Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, lapiduch said:

Bro, this is the worst outcome of ASMED I ever seen. Erdogan should visit you personally, apologize to you and bring you back your money + your costs

I don´t need his visit :)  But it is normal and ethical to return the money for a bad result. I read about one case of H&W when they personally visited their patient who had bad result, apologize to him and return him money. And he was 67 years old patient... This is not just about bad result and necessity of reoperation and about paying more money. This is also about limited donor area and limited possibilities of repair HT. Every day when I look in to the mirror I regret that I choosed Asmed and Dr. Erdogan for my HT... 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, miko said:

read about one case of H&W when they personally visited their patient who had bad result, apologize to him and return him money. And he was 67 years old patient.

H&W are two professionals besides being ethical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 6:08 PM, lapiduch said:

ASMED was my first choice for HT procedure. But I´ve changed my mind after reading about their attitude toward their clients (no communication, no responsibility for results, tergivesrations etc) They seem to be cheaters

I am not surprised. I was unlucky, when there was not a bad result of Asmed and Dr. Erdogan on this forum at the time of my decision in 2016. If I choose the clinic today, after seeing a lot of bad results of Asmed and after reading bad reviews about their attiude to their patients, I will never go there. Now I hope that some good HT surgeon will repair the damage that Asmed and Dr. Erdogan caused me. (lack density and wrong shape of hairline...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to thank you for you openness in posting this result. This will help people like me who were considering ASMED after seeing great results on their website. This is the second bad patient review I've seen for ASMED in the last week and the final nail in the coffin, I will not go there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Huncholiniin addition to the member @miko you must above all thank @Melvin-Moderatorand those who are above him, who do not cancel the reports of dissatisfied users for the benefit of the clinic, as happens in many forums, especially European ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Egy said:

@Huncholiniin addition to the member @miko you must above all thank @Melvin-Moderatorand those who are above him, who do not cancel the reports of dissatisfied users for the benefit of the clinic, as happens in many forums, especially European ones.

Of course! It's very valuable to have an objective patient review forum with integrity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Huncholini said:

Of course! It's very valuable to have an objective patient review forum with integrity!

Unfortunately there are few, HRN is perhaps the only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, free-speech and transparency is looked down in this industry, we're here to change that, as it's important to see the good and the bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 3:11 PM, Huncholini said:

I want to thank you for you openness in posting this result. This will help people like me who were considering ASMED after seeing great results on their website. This is the second bad patient review I've seen for ASMED in the last week and the final nail in the coffin, I will not go there.

You welcome. I wrote my story because I want to help hair transplant candidates by their decision about clinic. If I had seen such review about Asmed and Dr. Erdogan, their result and attitude to the patient according to the result before my choice of clinic, I would never go there. But I wasn´t so lucky. If you will search better, you will find out that on this forum is more like just two bad results. I am thinking about new topic on this forum, which will include and collect bad HT results of doctors and clinics from whole world to help HT candidates by their decision about clinic and also to help them to avoid doctors and clinics with bad results, or with unprofessional and unethical behavior to their patients. Now I am searching for bad results of Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Couto and HLC. These doctors and clinic I chose for my repair hair transplant... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 6:36 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Unfortunately, free-speech and transparency is looked down in this industry, we're here to change that, as it's important to see the good and the bad. 

Thank you. This is very important. Without access to truthful information HT candidates will not be able to make the right decision about doctors/clinics... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miko said:

 Now I am searching for bad results of Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Couto and HLC. These doctors and clinic I chose for my repair hair transplant... 

Please keep in mind: There a bad results (=poor growth) from any clinic in the world. If you rule them all out, you have nowhere to go. Of course technical mistakes (wrong angles, hairlines with thick multies, poor hairline micro/macro design etc.) are a no go.  

If you are a repair case (and suffering from poor growth) it is important, to rule out physiological issues IMO. Discuss this with your initial (maybe they have an internal rating of the procedure) and your new clinic. I recommend to have a small test procedure with your new clinic to check it is not your own body causing the issue. This gives you options to change something e.g. switching to strip or to another implantation method (forceps to implanter pen or vice versa). Donor resources are limited and more valuable then money or time in that matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Every clinic has better results and worse results. But I didn´t find any bad result of Dr. Couto, Dr. Lorenzo and HLC. Yes. I will discuss all possibilities with clinic. I want to go to the personal consultation to all three before my HT (Dr. Couto and Dr. Lorenzo require personal consulation in case of repair HT). But I don´t know if they will agree with small test procedure... Do you have some experience with it? Or someone else? Yes. You are right. Donor resources are limited and more valuable then money or time...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, miko said:

Yes. Every clinic has better results and worse results. But I didn´t find any bad result of Dr. Couto, Dr. Lorenzo and HLC. Yes. I will discuss all possibilities with clinic. I want to go to the personal consultation to all three before my HT (Dr. Couto and Dr. Lorenzo require personal consulation in case of repair HT). But I don´t know if they will agree with small test procedure... Do you have some experience with it? Or someone else? Yes. You are right. Donor resources are limited and more valuable then money or time...

Hlc made me a small test.

hope it can help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duchaine said:

Hlc made me a small test.

hope it can help!

what kind of test? what was the procedure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, miko said:

 But I didn´t find any bad result of Dr. Couto, Dr. Lorenzo and HLC. … But I don´t know if they will agree with small test procedure... Do you have some experience with it? Or someone else? Yes. You are right. Donor resources are limited and more valuable then money or time...

