Poor Result Dr. Koray Erdogan, January 2017 ( 4,500 Grafts) Brilliantly Repaired Sep 2021 Dr. Couto (1500 Grafts)

miko

Hi Guys, I am attaching 15 days post-op pictures (vertex and donor areas) from my 3rd HT (2nd with Dr. Couto, who repaired my terrible result from Asmed clinic with Dr. Erdogan). Happy Easter!

20230319_103913.jpg

20230319_103942.jpg

20230319_104011.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What an incredibly motivational thread.

Congratulations on the result with Dr Couto.

You unknowingly made a mistake with your first choice of surgeon,  then did a lot of research and went with one of the best in the world and now I'm sure your confidence is sky high where it belongs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 3:48 AM, botchedguy95 said:

Any updates mate? How is the crown looking?

Hello. Sorry for late response, but I was extremly busy. Today is exactly 3 months since my 3rd HT (2nd with Dr. Couto). Here is picture of my vertex. All implanted hair fell out, and there is also some shock loss (not so big as after my 1st HT at Asmed). Dr. Couto said that hair in vertex area starting to grow later as in frontal part, usually from 5th - 6th month since HT. I hope everything will be good. Picture was taken inside, under bright interior light.

20230601_204602.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, mrmane85 said:

What an incredibly motivational thread.

Congratulations on the result with Dr Couto.

You unknowingly made a mistake with your first choice of surgeon,  then did a lot of research and went with one of the best in the world and now I'm sure your confidence is sky high where it belongs.

Thank you. Yes, I made a biggest mistake with Asmed and Dr. Erdogan in my whole life. But Dr. Couto repaired this mistake excelently in frontal part. I hope also my vertex and temple area will be looking perfect.

Edited by miko

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man congrats on the result! I'll do a repair with Couto as well this year. Can I ask if he ran the surgery? I have been told He doesnt perform now 100% of the implantation (I think the extraction has been done by another professional for many years)

could you tell us which part of the surgery did Couto run and also which parts did others? thanks

11 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

Hey man congrats on the result! I'll do a repair with Couto as well this year. Can I ask if he ran the surgery? I have been told He doesnt perform now 100% of the implantation (I think the extraction has been done by another professional for many years)

could you tell us which part of the surgery did Couto run and also which parts did others? thanks

Hello. In my case, Dr. Couto implanted all grafts. Extraction was taken by his "nurse" Esteban, who was trained by Dr. Couto for years.

On 6/2/2023 at 11:46 AM, miko said:

Hello. Sorry for late response, but I was extremly busy. Today is exactly 3 months since my 3rd HT (2nd with Dr. Couto). Here is picture of my vertex. All implanted hair fell out, and there is also some shock loss (not so big as after my 1st HT at Asmed). Dr. Couto said that hair in vertex area starting to grow later as in frontal part, usually from 5th - 6th month since HT. I hope everything will be good. Picture was taken inside, under bright interior light.

20230601_204602.jpg

Ohhhh!! That is looking fantastic for just 3 months! Dr Couto has done an amazing repair job with you. 

Can not wait to see the final result, but remember the crown takes a lot more time so please, keep us updated till the very end like 12-16months after ht

Thanks for sharing!

On 6/16/2023 at 3:38 PM, BaldingEye said:

Ohhhh!! That is looking fantastic for just 3 months! Dr Couto has done an amazing repair job with you. 

Can not wait to see the final result, but remember the crown takes a lot more time so please, keep us updated till the very end like 12-16months after ht

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. Yes. Dr. Couto said, that the final result in vertex area is usually later. Now hair shuuld start to grow. 

16 hours ago, Here4hairs said:

@miko hey mate very happy for you and your final success after a tough start to this process. Any chance you can send me a pm I unfortunately find myself in a similar situation to you and would appreciate some feedback

Hello, yes, no problem. Please send mi a message and I will answer you. Thx

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 11:19 PM, 2fast2FUErious said:

Congratulations Miko!

How has the crown progress been?

