Jump to content

Results - 3200 FUT into front third with Scott Alexander


Recommended Posts

Five months in.  Good progress in the last month as it is thickening up and growing longer. I haven't cut the top in two months now. The back and sides are cut at a 2.5 guard. I can still see the scar in photos with bathroom light on, but in normal light it's almost undetectable.

Still doing Rogaine and off finasteride for now. We'll see how things go for the next month, but I think I'll want one more surgery to add a bit to the temples and front and to fill in the crown.

 

 

front_150days.jpg

top_150days.jpg

left_150days.jpg

right_150days.jpg

back_150days.jpg

crown_150days.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah! Looks like you got great yield! It's filling in very evenly in the frontal third, even just at 5 months.  I will encourage to try to get back on Fin if you can.  As a NW6 you want to make sure that you maintain your lateral humps, those could easily recede and leave you with an extremely large bald area that will be impossible to cover with HT's.  It'll also keep your donor hair healthy and strong. Happy growing, everything is looking really good as of now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2020 at 5:44 PM, aaron1234 said:

Oh yeah! Looks like you got great yield! It's filling in very evenly in the frontal third, even just at 5 months.  I will encourage to try to get back on Fin if you can.  As a NW6 you want to make sure that you maintain your lateral humps, those could easily recede and leave you with an extremely large bald area that will be impossible to cover with HT's.  It'll also keep your donor hair healthy and strong. Happy growing, everything is looking really good as of now!

Thank you aaron1234! I'm working my way onto medication for anxiety and then I'll start back on fin. What have you learned/heard about stabilization of hair loss? I kept my head shaved for so long I am unsure if I'm still losing.

I assume I am still, but I was surprised at how much hair was left on top once it grew out again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just go by what I see.  I sectioned off the bottom of your crown and it's clear that within this area the hairs are miniaturized and without medication will eventually be bald.  It could recede even lower than what I indicated as I see thin spots in your donor.  Even with medication, you might still lose that hair.  But the only fighting chance the hair in that area has is if you stay on fin.  Even if you do half the dosage, or alternate days, that's better than nothing.  

crown_150days.png.aa4c981dabc82343a69904bf09c54e16.png.249fdddc6d3fd1ae5c88358cf194474c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaron1234 said:

I just go by what I see.  I sectioned off the bottom of your crown and it's clear that within this area the hairs are miniaturized and without medication will eventually be bald.  It could recede even lower than what I indicated as I see thin spots in your donor.  Even with medication, you might still lose that hair.  But the only fighting chance the hair in that area has is if you stay on fin.  Even if you do half the dosage, or alternate days, that's better than nothing.  

 

You see my worries very well. I realized after the surgery how bad my donor area is. There is absolutely thinning in the back and there weren't a lot of non-single grafts on the first surgery.

I've considered going the SMP route after assessing where I'm at in a year or two. I do have a good head shape and a quality SMP place where I live.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, baldforalongtime said:

I've considered going the SMP route after assessing where I'm at in a year or two. I do have a good head shape and a quality SMP place where I live.

It's great to have that option in the end.  But there is no equal to hair, especially native hair.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...