Nioxin Products for Hair Thickening ?

Does anyone have any experience with Nioxin Products ? There is this one product that Nioxin is selling and on its website it says it is used for Thickening of Hair ! I was intrigued with it, my feeling is cannot be any magic formula other than Minoxdil. Any actual users who can share their feedback here ?

https://www.nioxin.com/en-US/hair-loss-products/system-kit-1

Thanks 

The claims of hair thickening is probably more related to the thickening of hair shaft diameter, not density.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

56 minutes ago, Sean said:

Nioxin is a decent shampoo.  It increases shaft diameter but does not regrow hairs. Takes 3-4 uses to see it build up.   Also keeps scalp feeling fresh.  

But they dont sell only Shampoo it is a 3 Tier Treatment Program that they have. Do you know anything about this System-1 product line that they have ?

System 1 cleanser and conditioner is best for noticeably thinning hair.  It’s one ive used and has helped in some cases.  Also, the shampoo doesn’t seem to leave scalp oily as some other shampoos may do.  Remember, the Oily the shampoo is, the thinner it will make your hair look, esp if you are thinning hair and losing hair already.  

If you have very very mild thinning then you move to nioxin system 2.  

Both are good, you can alternate in between them.  

remember, you should not use same shampoo for weeks, your hair gets used to it.  Definitely, it is good to alternate different shampoos in between.  Best of luck

Id wait till the area heals a bit.  Some doctors have patients use dilated baby shampoos for 2-3 months after hair transplant.  Then afterwards other shampoos.  In order for nioxin to actually look effective, some of your hair has to be grown out already.  You need at least 1.5 to 2 inchs of hair to see how it adds a thickening effect to it.  It would be pointless to waste it on a shaved head or buzzed head.  

• Administrators

You’re better off buying a concealer like Caboki or dermmatch

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.