1090 grafts uk clinic not happy so far!!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jack dean said:

Yes cheers melvin for the advise my left hand side dose look thinner would you say have little more time for growth or thickening 9 to 12 months mate

The hair will no doubt mature and thicken from months 9-12, will you be happy, I’ve no idea. That said, personally I think they did a good job 👍🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The hair will no doubt mature and thicken from months 9-12, will you be happy, I’ve no idea. That said, personally I think they did a good job 👍🏼 

Ok cheers Melvin for the advise and  outlook my Ht  appreciate it 👍

• 3 months later...

Hi all happy new year and all the best for 2021

Just update and for some advise on your thoughts.

I'm at the 12 months stage now here are few pictures with day light 

Just seems to me that the growth has been bad and my donor area still looks patchy to say I only had 1090 grafts poor extractions I think,and still got a red line around transplant what can be seen in day line any advise on that.

Cheers 👍

Screenshot_20210101-161458_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210101-161451_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210101-161506_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210101-161513_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210101-161517_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210101-161524_Gallery.jpg

By 12 months, while the sprouted transplant hair will continue to mature and thicken, you will not miraculously have any new transplant hair sprouting by this point (imo 8 months is even enough time to know the finality of transplant grafts)

Looks like your needed graft count was underestimated.

I do think the HT is overall an improvement, its just not 100% there yet. If its any consolation, know that its unfortunately pretty common to need a 2nd follow up surgery to increase density. 

• Like 2

I don’t think they used enough grafts either. And I think it would be fair to say they have not managed your donor area well. Especially for that low amount of grafts.

But the hairline design seems ok and you have had growth.

I believe you could improve on it with a 2nd Ht. I would choose another Dr/Clinic though. 

• Like 2

Cheers for the advise I always thought the graft count was low just wished I would of known about the format hairrestorationnetwork before I choose my clinic,but I am researching clinic now off this format but I will not be using this clinic again. Any advice for the redness still or is it more noticeable as of lack of grafts?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack dean said:

Cheers for the advise I always thought the graft count was low just wished I would of known about the format hairrestorationnetwork before I choose my clinic,but I am researching clinic now off this format but I will not be using this clinic again. Any advice for the redness still or is it more noticeable as of lack of grafts?

Which clinics are you looking at now? If it’s the Uk still then the 3 I would consider would be Dr Arshad, Dr Ed Ball and Dr Reddy.

However far better to travel when we can to open up some more decent choices.

Like HDC @Doron Haratior Dr Bisanga @sl and @DrTBarghouthi for example. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 3

It's a slight improvement (if it can be really considered that) but a sloppy job. In the end you have to compromise as a patient. Be sure to choose a clinic that will do a class job in one shot so that you don't need to run around in circles getting touch ups. 

Anything below 2000 grafts shouldn't have re-dos except in exceptional cases (maybe crown). 

It just pains to see 1000 graft procedures not coming off properly. This can't be considered a major improvement as there was no balding that was troublesome to begin with. The obvious benefit would only be when the procedure enhances the appearance of your already-existing set of good hair. 

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Which clinics are you looking at now? If it’s the Uk still then the 3 I would consider would be Dr Arshad, Dr Ed Ball and Dr Reddy.

However far better to travel when we can to open up some more decent choices.

Like HDC @Doron Haratior Dr Bisanga @sl for example. 

I'm going to start researching in January or when the uk open up again but like I said I will only be researching clinics off this format I have contacted few of the above over emails 

• Like 1

Just now, Jack dean said:

I'm going to start researching in January or when the uk open up again but like I said I will only be researching clinics off this format I have contacted few of the above over emails 

That’s good to hear. I also had a not so amazing result from my first HT in the Uk. And then discovered this forum (10 years ago) my subsequent choices were much better 👌

• Like 1

IMO redness at 12 months is quite unusual. I would actually get it examined by a dermatologist. Couldn't hurt to ask the operating clinic as well, but at this point you can't really trust anything they say. Best to get a qualified opinion from a doctor who is completely neutral to the outcome of the hair transplant. 

For your touch up procedure, even if you are dead-set on seeing one specific doctor, definitely get consultations with multiple clinics so you can get a group consensus on a graft count needed. 

For reference, my native hairloss is pretty similar to you, a relatively benign NW3. I definitely had a receding hairline, but wouldn't be considered "balding" by a casual observer. I had 1700 grafts, and even that wasn't enough density for relatively mild hairloss. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

It just pains to see 1000 graft procedures not coming off properly. This can't be considered a major improvement as there was no balding that was troublesome to begin with. The obvious benefit would only be when the procedure enhances the appearance of your already-existing set of good hair. 

agree. All HT's - even when performed by elite doctors, are fraught with risk and potentially setting the patient up for multiple follow-up surgeries and years of worry and obsession. 