Hello, 

thank you. I am attaching 6 and 1/2 month progress since my 2nd HT at Fuexpert clinic with Dr. Couto (vertex area).

20230924_111548.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrators

Beautiful 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 1:47 PM, Zinedine said:

you are looking phenomenal

Thank you very much 🙂 Dr. Couto did a great work. And he had very difficult situation after Dr. Koray Erdogan took the best grafts in terms of quality and in insane quantity and most of them "flushed down the toilet."

On 10/14/2023 at 11:24 PM, mxnprettynice said:

Thank you @miko for the consistent updates. Your thread is much appreciated 💫

Thank you very much. I do this to show those interested in a hair transplant how important it is to choose a good doctor/clinic, what is the difference between a good and a bad doctor/clinic and that even after a bad hair transplant it can sometimes be fixed, which I think is also my case.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man congratulations. you deserve a good end to your story. Couto is a magician.

Like you I ended in a dissapointment from a turkish clinic which was supposed to be a safe bet (in my case HLC). Although being honest my result wasnt as bad as yours from Asmed. Couto did my repair + temple work about 3 weeks ago and Im very happy I waited those eternal waiting list he has and invested my money there. Btw did u ask Couto about an estimate of your donnor capital after 3 surgeries?

cheers

7 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

Man congratulations. you deserve a good end to your story. Couto is a magician.

Like you I ended in a dissapointment from a turkish clinic which was supposed to be a safe bet (in my case HLC). Although being honest my result wasnt as bad as yours from Asmed. Couto did my repair + temple work about 3 weeks ago and Im very happy I waited those eternal waiting list he has and invested my money there. Btw did u ask Couto about an estimate of your donnor capital after 3 surgeries?

cheers

Hello. Thank you. Yes, Dr. Couto is a magician. You were in best hands. I saw your thread. I think your result was not so bad. Also HLC clinic has no so bad reputation as Asmed clinic and Dr. Erdogan. But the difference between turkish clinics and Dr. Couto is extremely large. Not only because of quality, but also because of honesty. I remember how the Asmed clinic kept blaming me for the result and kept lying and replacing lies with more lies. Dr. Couto said that my donor area is almost exhausted after surgeries ("nurses" of Asmed destroyed a lot of grafts in donor area), but I am going to see him for a checkup sometime in March/April 2024 and he will assess whether there is anything left or not. I hope your result will be brilliant.

2 hours ago, miko said:

Hello. Thank you. Yes, Dr. Couto is a magician. You were in best hands. I saw your thread. I think your result was not so bad. Also HLC clinic has no so bad reputation as Asmed clinic and Dr. Erdogan. But the difference between turkish clinics and Dr. Couto is extremely large. Not only because of quality, but also because of honesty. I remember how the Asmed clinic kept blaming me for the result and kept lying and replacing lies with more lies. Dr. Couto said that my donor area is almost exhausted after surgeries ("nurses" of Asmed destroyed a lot of grafts in donor area), but I am going to see him for a checkup sometime in March/April 2024 and he will assess whether there is anything left or not. I hope your result will be brilliant.

IMO Erdorgan doesnt have bad reputation as a doctor himself, just all his big team. He made the bet on the clinic Asmed and not in himself, and let people underqualified to run surgeries there.

What u said about how they blamed you sounds familiar. I have a spanish friend who posts on youtube (mesiassss4) and makes videos about good and bad clinics/doctors. He made a video with me where I explained my dissapointment with HLC and although they didnt reply to my many messages I sent them they inmidiately comented the video saying I was lying and only called me after I exposed this behaviour of them on the internet. I was shocked they had this "low cost clinic behaviour". Probably they would have said I didnt have the surgery with them hadn't I posted the official pics, who knows.

The thing is that even the good cases they have I notice they use too many grafts just to cover small areas. I have seen a nw1 where they used 2500grafts, when Couto would have need maximum 1000 for same case (and probably better result). So I wouldnt ever recommend HLC or any clinic in Turkey. Unless u live there aleady maybe or close by.

I hope we exhibit grear hair in a few months fella. Cheers.