 to go for an in-person consultation. :)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, rf_ht_2019 said:

Yes, for your case FUT would be a lot better than FUE, depending on your scalp laxity, it’s possible to get close to 6,000 in one surgery. As long as you wear your hair a certain length, you should not worry about the scar.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, rf_ht_2019 said:

Yeah exactly, you are right! Its such an important decision and one which I can't afford to get wrong.

I'm going to spend time researching the doctors and pick 2 or 3 to go for an in-person consultation. :)

Go for the two we have mentioned to you! There is no obligation to go with them afterwards for the actual surgery. Their results are world class, they offer both procedure types and, the most important thing, they are very, very ethical. I made two trips. One to Belgium and visited about 4-5 clinics there, including Feriduni and another trip to Switzerland for Hattingen. If you are in doubt about those two because you are worried they may tell you FUT is the best option and you are scared of the scar, check out my scar on this link and also look at Conan's thread who is having repair work done at Hattingen too because of previous work by lesser clinics ruining his head. Learn from him. His scar from Hattingen is amazing too, they always are. There is also a repair job that has been posted, also FUT, by Feriduni on here the scar and work are amazing. 

42 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

I had FUT with Rahal in 2008 and my scar is not noticeable unless I shave with a number 2 shaver. 

You have a lot of cm2 to cover I would say around 160cm2. If you start with FUT and then have FUE you will maximize your limited donor area.

I would recommend using the most out your FUT donor area and then moving to FUE+BHT.

I look forward to hearing about the diagnosis you will receive but I’m sure you are looking at more than 6000 grafts divided into two surgeries.

Thats not so bad. If I use a number 3 shaver to hide the scar then I'm fine with that.

I'll be sure to update when I have had consultations with the doctors. Thanks again!

2 minutes ago, rf_ht_2019 said:

Thats not so bad. If I use a number 3 shaver to hide the scar then I'm fine with that.

I'll be sure to update when I have had consultations with the doctors. Thanks again!

If you get about 100-120 FUE grafts put into the scar down the line, you can shave it to a number 2 and it still be invisible. I specifically asked Hattingen about this in my consultation and I spoke to a patient on the same day as my surgery at the clinic who had had it done by him too. His scars are that good.

6 minutes ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Go for the two we have mentioned to you! There is no obligation to go with them afterwards for the actual surgery. Their results are world class, they offer both procedure types and, the most important thing, they are very, very ethical. I made two trips. One to Belgium and visited about 4-5 clinics there, including Feriduni and another trip to Switzerland for Hattingen. If you are in doubt about those two because you are worried they may tell you FUT is the best option and you are scared of the scar, check out my scar on this link and also look at Conan's thread who is having repair work done at Hattingen too because of previous work by lesser clinics ruining his head. Learn from him. His scar from Hattingen is amazing too, they always are. There is also a repair job that has been posted, also FUT, by Feriduni on here the scar and work are amazing. 

Wow! your results are amazing!

14 minutes ago, TrixGlendevon said:

This is probably a stupid question but if I need approximately 6000 grafts, would that be FU or number of hairs? http://www.hattingenhair.com/en/hair-transplant-prices/prices/