Restoring a NW1 - Newbie question

Hey, I'm new here.

I started taking finasteride a month ago. I'm also on a bunch of other things for hairloss. 

I would say currently I'm a NW2 but my temple points are set WAAAAY too back which REALLY bothers me a lot. 

So that's why, I'm 23, at the age of 25 I'm going to get a hair transplant to restore a NW1 straight-across hairline.

My question:

Is it possible to only restore the NW1 position of the temple points instead of also lowering the hairline thus decreasing the size of the forehead?

I'm attaching a picture to explain what I'm trying to ask and achieve.

My hair's wet in the picture, when dry or styled it's really dense so my only issue is the receeded temples, no diffuse thinning

Edit:

I meant obviously only bringing the temple points forward into a NW1 position, not all the way down to the eyebrows, that'd be impossible lol

I'm trying to achieve a square hairline basically

question.jpg

Edited by Drugs110

• Moderators

Your temple points look fine to me, but it's hard to tell without a side view. The line where you want to bring them forward is way too much in any case. I think the issue is that you have a high hairline although it doesn't look too bad right now. I'd wait a while and see where it goes. You definitely don't want to lower it too much or bring the temples forward too far because you are young and have to many years to go with possible future hair loss issues to do something stupid now.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

You're young, right now this bothers you, but trust me in 10 years it wont. If you can preserve what you have right now, there will be no reason to get surgery. Stick with the meds, and way down the line, when the meds start to lose ground, then consider a hair transplant.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

45 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Your temple points look fine to me, but it's hard to tell without a side view. The line where you want to bring them forward is way too much in any case. I think the issue is that you have a high hairline although it doesn't look too bad right now. I'd wait a while and see where it goes. You definitely don't want to lower it too much or bring the temples forward too far because you are young and have to many years to go with possible future hair loss issues to do something stupid now.

20191203_105812.jpg

20191203_105829.jpg

Did you ever had "square" haurline? Not everyone has one, majority of Caucasians have semi-round hairline very similar to yours (maybe a bit lower on the temples).
When I was talking to my surgeon he immediately said "I didn't see your pictures from the past, but I'm almost sure you never had straight hairline. It's just doesn't look right".

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

If you were 35-40 a doctor might be persuaded to lower the hairline 1cm, but as things stand: no chance.

You basically have a hairline where doctors would start if you were restoring from a fairly advanced pattern, say NW4+.

At 25 they would probably agree to fill in those weak areas near the corners, but that's about it.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

2 hours ago, Rolandas said:

Did you ever had "square" haurline? Not everyone has one, majority of Caucasians have semi-round hairline very similar to yours (maybe a bit lower on the temples).
When I was talking to my surgeon he immediately said "I didn't see your pictures from the past, but I'm almost sure you never had straight hairline. It's just doesn't look right".

Yes I believe I used to have a square one until MPB started

Your temple points are fine. If they were really receded it would be a straight line up from the most anterior position of your sideburns up to your temporal parietal angle. You clearly have advancement in the temple point area. Any honest and trustworthy surgeon wouldn't come near your illustration as it's just not natural at all for Caucasian men. The hairline might seem slightly high to you but this will suit you well as you age into your 30's and 40's. Stick with the meds and don’t do anything right now. Here's a picture of truly receded temple points and what a well thought out restoration looks like. 

hair-transplantation-result-right-169474.jpg

Edited by ruca2
Added photo of temple point recession
  • Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

As others have said Caucasians in particular don't have set hairlines. Your Temple points (Side triangles) are fine and you would have to see the very best surgeons to even try and attempt replicating temple points. 

Essentially you have a broad face shape, which is why you consider than your temple points look off. Now your hairline may be a little high (To me it looks fine)however without a full face picture we couldn't definitively tell. 

The only option you have is lowering your hairline and you have the right hair colour to get a decent result, thought its doubtful any ethical surgeon would consider it.

Your hair looks really good to me, I think a lot of us on here would be happy with what you have, might consider a different hairstyle.

Edited by Badhairman1