Can Onion Juice Stop Hair Loss?

• Administrators

Have any of you guys ever tried this? I came across a video on my YouTube feed, and I was wondering if anyone has actually tried this before.

Can Onion Juice Stop Hair Loss?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yes I've tried it and yes I had some positive results. I tried it 2-3 times a week for about 9 months. It seems to heat the scalp up and stimulate blood flow, at least that's how it felt to me. I had some hair growth all over the scalp, however it wasn't a miracle cure. Even though I could see a difference I doubt anyone else did. I noticed there were many new smalls hairs that would grow, yet only a certain percentage of them would go the full distance. After stopping the application, all progress was gone within 3-4 weeks.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tofuparty said:

Yes I've tried it and yes I had some positive results. I tried it 2-3 times a week for about 9 months. It seems to heat the scalp up and stimulate blood flow, at least that's how it felt to me. I had some hair growth all over the scalp, however it wasn't a miracle cure. Even though I could see a difference I doubt anyone else did. I noticed there were many new smalls hairs that would grow, yet only a certain percentage of them would go the full distance. After stopping the application, all progress was gone within 3-4 weeks.

Why did you stop if it was working?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

21 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Why did you stop if it was working?

It only improved growth up to a certain point and then it stopped, no matter how many times you applied it. So it was a lot of hassle for minimal gain. To be honest I have thought about trying again. By the way it completely removes any dandruff which is nice, I've noticed coconut oil does that as well.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, tofuparty said:

It only improved growth up to a certain point and then it stopped, no matter how many times you applied it. So it was a lot of hassle for minimal gain. To be honest I have thought about trying again. By the way it completely removes any dandruff which is nice, I've noticed coconut oil does that as well.

Interesting, did you find it worked better than minoxidil?

View my thread

A friend of mine from South Korea said it would prevent hair loss if the onion juice was started at an early age before the loss begins....😅

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, gillenator said:

A friend of mine from South Korea said it would prevent hair loss if the onion juice was started at an early age before the loss begins....😅

lol I think South Korea has a low level of MPB in the overall population, so maybe he's right haha😁

View my thread

I tried this home made onion juice thing last year...I took half an onion and squeezed it using the lime squeezer and would apply fresh onion juice on my head for 1-2 weeks. The hair would dry still in the morning and of course the smell was bad too. It was just too much of work to do every night LOL so gave it up. 

I don't know what's the shelf life of onion juice so made it fresh or is onion oil (longer shelf life) have same benefits?

I'm 41 and have been doing one nonsense or the other to save my hair since I was 25. PHEW!! And I still lost in the end LOL

Edited by Panamera13

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Id rather be bald then smell like an onion 

😂😂😂😂

View my thread