I had a small test procedure with Feriduni (400 FU) as seen by my signature. Bisanga and Lupanzula did not like the idea. I think it is a mixture of many things: Business case and risk vs. reward for the clinic. At the current situation maybe more clinics are having open spots and therefore are also more open to this idea. The best way is to simply contact the clinics you are looking for and have a personal consultation like you are planning anyway. Special topics like this are very difficult to discuss with a rep or by mail.

For Lorenzo and HLC (at alopezie.de) I have seen below average results, no butchering of course. But poor growth and some small issue like I have seen with any (!) clinic. They are great nevertheless. For Couto I have not seen many patient posted results. The very few I have seen look mostly good but not flawless either.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

I had a small test procedure with Feriduni (400 FU) as seen by my signature. Bisanga and Lupanzula did not like the idea. I think it is a mixture of many things: Business case and risk vs. reward for the clinic. At the current situation maybe more clinics are having open spots and therefore are also more open to this idea. The best way is to simply contact the clinics you are looking for and have a personal consultation like you are planning anyway. Special topics like this are very difficult to discuss with a rep or by mail.

For Lorenzo and HLC (at alopezie.de) I have seen below average results, no butchering of course. But poor growth and some small issue like I have seen with any (!) clinic. They are great nevertheless. For Couto I have not seen many patient posted results. The very few I have seen look mostly good but not flawless either.

 

 

If a patient gets poor growth, say 70% and require a touch up, is this considered a “repair?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2020 at 8:59 PM, duchaine said:

Hlc made me a small test.

hope it can help!

Please what kind of test? How did it go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 12:01 PM, miko said:

Please what kind of test? How did it go?

They extracted seven fu to see if my donor was ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 3:30 PM, duchaine said:

They extracted seven fu to see if my donor was ok!

Ok. I thought that they implant you some grafts to see if they will survive and if the density is ok. But this will be visible at first in half a year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I read the communication between some members ( @Portugal25 , @dust78 ,  @jonnyalex , @Egy  ,  @Coady  ,  @TrixGlendevon , @HTHope and some other guys) on GLHF @GLHF thread, which was (and still is) very quickly closed to further replies. After that I started to thinking about one thing. In 2016, when I started looking for HT surgeon I can´t find any bad result of Asmed and Dr. Erdogan on this HT forum (and few of others). Also Asmed sent me the list of HT forums where they have their results. They were sure that there was no bad result anywhere on these forums. In January 2017 I underwent my procedure with bad, unnatural result and lack density, which I have described in this thread. This was at the time when Asmed had 3 patients per day. Now I wonder if Asmed really didn't have a single bad result by the end of 2016, and my result is one of the first, or if all their bad results on this forum were deleted.

Edited by miko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, miko said:

After that I started to thinking about one thing. In 2016, when I started looking for HT surgeon I can´t find any bad result of Asmed and Dr. Erdogan on this HT forum (and few of others). 

Unfortunately, It is common practice that in many forums poor results are deleted (I am not saying they are deleted in here). However, this point about ASMED comes up time and time again. @LordBaldwin, did some statistics and the %-of failed results of ASMED did not change dramatically over times. It is a statistic based on poor sample size and it is highly subjective as well, but it is by far the best we have. Anyway, there is no clinic without poor results, and with the amount of results from ASMED being published it is not possible that there have been no poor results before 2016. 

In my opinion the discussion should be: Are ASMED results in general to often subpar or are HT in general more often subpar?

Edited by Gasthoerer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@miko You could go to the best doctor in the world and end up having bad growth/yield for unknown reasons, it's rare but it's a possibility, however unnatural hairline and wrong angulation of grafts etc obviously a mistake from the techs. I am not the biggest fan of Asmed but he does still produce decent results especially for guys who have extreme hair loss. There are better options out there, HLC in my opinion in the best clinic in Turkey and are far better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

 however unnatural hairline and wrong angulation of grafts etc obviously a mistake from the techs.

Hairline design (makro and mikro design) as well as slits (defining angulation) are typically done by Erdogan or one of his associated surgeons not by his techs. 

Techs can only put large multies instead of singles into the front or have the curvature of the grafts wrong. 

HLC is a good clinic, but just like you said: No clinic can guarantee growth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@miko I highly doubt HRN is deleting bad results threads for their affiliated Doctors. 

You said you went to ASMED at a time when they were doing 3 patients per day and several members claim ASMED is now doing 8 patients per day which makes it impossible for the Doctor to coordinate all of them. 

I believe greed might have taken over quality and this is the reason why today they are getting chunk load of money from 8 HT per day and have a higher rate of bad results. 

Edited by Portugal25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 2:58 PM, Gasthoerer said:

Unfortunately, It is common practice that in many forums poor results are deleted (I am not saying they are deleted in here). However, this point about ASMED comes up time and time again. @LordBaldwin, did some statistics and the %-of failed results of ASMED did not change dramatically over times. It is a statistic based on poor sample size and it is highly subjective as well, but it is by far the best we have. Anyway, there is no clinic without poor results, and with the amount of results from ASMED being published it is not possible that there have been no poor results before 2016. 

In my opinion the discussion should be: Are ASMED results in general to often subpar or are HT in general more often subpar?

I think both. There are more and more clinics, doing hair transplants "on knee". But also since my HT I have seen more and more bad resulzs of Asmed.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×