Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I am beginning to look into potential hair transplant surgeons; and from my initial research Dr. Erkan Demirsoy, Dr. Emrah Cinik and Dr. Koray Erdogan appear to get great results.

Is there any other surgeons you guys would suggest I look into? (ideally within Europe)

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be extremely cautious of Erdogan. He used to be legendary but his recent results have been disastrous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How old are you, are you on meds? Can you provide photos? 


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, topher1999 said:

Be extremely cautious of Erdogan. He used to be legendary but his recent results have been disastrous.

He’s had some outstanding recent results like @Craig2412 I would encourage the OP to look up his name and review all of the recent results himself good or bad. 

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If OP has any questions based on my own personal experience feel free to message me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, topher1999 said:

Be extremely cautious of Erdogan. He used to be legendary but his recent results have been disastrous.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to research thoroughly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How old are you, are you on meds? Can you provide photos? 

Hi Melvin

I'm 35, I started to notice my hair slowly recede around 18 years old; but I'd say over the past 5 years my hairloss has accelerated rapidly.

In terms of meds.. Im not taking anything now but I took Propecia for around one year aged 25. Its hard to say whether I benefited from Propecia or not but I discontinued due to finances at that time.

I'll upload some photos tomorrow evening.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Craig2412 said:

If OP has any questions based on my own personal experience feel free to message me. 

Thanks Craig! I'm sure I'll have many questions as I do my research, so I'll be sure to get in touch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rf_ht_2019 said:

Hi Melvin

I'm 35, I started to notice my hair slowly recede around 18 years old; but I'd say over the past 5 years my hairloss has accelerated rapidly.

In terms of meds.. Im not taking anything now but I took Propecia for around one year aged 25. Its hard to say whether I benefited from Propecia or not but I discontinued due to finances at that time.

I'll upload some photos tomorrow evening.

Thanks!

You still have some decent hair left from your avatar, I certainly recommend getting back on it, as long as you didn’t suffer any negative side effects.

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You still have some decent hair left from your avatar, I certainly recommend getting back on it, as long as you didn’t suffer any negative side effects.

Yeah, I think you're right - best to get back on it soon and try to preserve what is there!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You still have some decent hair left from your avatar, I certainly recommend getting back on it, as long as you didn’t suffer any negative side effects.

Melvin,

Can a person take finasteride without consulting a doctor first?

Edited by tesla007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tesla007 said:

Melvin,

Can a person take finasteride without consulting a doctor first?

You can buy it online at a shady pharmacy, but who knows if you’re getting the real thing or proper dosage. In the US, we have these online pharmacies like HIMS and Getroman, you can basically get a prescription online without seeing a doctor in person, and it’s legit.

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You can buy it online at a shady pharmacy, but who knows if you’re getting the real thing or proper dosage. In the US, we have these online pharmacies like HIMS and Getroman, you can basically get a prescription online without seeing a doctor in person, and it’s legit.

My point was that if a person in his young age is experiencing hairloss then can he start finasteride without going to the doctor?

Moreover many doctors in Asia, like 80-90% of them, after a transplant does not prescribe finasteride to the patients to save the existing hair. They all rely on PRP, maybe because it brings in more moolah. So, can the patients start a 5mg dose too on their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tesla007 said:

My point was that if a person in his young age is experiencing hairloss then can he start finasteride without going to the doctor?

Moreover many doctors in Asia, like 80-90% of them, after a transplant does not prescribe finasteride to the patients to save the existing hair. They all rely on PRP, maybe because it brings in more moolah. So, can the patients start a 5mg dose too on their own.

5mg is too high, the dosage is 1mg, if you can find legitimate finasteride you can start it, but I would say start at the lowest possible dosage and move up slowly.

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

5mg is too high, the dosage is 1mg, if you can find legitimate finasteride you can start it, but I would say start at the lowest possible dosage and move up slowly.

Thank you. What should be the Minoxidil % which one can start? Can one apply Minoxidil to the transplanted area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tesla007 said:

Thank you. What should be the Minoxidil % which one can start? Can one apply Minoxidil to the transplanted area?

Minoxidil 5% is the dosage for males, you can apply 1ml daily, they recommend twice a day, but once is fine. I use lipogaine minoxidil. I prefer liquid over foam. I feel like foam doesn’t penetrate the scalp. That’s just my personal opinion. Yes you can apply minoxidil to the transplanted area, but only after a two months, once the grafts have shed.

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rf_ht_2019 my advice is to stay clear from ASMED as they have been getting bad results, overharvesting patients and then threatening them with lawyers. 
Cinik is a all inclusive hairmill in which your results will depend on tech team assigned to you on the day of your surgery.

In your list Demirsoy (1.25€/graft) is the only option but if you are set on Turkey why not go to best which is HLC Ankara (2.7€graft)?

Demirsoy only does surgery on 1 patient per day but does pre-made slits/holes and. has technicians do the implantation.

HLC has doctors doing only 1 patient per day with a higher level surgery stick&place in which each slit is done and immediately after the graft is implanted. It’s the same technique used by Dr. Konior. 

If you have the budget for it then go to HLC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@rf_ht_2019 my advice is to stay clear from ASMED as they have been getting bad results, overharvesting patients and then threatening them with lawyers. 
Cinik is a all inclusive hairmill in which your results will depend on tech team assigned to you on the day of your surgery.

