Do eyes get really swollen from anesthesia after surgery?

Can anyone with experience or knowledge give me some info on how swollen to expect my eyes to get after an FUE procedure? Anyone have pictures? I need to get back to work selling within a few days of surgery. 

Thanks in advance.  

• Moderators

Swelling usually starts a day or two after surgery and lasts for 2 to 3 days. Some people get it bad and others hardly get any swelling at all.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I had FUE, and didn't experience any swelling.  People sure experience a wide variety of reactions.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

The more injections then the more chance of swelling as the fluid drops. Sleep upright for the first few nights with a good travel pillow, apply an ice pack to the forehead for 5 to 10 mins at a time, drink plenty of fluid and massage also the swelling from the glabella (ridge of nose area) from the centre to the sides so then help direct the swelling around the eyes. All this will help you a lot but don't be afraid if you do get some black eyes manifest, it is part of the post surgery for some and will pass in a few days.

Edited by sl

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I ended up having lots of injections as the anaesthetic kept wearing off, And both my eyes swole completely shut.  It was pretty horrible to wake up In the morning pretty much blind. But wore off over a couple of days.  It looked brutal. 6A20C72F-E55E-4C71-90A7-ECEF0CA18B52.thumb.jpeg.a3186eeec9d66544f12b59a6080d1ee3.jpeg