(new1month-1sthaircutpics)Socialdrinkers Dr Cooley HT 6/18/04

Robert_

HBT, you are the man! I was going to do something like that at around month 3 (when, hopefully something will be popping up) but this will def. help anyone whos new to my post.

Thanks again, though. That picture on 6/26/04 looks really friggin bad, doesnt it? for some reason, it only looked that way that day. Im definitely getting some shock loss, but not as much (yet) as i anticipated. Also, Im keeping in mind that this is only month 3 or so for the Proscar and Minox, so those didnt hae a chance to "take hold" of my existing hair. Oh well, its all uphill from here!

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the waiting game is on. I go back to see Dr. Cooley in 2 weeks, and then every month thereafter, so I suspect that there will be better photos coming from each visit than the ones that i post weekly. Ive always had a hell of an immune system and have always healed rapidly. I guess Im lucky in that aspect.

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Socialdrinker, my 1200 graft procedure w/ Cooley is Aug. 5. Would I be safe to get my last haircut before the procedure July 15 with a number 2 guard in the back? I want the scar and stitches to be covered.

I would think so. Look at my pics, man, my hair was shorter in the back than a FRESH #2 buzz would have been. Youll be able to see a miiiiiinor line but nothing bad i would think...if that.

Ok, I'll do that then. Your hairline is going to be so cool looking. I can't wait to see pics after your first haircut. I wonder if your stylist will be able to tell? I doubt it at the rate you're healing!

i need to take another picture of the donor scar Friday to show how it looks. Its nothing more than a long, thin red line at the back, and at the sides, it is barely anything at all. Ill probably break down and get that haircut this weekend. Im getting a little too shaggy even with the hat on.

1 Month post op - I finally got a haircut today. The stylist said she never would have known unless she saw the scar (which she didnt see at first). I had my usual "high and tight" with a #2 guard on the sides and back. As you can see, the scar is a little visible, but not bad enough for me to care since I wear a hat anyway.

1monthpostop2.jpg

1monthpostop1.jpg

Yeah, like i said, its still visible, but since i still have my ballcap on all the time, it doesnt matter. Im going to see Dr. Cooley tomorrow. I hope that hell take some better dtailed pics than my phone can give of the donor site. Ill post em as soon as I get em.

Due to some unforseen circumstances I was not able to get to Charlotte friday as origionally planned. It appears to have been for the better, however, because when I contacted Ms. Ailene she said that they were short-staffed that day anyway. Ill be contacting her in the coming week to reschedule another day, possibly friday. I always look forward to their comments on my progress. Ill post some pictures of this week tomorrow.

Thanks, Social. You seem to be healing very well and I believe you'll almost forget you ever had a HT with the way your scar is healing. Keep up the photos, you're inspiring us all!

Dont thank me, man, Im just entirely stoked to be in the position im in. I swear, if it werent for my relatively old age (25) and the setback it would cause me as far as the extra courses it would take, Id be pre-med right now to start on the path to become an Ht physician. Never before did medical science interest me so much. Lets see...3 years of law school vs. 4 years of med school...hmmmm....

Intruiging, but I seriously doubt I lack the artistry and talent needed to become a top-notch surgeon. Now, a top-notch arguement I can make, so law school it is!

Hahaha

good grief...like the world REALLY needs another lawyer....

actually Social, you could have the best of BOTH worlds...go out and be an attorney that goes after these hairmills and other butchers!.

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

No Social, Go to Med School and invent a pill that you only have to take ONE time and it gives you the head of hair you had when you were 12 years old! Shouldn't be that difficult to do should it? icon_biggrin.gif

man your story is great. Cant wait to see the next update with photos. ya this is not in a good place.. breaking the stream of thought.

but let me add. PLEASE do not create any miracles with butt hair. it just aint right.

Cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"