Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was hoping some of you knowledgeable guys and doctors on here could please help me.

I had a hair transplant on 29th December 2019 in the UK, I posted some pictures first month on here, I'm now 90 days in and go back to the clinic in 1 week for 3 month review. I dont want to give the name of the clinic until the results have matured but if it turns out to be poor for what I've paid for or done right I will put it on here.

Here are some pictures below I've got back from the clinic for before op and after op and my donor area as it is now.

I signed up to this clinic because in the consultation they priced per hairline £4700 plus £600 for 3 PRPs but I clearly mentioned twice in consultations and just before op that I wanted my bald area behind my hairline in my mid scalp sorting and they said they can get grafts in there no problem. They even said if I wanted to shave my head it helps better to get grafts in but they also said they could without shaving my hair. It was more expensive but done right and happy with it didn't mind paying more to have it in the UK. I'm not sure whether that was such a wise decision now that I've come across this and other sites.

I found out after the op that I had only 1090 grafts extracted and placed in my hairline only and only a handful placed in the bald spot behind my hairline. I wasn't happy with that and after several requests I still haven't received a breakdown of how many hairs/grafts they put in my hairline.

The time they took for my op was 8 hours, a long time for only 1090 graft which concerns me because the clinic said I had 2 doctors and one hair technician. Looking at some of the stories on this site, I'm wondering why it took so long. I also remember one of the staff telling another not to drill too deep during the graft extraction stage.

I go back to the clinic in 1 week for a 3 months review and any advice or information will help me greatly.

Does my donor area look right after just 1090 grafts, I was told my donor area was very good prior to surgery.

Do you think the plan was botched from the off, I'm  really quite upset about the whole thing.

After seeing and reading about some of the surgeries on this site, am I right in feeling I've been take for a ride.

Will the redness at the front go away.

Will I need another procedure very soon to address the areas they didn't during this surgery.

Do you think I'll get a decent result.
 

A big thanks in advance to anyone that can help me in any way.
 
1  picture is donor before op 
2 pictures in op thin patch with 2/3 graft in max
4 pictures of donor area now 
1 picture of still very red 
1 picture of thin crown what has got worse since operation 
 

20200402_192809.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192736_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192712_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192513_Gallery.jpg

20200402_192841.jpg

20200402_192903.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192626_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192600_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192545_Gallery.jpg

20200402_202317.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you know which punch size was used? If a clinic is ignoring your requests you should name and shame them imo

Jack dean did they recommend you to start on finasteride after the surgery? I know it's easy to say but patience is key.

Vast improvement. Lots more growth and maturing to come. 

Posted Images

Iv got a 3 months review next week with manager doctor ect(maybe abit longer as of this virus)..of  the clinic so I will be going though everything with them and if the results turn out bad I will defo put all information of the clinic but was just hoping for some info of how it looks as I'm not happy with donor area so far . O.9 m hole punch was used as they sent me this on email

Screenshot_20200402-204941_Gallery.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

3 months is too early to make any judgement. The recipient is barely coming back from the ugly duckling phase, and the donor may have shock loss. I suggest documenting monthly, and if the situation doesn't improve around 8 months, contact the clinic and tell them your concerns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Melvin for your advice 👍I have document everything so far on operation day ect..till now ,but noticed patchy donor area week after op and read up on shockloss happens 2/8 weeks and concerd they sill havent sent me any info on singles doubles triple hair what has gone in my hairline 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
1 minute ago, Jack dean said:

Thank you Melvin for your advice 👍I have document everything so far on operation day ect..till now ,but noticed patchy donor area week after op and read up on shockloss happens 2/8 weeks and concerd they sill havent sent me any info on singles doubles triple hair what has gone in my hairline 

No problem mate, if you want you can post your progress here monthly. My thoughts are that it will improve, but always remember, once grafts are taken out, you will have decreased density, there is no way getting around that if you want to get surgery. You may notice the spot, but we're usually our own worst critics.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes will post progess on here every month 👍I.just hope it was done right.and still not happy what was said they was going to do graft wise  and what I.got with the thin patch behind my hair line,they said after op it was to high risk to put grafts in but surely that should of been said to me in my consultation

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jack dean said:

Yes will post progess on here every month 👍I.just hope it was done right.and still not happy what was said they was going to do graft wise  and what I.got with the thin patch behind my hair line,they said after op it was to high risk to put grafts in but surely that should of been said to me in my consultation

Why was it too high of a rish to put grafts in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lohvisa said:

Why was it too high of a rish to put grafts in?

