Female Hair Transplants Should Be More Popular

• Administrators

I was recommended this video on YouTube, something called 'hairline check', the amount of women with super high hairlines is surprising. Some of these hairlines are as high as Benjamin Franklin- this got me thinking, hair transplants in women should be more popular. The majority of these girls would benefit from a good hair transplant. Also, I just wanna say in no way am I trying to be disparaging or make fun of these girls in any way, just feel like surgical hair restoration should be more popular with women. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 3.35.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 3.34.33 PM.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think it will start to be more of a thing in the near future for women to do. Wigs have been so popular for years that I feel like now with how advanced the practice has been for men, that women will become more curious as well. Granted I think with wigs or having a multitude of hair style to cover a receding hairline is a huge benefit for them to have. It's something I feel like won't be left off the table. There just needs to be more marketing and ads of women, encouraging other women to undergo the surgery.

• Moderators

Maybe they spent so much money on their boob jobs that they don't have any left over for their hair.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

I think the cost would be relatively low for women, as they would benefit from FUT over FUE. Women would only need a small number of grafts, in comparison to men. The two examples I posted above could probably lower their naturally high hairlines 2 cm with around 2,000 grafts. I agree with Bismarck, if women knew they could benefit from surgery they would do it. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Moderators

I think most women prefer to go with weaves and wigs because it's cheaper, no surgery, and they can change their length, style, and color any time they want. I know a couple of women who wear different wigs all the time. One of them has really thin hair and could definitely use a hair transplant, but I don't know if she'd be happier with the transplant or not because she's gotten to like the idea of wearing a different wig depending on her mood or her outfit that day.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 10 months later...
  • Administrators
On 2/13/2021 at 6:11 AM, zakaria.sabbahi said:

i think most woemn dont do it cus they dont accept the idea of shaving the back of the head for extracting 

They don’t have to shave with FUT, which is what they should be getting anyway.

View my thread

It depends on whether this is the result of actual hair loss or just a naturally high hairline.

Women often show signs of diffuse loss, even in areas of the donor that are considered safe for men on average. Hair loss in the frontal area alone for women might also be indicative of a scarring alopecia, which can be problematic for transplants. Women who otherwise have no hair loss are probably less likely to be satisfied with the density a transplant provides, particularly because many transplants don't look as good at a longer length. The longer hair weighs more, and with less than natural density, it's more likely to lack volume and appear "flat."

As a final point, I don't think a woman with a higher hairline would be subject to the same level of social shaming that a man with a receding hairline would be. I'm sure they will suffer some mockery in their lives, but I don't think it's really comparable. Envision a 20 year old man and a 20 year old woman, both with this same hairline and both otherwise reasonably attractive. Which one has better prospects socially?