1000 graft fue dr diep

MrAr

Past due for an update in 2 days it will be my 19th week and today marks day 131 ! Growth is really starting to thicken up . My donor area still looks Sketch (in the pic, sides/back is a 7 guard) to me it still looks over harvested .  My right side Of recepient  area at an angle has that corn field row appearance and the left is fairly undetectable . 

0B2639E9-2331-4476-9557-3CF98AEAD34E.jpeg

E83E4A00-B92D-43DC-8D8F-BE9ED59EB617.jpeg

0FB04462-BFDF-4050-B91F-A1A851A0FCDA.jpeg

62134640-6DE7-4FBE-8AAC-33940F5DA160.jpeg

A7522104-B3D5-4AEA-9873-ECD650DC09B4.jpeg

Edited by Dadda

6 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Great to see early growth which is good!

Pretty sure nobody would notice your donor outside of the HT world (and even then prob not at that length). Is that as low a guard as you want to shave your head?

Thanx man yeah me too ! Yeah the hair is starting to really come in now =D and I wish I could go A  lower guard a around 3 or so I like skin fades but , idk looks like I’m going to have to let it grow out more  ? My gf said you can’t tell unless your paying attention and look at it at an angle and in certain lighting  ... ? Some examples at a lower guard (4) in different lighting . Is the donor area pretty much done as far as healing and growth back there goes  ?? 

1DC5E13F-38B2-426F-8B4C-F70AC85E3FDA.jpeg

A74D9BF9-FE3B-4972-AE64-02D95C621C16.jpeg

A9483E87-0A90-4B4F-9691-2685001CC1C9.jpeg

Edited by Dadda

• Administrators

In my opinion, you look great, both in the recipient and the donor. I really cannot see any issues at all. Thanks for keeping us updated, quite impressive growth this early.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, Dadda said:

My right side Of recepient  area at an angle has that corn field row appearance and the left is fairly undetectable .

I was knocked out for most of the procedure with Dr. Diep, but you seem to have been awake for all of it. Do you remember if he marked the donor site for symmetrical extraction at all? As far as I could tell, as soon as the shaving was done and the anesthesia kicked in, he just went right into extraction.

2 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

I was knocked out for most of the procedure with Dr. Diep, but you seem to have been awake for all of it. Do you remember if he marked the donor site for symmetrical extraction at all? As far as I could tell, as soon as the shaving was done and the anesthesia kicked in, he just went right into extraction.

He didn’t mark extraction . Sums up about what I remember as well . He did all the extractions out really quick ,made incisions really fast and left . Honestly he was in the room no longer an hour total time , it was mostly his assistants who I spent most my time with . Although I do feel like he short cuts his teq/work to complete 2 surgeries a day plus endless consultation meetings . The guy does execute and from what I’ve seen results aren’t bad . I feel like mine to soon to tell but not bad ,I’m just worried about my donor and the cornrow field appearance. 

Edited by Dadda

@Dadda, with either the extractions or incisions, did he start from the left and work to the right side? You probably won't be able to answer about the extractions being that he was behind you. But the graft incisions, were those done from left side first, then right?

A repeating theme with Dr. Diep's work is that the right side is far inferior from the left side both in terms of the graft incisions and the donor extractions.

7 hours ago, Dadda said:

I’m just worried about my donor and the cornrow field appearance. 

As I am with my procedure with Dr. Diep. I feel Dr. Diep does two things exceedingly well:

1. Yield is excellent. There are a few isolated horror stories out there. But HT just isn't going to work with some people's physiology and habits. So it is possible that those folks would have went to another surgeon and found the same results
  2. He has an accute understating of facial composition and places the hairline perfectly. Like, If Peyton Manning walked into MHTA with his five-head, he wouldn't walk out looking like Usher. If Peyton Manning had Usher's hairline, it would be worse than having his five-head now.

He did start from left to right both extraction and incision . Yeah I agree ! Yeah hair transplant isn’t a guarantee and could be hit and miss . All that being said diep does have good result far as yields go with out a doubt I’m barely at 5 months and it’s looking full and getting thick ! I have have friends and some acquaintances I know in England that have gone to Harley st  with great yields and extraction was spread out through back and sides of head I seemed that teq leaves a better and undetectable donor as long with a natural look in recepient area 

Edited by Dadda

12 hours ago, Dadda said:

He didn’t mark extraction . Sums up about what I remember as well . He did all the extractions out really quick ,made incisions really fast and left . Honestly he was in the room no longer an hour total time , it was mostly his assistants who I spent most my time with . Although I do feel like he short cuts his teq/work to complete 2 surgeries a day plus endless consultation meetings . The guy does execute and from what I’ve seen results aren’t bad . I feel like mine to soon to tell but not bad ,I’m just worried about my donor and the cornrow field appearance. 