Its a gamble that makes sense for those that have significant/severe balding; less so for those that just have mild hairloss. You can't fault someone for wanting to improve their appearance, bc even minor hair loss can be very distressing, but it is a big risk. 

I myself am "just" a NW3, who had one bad HT and then needed 2 repairs, all over the span of 2 years. While ultimately I believe my hair transplant appearance will make me look much better than I would natively, I honestly am not sure I would have started down this path if I would have known how much stress it was going to cause me (to be fair tho perhaps all of my stress could have been avoided if I went to a qualified doc for my first go around)

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

agree. All HT's - even when performed by elite doctors, are fraught with risk and potentially setting the patient up for multiple follow-up surgeries and years of worry and obsession. 

Its a gamble that makes sense for those that have significant/severe balding; less so for those that just have mild hairloss. You can't fault someone for wanting to improve their appearance, bc even minor hair loss can be very distressing, but it is a big risk. 

I myself am "just" a NW3, who had one bad HT and then needed 2 repairs, all over the span of 2 years. While ultimately I believe my hair transplant appearance will make me look much better than I would natively, I honestly am not sure I would have started down this path if I would have known how much stress it was going to cause me (to be fair tho perhaps all of my stress could have been avoided if I went to a qualified doc for my first go around)

I know what you mean It's been pretty stressful for me this knowing that i should of picked a better clinic/doctor but can I ask after the 2 repair has it turned out well the tranplant overall 

10 minutes ago, Jack dean said:

I know what you mean It's been pretty stressful for me this knowing that i should of picked a better clinic/doctor but can I ask after the 2 repair has it turned out well the tranplant overall 

my 3rd HT was only 2.5 months ago, but the graft placement looks good, and the doc put in 2000 grafts, which should really seal in the density to me. The doctor is also an actual 100% full time HT doctor with a lot of experience (James Harris in Colorado). 

Just like you, for my 1st HT I saw a random no-name doc who did hair transplants as a side gig. I foolishly allowed her to do the repair job (my 2nd HT), and predictably there were still density issues. But I feel good about this 3rd procedure. 

So overall I have around 3200 grafts in my frontal region, which tbh seems like overkill, but for this 3rd HT, Dr. Harris just wanted to ensure I wouldnt need to come back for a 4th Ht

But yea....its unfortunate a relatively "simple" case such as mine morphed into so much drama. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

my 3rd HT was only 2.5 months ago, but the graft placement looks good, and the doc put in 2000 grafts, which should really seal in the density to me. The doctor is also an actual 100% full time HT doctor with a lot of experience (James Harris in Colorado). 

Just like you, for my 1st HT I saw a random no-name doc who did hair transplants as a side gig. I foolishly allowed her to do the repair job (my 2nd HT), and predictably there were still density issues. But I feel good about this 3rd procedure. 

So overall I have around 3200 grafts in my frontal region, which tbh seems like overkill, but for this 3rd HT, Dr. Harris just wanted to ensure I wouldnt need to come back for a 4th Ht

But yea....its unfortunate a relatively "simple" case such as mine morphed into so much drama. 

I hope it turns out well for you then after this long Denver 👍

• Like 1

I started taking ginger shots (for health reasons) every day the past month and after 1-1/2 weeks use my folliculitis on the hair were gone. Nothing the doctors had prescribed me before had helped, so I was very surprised that suddenly the folliculitis were getting less and less inflamed and suddenly gone. What I know, the redness is kind of inflammation still going on (correct me if I'm wrong), and as ginger is anti-inflammatory it wouldn't hurt to try it for a couple of weeks. It was the only thing I changed in my diet so it must have been the ginger shots in my case that eliminated the folliculitis, and I guess it's because of the anti-inflammatory properties in ginger. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Falconary said:

I started taking ginger shots (for health reasons) every day the past month and after 1-1/2 weeks use my folliculitis on the hair were gone. Nothing the doctors had prescribed me before had helped, so I was very surprised that suddenly the folliculitis were getting less and less inflamed and suddenly gone. What I know, the redness is kind of inflammation still going on (correct me if I'm wrong), and as ginger is anti-inflammatory it wouldn't hurt to try it for a couple of weeks. It was the only thing I changed in my diet so it must have been the ginger shots in my case that eliminated the folliculitis, and I guess it's because of the anti-inflammatory properties in ginger. 

Cheers for the advise il give it a go 👍

• Like 1

@Jack deanbe very careful, by your current photos a repair can make it worse, I understand very well why you aren't happy with the result, but if there isn't enough space at the hairline you can't repair this now unless you'll go for a "punch out" procedure with I HIGHLY don't recommend.

For 1000 grafts the donor had a rough treatment but it's still good for more procedures.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.