Dandruff or something else

Hi,

I am in the 5th month after the HT. Recently I noticed some white kinda layer forming on the roots of the transplanted hairs after the shampoo. On non-shampoo days it gets dried up and stick in the hair. Not much but very very few and small particles. Is this dandruff? I never had dandruff before. Now when I scratch the head this wax kinda thing comes out even from the non-transplanted hair scalp. Is this natural oil due to sweat etc.? PFA.

I have been using a Baby Shampoo after the transplant, once or twice a week. I do not put water on my hair on non-shampoo days, the clinic said so. Is this fine? I oil my hair after washing them with the shampoo when they are dried naturally. Many hair come out while doing light massages with oil, is this natural?

Please guide.

Thanks

Photo.jpg

I was getting the same thing when I changed the  Routine and Products  I was using after my Hair Transplant  Experimenting with Oils and Conditioners.

I'm my case, Washing my head twice a week, only lead to a build up of excess  Oils and Sweat on skin which caused Irritation,  Scratching mad it Worse. 

When I switched back to my normal washing Routine using Anti-Dandruff Shampoo everything, was back to normal. Try Nizoral Ketoconazole Shampoo.

I don't think its anything to Worry about although Check with a Professional/Dermatologist or contact the Physician where you had your Hair Transplant.

Edited by Niko1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Niko1 said:

I was getting the same thing when I changed the  Routine and Products  I was using after my Hair Transplant  Experimenting with Oils and Conditioners.

I'm my case, Washing my head twice a week, only lead to a build up of excess  Oils and Sweat on skin which caused Irritation,  Scratching mad it Worse. 

When I switched back to my normal washing Routine using Anti-Dandruff Shampoo everything, was back to normal. Try Nizoral Ketoconazole Shampoo.

I don't think its anything to Worry about although Check with a Professional/Dermatologist or contact the Physician where you had your Hair Transplant.

Thanks. I used to use a mild, as per the bottle, anti hairfall shampoo every alternate day before the transplant, sometimes a conditioner too. Due to the lockdown it will be hard to get hands on a Ketoconazole Shampoo. Should I stick with the baby shampoo and increase its frequency in the meantime? Should I keep on applying oil after shampoo, baby or coconut oil? Is it normal for hairs to come out while applying oil?

Hey, 5 months after your Transplant I think its safe to say you can us any shampoo you want ! I would avoid shampoos which contain SLS Sulphates, Dimethicone and Parabens. Baby/Coconut Oils or even Anti Hair Fall Shampoos will not help to slow down Hair Loss. Its all a waste of time, effort and money. Look up/Research Nizoral Shampoo and its Benefits, it may help with your Situation. Consult with your doctor/physician first.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks like dandruff flakes, I suggest using Nizoral shampoo. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 hours ago, Niko1 said:

Hey, 5 months after your Transplant I think its safe to say you can us any shampoo you want ! I would avoid shampoos which contain SLS Sulphates, Dimethicone and Parabens. Baby/Coconut Oils or even Anti Hair Fall Shampoos will not help to slow down Hair Loss. Its all a waste of time, effort and money. Look up/Research Nizoral Shampoo and its Benefits, it may help with your Situation. Consult with your doctor/physician first.

Thanks. Which hair or hair product which is safe for hair should I use after shampoo? I am not into fashion just to give some sense to curly hair.

@Melvin-Moderator  @Niko1

How to make sure whether one has dandruff or dry scalp?

If I turn my head upside down and rub the scalp back and forth over a dark surface then tiny, dry powdery bits fall which is usually a sign of dry scalp. So, how to determine which one a person has out of the two?

Edited by tesla007

• Administrators
3 hours ago, tesla007 said:

@Melvin-Moderator  @Niko1

How to make sure whether one has dandruff or dry scalp?

If I turn my head upside down and rub the scalp back and forth over a dark surface then tiny, dry powdery bits fall which is usually a sign of dry scalp. So, how to determine which one a person has out of the two?

Sounds like dandruff, those flakes are dandruff flakes.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/20/2020 at 9:34 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Sounds like dandruff, those flakes are dandruff flakes.

Thank you. Any home test that I can do to determine 100% what it is? Because of what I am checking on the internet it is dry scalp. Anyways I am going by what you have told. Using some anti dandruff shampoo, not nizoral, and applying some baby oil which is not sticky after the shampoo.

Edited by tesla007

They look like crusts to me.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

16 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

To me it sounds like you’re not shampooing enough nor r u using a shampoo that is cleansing enough. Using a baby shampoo twice a week will likely not get rid of all the oils and dead skin your scalp accumulates

Do you recommend shampooing more than twice a week? The clinic said once or twice max is more than enough. Do you think that is dandruff or something else? Should I avoid oiling the hair? I oil, a little, only after shampoo.

Edited by tesla007

21 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

It depends on your hair type. For example I gave oily scalp and shampoo daily. Shampooing has no effect on hair loss

Let me increase the intensity and I will get back to you.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:34 AM, tesla007 said:

What exactly is that and how to fix it?

Crusts are the dead tissue from the tips of the grafts...the tips dry out post-op and most docs will inform their patients to remove them approximately 7-10 days post-op.

Theses instructions should be included in your post-op instructions.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY