Hair Transplants Are Not Perfect!

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Sijac09 said:

Very true post. I think a lot of people including me at the start thought I’d be coming out with the perfect hairline, but you do need to be realistic. As long as it’s a good improvement from the before photo, that’s the main thing for me

Exactly, i'm glad my post could help, that is how everyone who wants a hair transplant should view it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 10:27 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

hi Melvin , 

thanks for sharing , your hair transplanted literally gained my confidence . following you on YouTube, and waiting for more updated and posts.

have a great day .

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 1:55 AM, Craig2412 said:

Great advice. Hair transplantation has changed my life for the better too, the best thing I’ve ever done. As much as I’m really happy with my result, it’s not perfect and in different lighting conditions can look stronger and weaker.

B9238FEF-D525-4548-844A-6A4F01BFBBC9.jpeg

36CD30CF-2E38-47C0-A1BE-41405262095E.jpeg

F537293E-8520-4E45-A0FA-E07485EE3EC6.jpeg

hi, 

I would said this is perfect result and amazing. its totally proved HT is work.  you found a good surgeon for sure. :} indeed, your looks more confidence and stunning . 

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, dyno said:

hi Melvin , 

thanks for sharing , your hair transplanted literally gained my confidence . following you on YouTube, and waiting for more updated and posts.

have a great day .

I’m glad you registered here, you’ll find it’s an excellent community.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hair transplants may not be all perfect, but some will die for results like that- me included.  The results do mot really wreak hair transplant to many eyes, nor give a strong impressionS that a person now needs work done.  Clearly, these are still successes.  But i do think it would be risky to find more perfection as it may cause more harm then good-  lots of docs will take your money for these risky next steps and make it seems they will deliver but that is far from truth.  

i am glad you guys looks good and clearly, this is a DISTINCT positive change from previous till now.  

best of luck going forward to you guys

12 hours ago, dyno said:

hi, 

I would said this is perfect result and amazing. its totally proved HT is work.  you found a good surgeon for sure. :} indeed, your looks more confidence and stunning . 

Thank you, I really appreciate your kind words. And yes the confidence a hair transplant gives you is actually priceless, i found it really gave me motivation in many aspects of my life 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 7:55 PM, Craig2412 said:

Great advice. Hair transplantation has changed my life for the better too, the best thing I’ve ever done. As much as I’m really happy with my result, it’s not perfect and in different lighting conditions can look stronger and weaker.

This is a fantastic example to show how lighting can change the look of density! It looks like two totally different hairlines!!

Great thread this. Hair transplants certainly will never give you the perfect head of hair, though can achieve great results still 👍

Edited by HairFunk
  • Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, HairFunk said:

This is a fantastic example to show how lighting can change the look of density! It looks like two totally different hairlines!!

Great thread this. Hair transplants certainly will never give you the perfect head of hair, though can achieve great results still 👍

That's the goal of this thread, i'm glad you guys are finding the benefit.

View my thread

• Moderators

Even natural full heads of hair can look like they have thin areas in certain lighting or when the person is facing certain angles. We just don't really notice it because we're not paying so much attention and staring at someone's hair for long periods of time unless you're looking at hair transplants results.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

16 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I have this problem all the time. Indoor photos of my hair look great but when I see photos of my hair in bright light / or sunlight on my friends Instas I sigh ! I think I'm the only one who really notices tho 🤔

• Administrators
8 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Even natural full heads of hair can look like they have thin areas in certain lighting or when the person is facing certain angles. We just don't really notice it because we're not paying so much attention and staring at someone's hair for long periods of time unless you're looking at hair transplants results.

That’s true, I’ve noticed when hair is short, even children can look like they’re balding. If light reflects off the scalp, it will look like you’re thinning. That’s why it’s important to layer your hair to block the light from reflecting. That’s the “illusion” of density 101 lol. 

View my thread

On 5/8/2020 at 8:41 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

More people should see this thread! A lot of people think they're going to have a perfect full head of hair again after a hair transplant. Education is key 👍

Myself included in this. 
https://imgur.com/a/nrRzoCQ

Even after my second pass I found myself on the fence. I used to think only in bad lights it looks a little off but how often am I in those situations??? Right? Then I realized I am bad lighting more often than not. In every Walmart, Sam’s club and so forth. Then if someone was shorter than me I sometimes notice their eyes glancing upwards and I knew it was the “see through of my hairline”. 
I know not all people can get a third pass but honestly it was the best decision I ever made. Now I can’t even mimic those situations ( and trust me I try too!) finally not afraid of harsh lights!!

39 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

Myself included in this. 
https://imgur.com/a/nrRzoCQ

Even after my second pass I found myself on the fence. I used to think only in bad lights it looks a little off but how often am I in those situations??? Right? Then I realized I am bad lighting more often than not. In every Walmart, Sam’s club and so forth. Then if someone was shorter than me I sometimes notice their eyes glancing upwards and I knew it was the “see through of my hairline”. 
I know not all people can get a third pass but honestly it was the best decision I ever made. Now I can’t even mimic those situations ( and trust me I try too!) finally not afraid of harsh lights!!

After how many procedures are those pics from?

1 minute ago, HTHope said:

After how many procedures are those pics from?

Those were after my second procedure.  Now don’t get me wrong in my car or house without that harsh lights it looked fine. 

1 minute ago, Guy73 said:

Those were after my second procedure.  Now don’t get me wrong in my car or house without that harsh lights it looked fine. 

Thanks bro. So that’s after a density of 70 grafts/cm roughly? Even after your second  procedure you could notice eyes glancing at your hair?

Just now, HTHope said:

Thanks bro. So that’s after a density of 70 grafts/cm roughly? Even after your second  procedure you could notice eyes glancing at your hair?

Well I have thin hair and light hair not the greatest combo. But honestly for anyone that has had a procedure I am sure walking into bathrooms with harsh lights they probably have some “ see through” it all depends whats acceptable to you. Other people can see what you see. Also it all depends on how you style your hair. Obviously straight up is going to be more noticeable like the pictures I had shown. 

On 4/10/2020 at 1:55 PM, Craig2412 said:

This looks amazing to me.  I wish mine was at least like this.  Looks natural.  Even outside still looks natural.  Nice look overall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

This looks amazing to me.  I wish mine was at least like this.  Looks natural.  Even outside still looks natural.  Nice look overall.

Yes mine was similar to yours after my second. I just wanted it to look like you last picture all the time. Lol, I would be happy either way. I was nervous about doing a third pass in front thinking I could screw it up! Always a chance of damaging existing trying to get it closer. Lucky for me it turned out great!

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Thanks man, all three are outside but the first 2 are under direct sun light. Not one person has ever suspected I’ve had a transplant who didn’t know me before. 

On 5/8/2020 at 12:03 PM, HairFunk said:

Your hair does look awesome and your right about it can look different. I think Melvin is right on transplants are not perfect but it meant to mimic our real density. 

Prime example of what Melvin is talking about on this post. All pictures were taken around the same time in different situations. I think the ones that looked the worse were in a “polo store” dressing room and only at certain angles which I positioned myself to take the picture  😂. Yes this was even after my second procedure. Honestly even after my third I would say the big difference is not in natural lighting it’s all in the those poor overhead lights now it’s not a issue no matter what light I am in. Hopes this helps anyone who thinks their hairline is not perfect. 
https://imgur.com/a/dPWUJQm

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Excellent post, you got 10/10 results, great illustration how lighting, hairstyles, etc can have an impact on the appearance of density. 

On 4/10/2020 at 10:55 AM, Craig2412 said:

I would be DELIGHTED to have a hairline like this but two questions - 

- A lot of 'after' pics I see have a slightly red hue at the base of the hairline, your pics are a good example of this. Is this a hair transplant thing or more to do with just general lighting?

- Also a lot of people, if not the vast majority, have their hair brushed / gelled back in their after pics, few have a fringe brushed forward. Is this personal preference or is it easier to rebuild a hairline in that way? 

So glad I found this site btw, so much great information to consume! 

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Bumping for relevance. Hair transplants are not perfect, and if you’re chasing perfection with surgery, you’ll be disappointed. 

View my thread

Great post. While you have an excellent result @Melvin-Moderator, transplants need to give a great “illusion” of density. The challenge is to try and convey this in the consultation as a doctor and accepting those clients that have realistic expectations and no red flags regarding unrealistic expectations or outcomes. 
Unfortunately, the marketing scams that some practices employ gives people the impression that hair will be restored like teenage years. A really big problem! 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram