Hi-,

Request suggestions to my below concerns post getting full results (after 1+ year) of HT surgery 

Concerns:

> Visible patch in front
> Visible thick scar at back
> Disturbed/Patchy Hair Line after two surgeries
> Uneven Hair Distribution on the Right/Left Temples 

@Melvin - I've sent you a personal message, mentioned all the details of surgery, request your help & attention to my concerns.

Front Hair Patch1.jpg

Scar1.jpg

scar2.jpg

Temple Hair Patch1.jpg

On 4/7/2020 at 7:26 AM, LonelyGraft said:

Possibly a scar revision with grafts added in the needed areas? I’m no expert on repair work. Who was the surgeon?

@LonelyGraft - Thanks for the reply. Appreciate your support.

I discussed these concerns with my surgeon, pls find below the details:

> For Frontal-Patch, he's sayin that sometimes due to press hair don't come out properly, firstly suggested to wait until full growth and then suggested to hide patch with different hair-style. Surprisingly after initial & then another (both chargeable)surgeries, he couldn't fix the patch
> For Strip Scar, he mentioned that sometimes the strip area stretches, leaving visible scar, mentioned in future whenever I plan for nxt surgergy he'll see, did SMP at scar area that lasted until few hair washes
> For Shallow side templates, he mentioned that purposely he added less graft on right temple b/c with side partition hair falls from left to right, difficult to understand why one temple would have shallow-lining, making baldness on temple visible.

@LonelyGraft - I've sent you a personal message, mentioning the details of surgery, it'll helpful if you could check & provide few suggestions. Surgeon is recommended on this forum, so I've requested Moderator Melvin, to have a closer look at my concerns.

@Melvin - Request to have a look into the details I've shared with you. Also, let me knw if you need any further details. Looking forward to hearing from you soon...

Edited by akc

@LonelyGraft - Realized you've disabled the personal message feature, suggest alternative way to share surgery & surgeon details..

Edited by akc

• Administrators

The scar does look like it stretched, you can either transplant beard hair in to the scar or have SMP. I don't think it's anything out of the norm, stretched scars can happen, despite the surgeons best efforts. As for the circular patch, can you share some pictures before you had surgery and post-op? It's hard to say without having all of the information, for example how many grafts did you have, what areas were restored etc.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The scar does look like it stretched, you can either transplant beard hair in to the scar or have SMP. I don't think it's anything out of the norm, stretched scars can happen, despite the surgeons best efforts. As for the circular patch, can you share some pictures before you had surgery and post-op? It's hard to say without having all of the information, for example how many grafts did you have, what areas were restored etc.

Hi Melvin,

First of all thank you for looking into my concern. I truly appreciate your time & suggestions.

For your detailed understanding, I'm enclosing surgery details with pre/post operation pictures:

> Total Surgeries - 2 (Same Surgeon)
> First Surgery Details:
   Type - Strip (FUT)
   Grafts - 4,200
   Distribution: a) Front & temples - 2,700 Grafts
                 b) Crown - 1,500 Grafts
> Second Surgery (Was more of a revision due to Frontal Visible Patch & shallow temples (especially right one), had uneven/patchy hairline, patches were making the transplanted grafts/work visible/noticable)
   Type - Strip (FUT)
   Grafts - 1,200 t0 1,500 (Front & temples)

Concerns:

a) Visible Frontal Patch - Understand it's difficult to get high density with transplanted hair, but if you closely check the front circular patch, you'll see that right in the middle, hair are missing, making the patch visible. Post first surgery surgeon mentioned that patch could be b/c of some press that restricted hair to come out, asked to go-for second surgery (chargeable) for rework of front and side temple patch. After 1+ year of my second surgery today results have deteriorated. Pls have a look at the picturs.

> Shallow side temples - Right & left temples that were reconstructed by lowering down the hair line are shallow. Again understand, difficult to achieve density, but if you closely look at side temple picture, you'll see another patch (without hair) at the end of right temple.

Surgeon recommended second surgery to fill both of these patches, but post surgery, instead of noticing any improvement, visiblility of these patches have increased.

> Visible Scar - Understand & respect that despite surgeon's efforts sometimes scars are stretched, however, in my case:

a) the scar is stretched both in thickness & length, making the strip area visible even after dense/long hairs at back
b) the scar still has redness & itchiness even after 1+ year of surgery
c) could feel sensation/slight pain at the strip area at times

I mentioned all these concerns to the surgeon, initially he suggested a cream to reduce scar visibility, later when post few months it remained same, he suggested for SMP, which he did, but that lasted for few days & faded with wash. Pictures were clicked post SMP, do you see traces of SMP anywhere on this scar.

Melvin, request to pls look into these concerns, I've been following up with my surgeon on these concerns for months now, but he's unresponsive, & suggesting another surgery.

Scar1.jpg

Frontal.jpg

Patch1 1& 2.jpg

Patch2.jpg

Visible Patch1.jpg

Visible Scar.jpg

Visible Scar2.jpg

• 1 month later...