They said it was to high risk to start put grafts in that area but put 2 or 3 in and pulled away as they put it , as you can see on photo but 2  /3 graft in max ,but would of preferred for them to tell me in consultation as I would of weighted up my options with other clinics.(but iv paid extra for PRP 3 session but would of preferred grafts in that area )

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lohvisa said:

Why was it too high of a rish to put grafts in?

Like I said this is why I signed you to.this clinic as they said they would get grafts the thin.patch   but havent but just wanted some input of you guys if this  if this is right that on the day they can pull out of putting graft s in a area where they said they could (high risk as they said)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 8:24 PM, Jack dean said:

I was hoping some of you knowledgeable guys and doctors on here could please help me.

I had a hair transplant on 29th December 2019 in the UK, I posted some pictures first month on here, I'm now 90 days in and go back to the clinic in 1 week for 3 month review. I dont want to give the name of the clinic until the results have matured but if it turns out to be poor for what I've paid for or done right I will put it on here.

Here are some pictures below I've got back from the clinic for before op and after op and my donor area as it is now.

I signed up to this clinic because in the consultation they priced per hairline £4700 plus £600 for 3 PRPs but I clearly mentioned twice in consultations and just before op that I wanted my bald area behind my hairline in my mid scalp sorting and they said they can get grafts in there no problem. They even said if I wanted to shave my head it helps better to get grafts in but they also said they could without shaving my hair. It was more expensive but done right and happy with it didn't mind paying more to have it in the UK. I'm not sure whether that was such a wise decision now that I've come across this and other sites.

I found out after the op that I had only 1090 grafts extracted and placed in my hairline only and only a handful placed in the bald spot behind my hairline. I wasn't happy with that and after several requests I still haven't received a breakdown of how many hairs/grafts they put in my hairline.

The time they took for my op was 8 hours, a long time for only 1090 graft which concerns me because the clinic said I had 2 doctors and one hair technician. Looking at some of the stories on this site, I'm wondering why it took so long. I also remember one of the staff telling another not to drill too deep during the graft extraction stage.

I go back to the clinic in 1 week for a 3 months review and any advice or information will help me greatly.

Does my donor area look right after just 1090 grafts, I was told my donor area was very good prior to surgery.

Do you think the plan was botched from the off, I'm  really quite upset about the whole thing.

After seeing and reading about some of the surgeries on this site, am I right in feeling I've been take for a ride.

Will the redness at the front go away.

Will I need another procedure very soon to address the areas they didn't during this surgery.

Do you think I'll get a decent result.
 

A big thanks in advance to anyone that can help me in any way.
 
1  picture is donor before op 
2 pictures in op thin patch with 2/3 graft in max
4 pictures of donor area now 
1 picture of still very red 
1 picture of thin crown what has got worse since operation 
 

20200402_192809.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192736_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192712_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192513_Gallery.jpg

20200402_192841.jpg

20200402_192903.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192626_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192600_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200402-192545_Gallery.jpg

20200402_202317.jpg

Sorry to hear this. Three months is too early to say and you will have a better idea at the 6 month mark but can't really say anything until 9 months to be honest. The redness fades with time and the speed of that depends on your biology, surgeon skill and how well you followed post-surgery protocol. I understand you are concerned but unfortunately hair transplants don't work that way and the only thing you can do is wait now, which is also not what you want to hear.

Edited by TrixGlendevon
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Sorry to hear this. Three months is too early to say and you will have a better idea at the 6 month mark but can't really say anything until 9 months to be honest. The redness fades with time and the speed of that depends on your biology, surgeon skill and how well you followed post-surgery protocol. I understand you are concerned but unfortunately hair transplants don't work that way and the only thing you can do is wait now, which is also not what you want to hear.

Ok thank you for your reply and il keep the up.date of donor area on here and the response of the clinic if its dosnt change after only having 1090 grafts 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Sorry to hear this. Three months is too early to say and you will have a better idea at the 6 month mark but can't really say anything until 9 months to be honest. The redness fades with time and the speed of that depends on your biology, surgeon skill and how well you followed post-surgery protocol. I understand you are concerned but unfortunately hair transplants don't work that way and the only thing you can do is wait now, which is also not what you want to hear.

Would doing my incisions first and then  having me lying down for nearly 3 hours to extract 1100 grafts head down on bed with circle cushion effect why my redness is not fading? (first time I heard of doing  incisions first only when turned up at this  clinic on op day )

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
54 minutes ago, Jack dean said:

Would doing my incisions first and then  having me lying down for nearly 3 hours to extract 1100 grafts head down on bed with circle cushion effect why my redness is not fading? (first time I heard of doing  incisions first only when turned up at this  clinic on op day )

A lot of top clinics do this, it's been around for decades. Some clinics use the DHI or DHT method, but that doesn't guarantee success, at the end of the day, it's how the doctor and their team achieve good results that matter. Redness occurs post-operatively in fair skinned individuals.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

A lot of top clinics do this, it's been around for decades. Some clinics use the DHI or DHT method, but that doesn't guarantee success, at the end of the day, it's how the doctor and their team achieve good results that matter. Redness occurs post-operatively in fair skinned individuals.

Cheers Melvin for the reply just when I read up on HT never seen it done this way on video's or profiles or talking to people but thanks for the information 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all just 4 month update still not gone back to clinic yet as of the virus but just had hair cut and back still looks very noticable and patchy  as iv only  had 1100 extracted so they said  will this improve at a 4 month stage as I'm at now ,here's few pictures on different lights and front growing but also looks like going to have gaps in front hairline and still red  is this natural any advise would be appreciated when I go back to clinic but as of now I dont think its looking good at all 

Screenshot_20200501-184219_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200501-184044_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200501-184138_Gallery.jpg

20200501_183746.jpg

Screenshot_20200501-183818_Gallery.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those results are looking alright for 4 months mate. Don’t be so worried about the donor area, I’m sure it’s just shock loss and it will change loads over next few months👍🏽

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for your replays guys yes il give it time I am just hoping it is shockloss and not overharvested as it took him 3 hours to extract 1100 graft what seems long time , iv done so research in to the  new  doctor who did my procedure at this clinic hes been a GP for 10 year and only had experience in HT for just over year,I know i should of done this before hand but just put trust in the clinic, but il keep posting my procedure 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack dean said:

Cheers for your replays guys yes il give it time I am just hoping it is shockloss and not overharvested as it took him 3 hours to extract 1100 graft what seems long time , iv done so research in to the  new  doctor who did my procedure at this clinic hes been a GP for 10 year and only had experience in HT for just over year,I know i should of done this before hand but just put trust in the clinic, but il keep posting my procedure 👍

Hey mate. I am 4 months and 10 days since my HT and very patchy too. Think you dont need to worry. We both need to wait for 6 months and see what changes. Dont compare yourself with people who got super results in 4 months. Everyone grows at different pace. My doc said  I am a slow grower so be positive as you might be slow grower too👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi all hope you are  all well..I'm week off the 6month stage and go to see the clinic 4th july, few pictures I'm still red and still limited growth,got some cream for the redness,but I had this redness since operation, got abit of information back of clinic said I had 1100 graft as I knew that but said I had  585 single grafts what seems alot of singles and 2000 hairs approximately but seem low for 1100 grafts, but as for double and trebles  not received any info,I think the results at this stage is poor and deflating for me....is there more for this to turn good??and had pictures off the  clinic straight after op but seems very gappy going in to old hair line with grafts does it look right (sorry it's a poor picture but it what clinic email me ) and alot of red marks what are still with me today is this scarring?.I have email the clinic but just seem to be covering there own backs and said I need to wait .Any 20200615_203330.thumb.jpg.50bdf166fea5c64af993a350aa35573c.jpg information off you guys would be much appreciated 

20200615_203310.jpg

20200615_203350.jpg

20200615_203410.jpg

20200615_203204.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...