Will 2000 grafts be enough?

2000 grafts Should be, but this will be based on types of grafts extracted (1 hair, 2 hair, 3 hair etc) and your hair texture.  remember be careful with wreckless density planting- that is more of an issue.  Some areas doctor may need to use higher density in other parts of that zone because you have native hair in between.  If he uses too high of a density it can cause an issue or cAuse permanent shockloss.  Best of luck with everything 

@Mhlor

A head down shot would be very useful to more accurately understand how far back your loss is?

Also an idea of what hair line design your are looking to achieve. Depending on your age, medications, density etc.... will influence the most appropriate approach and hairline design. A simple change in design can make a significant difference to your required graft count.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Are you trying to reinforce the hairline or lower it? Do you mind posting a picture with your head down?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

These latest photos seem to show a slightly better situation.

How old are you? Are you using any hair loss preventative medicine?

You would ideally like to reinforce your hairline and frontal third without lowering your hairline at all?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

12 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

These latest photos seem to show a slightly better situation.

How old are you? Are you using any hair loss preventative medicine?

You would ideally like to reinforce your hairline and frontal third without lowering your hairline at all?

I'm 29 turning 30 in a few months. Yesterday marked the first day I started taking topical fin and min. In two months, scheduled for transplant for 2000 grafts. I never thought my hair was this bad until i moved to my new apartment about 3 months ago. The bright bathroom lights really exposed my hair loss after showers and made me freak out a bit. I really just want to reinforce my hairline. My forehead has always been big growing up. 

• Administrators

Given the fact that you're not trying to lower your hairline. 2,000 grafts should suffice, now is the perfect time to submit consultations, they are free due to the pandemic. I would suggest to submit as many as possible.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Mhlor said:

Trying to reinforce my hairline. Here are more pictures. Sorry, hair is kinda long and pics are blurry.

20200403_110941.jpg

20200403_111031.jpg

Excellent pics to show it more.  I was in a very similar situation to your hairloss pattern when i started this journey.  Be safe and best of luck with everything

You really don't need 2,000 grafts to look restored as long as you do not lower your hairline.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

3 minutes ago, gillenator said:

You really don't need 2,000 grafts to look restored as long as you do not lower your hairline.

Concur, definitely could be less based on density extracted.  

Mhlor,

What level of grafted density did your surgeon propose?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi Mhlor

imho you should wait and see what kind of results you get from minoxidil and finasteride.           The medication could thicken the thin miniaturised hair and you may not need to undergo surgery right away.  The longer you wait the better. Besides it gives you time to research and plan. 1500-2000 graft is a good number if you're not lowering your hairline. 

Just to let you know that  planting grafts so close,  in and around your  native thinning hair could cause that hair to go into shock loss which may not grow back.

Edited by Niko1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Niko1 said:

Hi Mhlor

imho you should wait and see what kind of results you get from minoxidil and finasteride.           The medication could thicken the thin miniaturised hair and you may not need to undergo surgery right away.  The longer you wait the better. Besides it gives you time to research and plan. 1500-2000 graft is a good number if you're not lowering your hairline. 

Just to let you know that  planting grafts so close,  in and around your  native thinning hair could cause that hair to go into shock loss which may not grow back.

I hope I dont suffer any shock loss. I brought it up to the surgeon in the phone consultation and all he said was "theres not much to lose". Ill bring it up again on surgery day. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, Niko1 said:

Hi Mhlor

I actually see regrowth just a bit over 2 months use of topical fin and min. My hair transplant date is in one week. Im so nervous. 

2 month results.jpg

after 2 (2).jpg