In your list Demirsoy (1.25€/graft) is the only option but if you are set on Turkey why not go to best which is HLC Ankara (2.7€graft)?

Demirsoy only does surgery on 1 patient per day but does pre-made slits/holes and. has technicians do the implantation.

HLC has doctors doing only 1 patient per day with a higher level surgery stick&place in which each slit is done and immediately after the graft is implanted. It’s the same technique used by Dr. Konior. 

If you have the budget for it then go to HLC

Edited by Craig2412

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Craig2412 please read my post as I didn’t write ASMED is a hairmill but rather a high price clinic getting bad results and threatening patients with lawyers.
My statement can be verified on @dust78 thread regarding his experience at ASMED.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2020 at 12:45 PM, Portugal25 said:

@Craig2412 please read my post as I didn’t write ASMED is a hairmill but rather a high price clinic getting bad results and threatening patients with lawyers.
My statement can be verified on @dust78 thread regarding his experience at ASMED.

What about all the amazing results they’re still producing? @nb98 just within the past couple of minutes has posted an awesome update. The clinic done wonders with my own hair too (attached) 

Yes I would totally agree there has been a few results which haven’t been great but there’s still a very good chance you would get a good to great result going to Asmed if someone is considering Turkey for a hair transplant. 
 

9C770EBE-A468-42C6-A0D8-1428CBF33E40.jpeg

Edited by Craig2412

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of those, I would say Demirsoy. 3 months post op with Demirsoy and looking forward to the results. Anyone will tell you who’s been that they do provide an excellent service 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Craig2412 I’m glad you are one of the lucky ones from ASMED and I see you are aware that today ASMED is no better than any other Turkish hairmill.

You can check below what recent ASMED patients are saying:

@munich experience and quote:

“Now they operate 8 patients per day. If you are lucky you get the good techs. Dr. Koray just draws the hairline and makes the cuts. 
They promise a growth rate of more than 90% but they can't keep this promise anymore as you could see in many cases here in this forum. “

@dust78 experience and quote:

“unacceptable is the attitude they are having with me. I sent the photos to show the conditions of my donor. The doctor did not even deign to answer me personally, as usual he delegated his consultant who with a message via whatsapp told me that it was all right and that it was all normal. Furthermore, as he had done previously, at the slightest hint of dissent he immediately made me understand that if I didn't like it I had to see it with their lawyer! “

@miko experience:

Based in the threads above from real patients experiences, I’m downgrading the tech run ASMED to a hairmill (just like Cinik) and will be referring to them as such in the future. 

I don’t understand how people still recommend this unethical high priced hairmill.

@rf_ht_2019 if you are dead set on traveling to the world capital of botched hair transplant surgeries that is Turkey but still manage to achieve great results then I advise you to book with the best in the country, right now that’s  HLC Ankara.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Craig2412 I’m glad you are one of the lucky ones from ASMED and I see you are aware that today ASMED is no better than any other Turkish hairmill.

You can check below what recent ASMED patients are saying:

@munich experience and quote:

“Now they operate 8 patients per day. If you are lucky you get the good techs. Dr. Koray just draws the hairline and makes the cuts. 
They promise a growth rate of more than 90% but they can't keep this promise anymore as you could see in many cases here in this forum. “

@dust78 experience and quote:

“unacceptable is the attitude they are having with me. I sent the photos to show the conditions of my donor. The doctor did not even deign to answer me personally, as usual he delegated his consultant who with a message via whatsapp told me that it was all right and that it was all normal. Furthermore, as he had done previously, at the slightest hint of dissent he immediately made me understand that if I didn't like it I had to see it with their lawyer! “

@miko experience:

And lastly a thread with people stating the obviou


I don’t understand how people still recommend this unethical high priced hairmill (based in the threads above I’m downgrading the tech run ASMED to a hairmill and will be referring to them as such in the future).

@rf_ht_2019 if you want to go to Turkey and achieve great results I advise you to book with HLC.

No way are they a high priced hairmill. I’ve seen the negative posts and see them while doing my own research. Every clinic has bad results. 
I think your find on this forum alone there are lots of ‘lucky’ patients like me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

No way are they a high priced hairmill. I’ve seen the negative posts and see them while doing my own research. Every clinic has bad results. 
I think your find on this forum alone there are lots of ‘lucky’ patients like me. 

@Craig2412 please read the threads above as you will find that everyone is stating that recently it’s gone downhill as they now have techs operating 8 patients per day (hairmill) and Dr. Erdogan intervention is little to none.

Every clinic has bad results and it’s the way they handle patients with bad results that makes them great clinics or unethical hairmills like ASMED that told @dust78 to speak with their lawyers after he showed he was overharvested.

Sadly ASMED went from good to a very high priced hairmill. 

Edited by Portugal25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

@Craig2412 please read the threads above as you will find that everyone is stating that recently it’s gone downhill as they are now operating 8 patients per day (hairmill) and Dr. Erdogan intervention is little to none.

Every clinic has bad results and it’s the way they handle patients with bad results that makes them great clinics or unethical hairmills like ASMED that told @dust78 to speak with their lawyers after he showed he was overharvested.

Sadly ASMED went from good to a very high priced hairmill. 

I’ve seen the majority of the good and bad results. I think you’re being very harsh and unfair here, and the OP on this thread should still consider Asmed. 
Sadly I went to this downhill high priced hairmill and ended up like this! 
 

48B5188A-94CE-4458-A38D-4C26A3A97C79.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×