Need help

Hello,

I am a 30 years old patient. Already 2 hair transplantation that no work at all. First in 2008 at age of 18 (young and stupid boy) a FUT by a catastrophic practician. He ruined my life with a big scars and a bad result. From this time, my life will be never the same. A second FUE in 2014 with Devroye. He tried to correct my scar but not a  good result. But he had warned me before that the result would no be optimal. Devroye also make a little FUE to try to correct the work of the first butcher. But today, at 30 years old, the baldness has almost win. I would like to shave my head but impossible with the scars. I hesitate to do another and last FUE and maybe try BHT in the scar. I don't know if the donor area is still optimal. It is the last chance of my life because I had very dark ideas because of this shit. What do you think ? I don't want a linear front line but a V like I have now. Just a densification work. It would demand less extract FUE.

Note that I try a SMP treatment.

thumbnail_IMG_6080.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6079.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6068.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6066.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6063.png

thumbnail_IMG_6061.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6056.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6046.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6040.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6039.jpg

I’m sorry to hear about what you’ve gone thru. Have you looked into fraxel laser resurfacing and vbeam laser therapy for the scar? Doing those to improve the scar will allow the smp to work a lot better. 

• Administrators

What are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to cover the scar or get more hair? I would recommend consulting with Hasson and Wong to remove the first strip and use hair from that strip to camouflage the top. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

From your last sentence it sounds like you want to try and add more density to the front and maybe try to keep a short hairstyle?

in that case I would consult with some of the top names to get an idea of what your donor capacity is and express your goals. If you have enough, I would go and do fue to rebuild the frontal third at the minimum. I would also save some grafts or bht from

beard to try and fill in the fut scar. You can also try smp for the fut but make sure to give it some time as I’ve heard sometimes it doesn’t hold as long in fut scars. You could also add smp to the top once you implant the max number of grafts you have.

treatment with finasteride could likely help you With retaining your native hair so this is important 

please dont rush into anything and take your time in deciding what to do. Good luck and ask as many Questions as you can.

Really appreciate your answer and your help. Yes i would like to try to add a little more density on the top to keep short hairstyle. But the most important is the scar behind. I will try FUE or BHT there first of all if it is possible. It is the best solution i think. But i don’t know if donor area will be enough. And don’t find people who did that. I contact the top doc in Belgium and see what they will say. If you have any advice for the choice of surgeon

@Said sorry to hear of your terrible experience.  What @LonelyGraft mentioned with beard grafts to disguise the scar would be worth looking into.

Furthermore you could also consider using beard grafts for your mid scalp back . With due respect your doner does not look the strongest , so beard hair would be the way to go in my opinion . 

I had beard grafts implanted in the mid scalp and they are thicker than regular scalp hair,  and a very good option to have.  I had my HT @ EUGENIX  you can see my thread posted on the home page under ;

results posted by patients.

Then....

Experience of an Irishman after 6 years researching....

All the best

Paddy

Edited by paddyirishman
Missing word
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Your goal is definitely achievable. BHT may help disguise the scars. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yes the most important first is to disguise the scars. Hope that beard and maybe a little FUE could do that. The problem is that i didn’t see lot of testimony about that. So what doctor ? I am from Belgium so i will contact top doc from here and i will see. 

• Administrators
Just now, Said said:

Yes the most important first is to disguise the scars. Hope that beard and maybe a little FUE could do that. The problem is that i didn’t see lot of testimony about that. So what doctor ? I am from Belgium so i will contact top doc from here and i will see. 

If you’re in belgium, definitely consult with Dr. Bisanga, Feriduni, Devroye just to name a few.

View my thread

• Administrators
3 hours ago, 83mjs said:

How can you recommend Devroye after the way he treated @transplantedphil

Every surgeon has bad cases, literally every surgeon. 

View my thread

Just received a mail from Hasson and Wong. 
Dr. Wong has reviewed your case and feels you are a candidate for FUE into the scar only. Your final pattern of loss is aggressive and your donor reserves are limited. You also have some retro grade type loss pattern which further limits the total number of grafts available in the donor area. It would not be in your best interest in his opinion to have a procedure. The amount of areas that could be covered with the present donor supply would not provide enough cosmetic benefit to warrant surgery. Your best bet is likely to wait until such time technology has advanced enough to make you a viable candidate.  For FUE into the scar, he estimates something in the 400 graft range may be required and possible. While we can’t make it disappear, the goal will be to soften the linear scar by strategically placing the necessary amount of grafts in and around it to reduce it’s impact on your appearance. He also feels some removal of the previous grafts may be a good option also to create a more normal looking balding pattern.

• Administrators

That sucks to hear, but definitely get more than one opinion.

View my thread