Advice on fixing this HT

hair

Hi, in 2015 I had a FUE HT with ~1500 grafts fo rthe frontal area in a clinic in E.Europe.

The results you can see in the pictures but are far from perfect, main issue is the lack of density and that I did not use Fin for a year and the non HT hair continued to recede a bit. Now am on fin and it has regrown, but there is still a small gap.

I use Toppik to cover it up everyday and I think it looks passable, but I am getting tired of having to rely on it and constantly worrying that it looks weird, especially after swimming or sports, or in bright light from above.

I plan on doing another HT very soon to fix these issues. Probably in the next few weeks because of the opportunity COVID has given to stay and work from home for next couple of months.

I will have a consultation with the clinic next week, can you please take a look with your experience and advise on what to focus on and what could be done to improve the situation?

Thanks!

IMG_9195.JPG

IMG_9341.jpg

IMG_9348.jpg

20200408_022333.jpg

20200408_023708.jpg

20200408_112408.jpg

20200408_112505.jpg

20200408_114008.jpg

20200408_114016.jpg

20200408_130359.jpg

20200408_114350.jpg

• Administrators

I can see your concerns, I think you are way overdoing the Toppik on the hairline, you can see it looks to chunky and not natural. I've made a tutorial on how to apply toppik on the hairline. That said, now is the perfect time to submit online consultations, most if not all surgeons are offering free virtual consultations. I would say you need your entire frontal third rebuilt.

Where do you live? Below is a link where you can submit your photos, I suggest consulting with as many doctors as possible. I would also encourage you to check out surgeon reviews section of the forum, to see what doctors impress you, remember non-biased patient reviews are the most important.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

By the way, those pump spray applicators you attach on top of the toppik cylinder can be found on amazon or even local drug stores like CVS.  You can use the pressure softly for the front so it does not cake on too much.  In the sun it will look unnatural.  In nightime and medium to low lit settings it looks ok.  Aside from that if you have oily scalp it can cause cracks in the powder and water can make it run down.  That’s especially true if it is applied in excess.