Yep, those are the two main things I worry about as well with my surgery. Corn row appearance is frustrating, and not really getting better lol. So interesting that it happened to both of us, only on the right side. 

The growth on the other hand is pretty solid! Which is awesome

11 hours ago, NicoAustralia said:

Has anyone ever got an explanation as to why Diep implants grafts in rows like this?

We/you will never get one. And if you buy the thing about the asymetrical harvesting of the donor site being to "preserve virgin donor sites for future procedures", I have some beach front property in Idaho to sell you.

I am a recent MHTA client and have thoughts on around his technical flaws. I just don't want to hijack Dadda's thread. Probably will save it for my own thread as things progress.

12 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

We/you will never get one. And if you buy the thing about the asymetrical harvesting of the donor site being to "preserve virgin donor sites for future procedures", I have some beach front property in Idaho to sell you.

I am a recent MHTA client and have thoughts on around his technical flaws. I just don't want to hijack Dadda's thread. Probably will save it for my own thread as things progress.

I've been following your thread too mate. 

Diep has definitely got great results in the past so I can't really say his methods are bad but I just don't understand why you would implant that way? Surely the only thing you're doing is increasing the chances that it ends up looking unnatural?

As for the donor thing. Looks terrible to me personally, I can't think of any good reason he would have done it this way. Is he getting lazy? Was he having a bad day? Is he trying something new? Am I completely wrong and he has a good reason?

Who knows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got a second procedure with dr.diep . . Here some pix before the surgery and after . Had my procedure on 6/27/2022 3 days ago . Objective was mostly to add density and fill in my corners some more  . 
last procedure was 1000 grafts this 1 was the same at 1001 

singles 128 , two 486 ,three 292 , four 95

4F3D93D7-910A-414E-8337-4C61778E7765.jpeg

66EF8DD0-3D4D-4458-85FB-6F7689BD9D32.jpeg

F16D6194-244F-4804-8E8F-D3E2CBADF2A5.jpeg

3C280EF9-4F7A-43E4-921F-43905A0DBC73.jpeg

85206D1E-AB55-4679-A0ED-BFB770DA7A4A.png

CDC4E60F-3E7F-4CAE-905F-F0996BF7011F.jpeg

BF12532B-B108-43D0-B3F7-7EDA70487F2B.jpeg

77E2D186-8F01-4E06-A64E-CE62C183946B.jpeg

Edited by MrAr

On 8/9/2020 at 6:15 PM, NicoAustralia said:

Has anyone ever got an explanation as to why Diep implants grafts in rows like this?

I asked , He said it's the only way to get density . I made sure to make it clear I did not want that kind placement  . As you can see he didnt and grafts are very densely  packed in .

• Valued Contributor

Man, congrats again! Work looks solid!

I guess you felt good about everything since you decided to go back…

Thanks for posting and looking forward to your updates!

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, MrAr said:

I got a second procedure with dr.diep . . Here some pix before the surgery and after . Had my procedure on 6/27/2022 3 days ago . Objective was mostly to add density and fill in my corners some more  . 
last procedure was 1000 grafts this 1 was the same at 1001 

singles 128 , two 486 ,three 292 , four 95

4F3D93D7-910A-414E-8337-4C61778E7765.jpeg

66EF8DD0-3D4D-4458-85FB-6F7689BD9D32.jpeg

F16D6194-244F-4804-8E8F-D3E2CBADF2A5.jpeg

3C280EF9-4F7A-43E4-921F-43905A0DBC73.jpeg

85206D1E-AB55-4679-A0ED-BFB770DA7A4A.png

CDC4E60F-3E7F-4CAE-905F-F0996BF7011F.jpeg

BF12532B-B108-43D0-B3F7-7EDA70487F2B.jpeg

77E2D186-8F01-4E06-A64E-CE62C183946B.jpeg

The work looks great. I like this placement much better. He placed the grafts like this on my procedure. Overall, it looks like your first HT grew pretty good. Happy growing. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

29 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

Man, congrats again! Work looks solid!

I guess you felt good about everything since you decided to go back…

Thanks for posting and looking forward to your updates!

I went back told dr.diep what I didn't like and he was very helpful and understanding . If it's 1 thing about dr. Diep the yield and graft survival rate on his work is very high . Wich made me go back . Happy I did so he really went in and did exactly what I wanted 

I'm no fan of Dieps' work at all. Honestly, I'm surprised you went back.

That said, this looks better than the first implant pattern. Seems to be blending in the cornrows. I hope for the best! :)

• Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 7:04 PM, MachoVato said:

I'm no fan of Dieps' work at all. Honestly, I'm surprised you went back.

That said, this looks better than the first implant pattern. Seems to be blending in the cornrows. I hope for the best! :)

it seems like 2019-2020 was off for Dr. Diep. looks like hes refined his work. Hoping for the best for OP!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Don't know. I had procedure with Dr. Diep in 2021 and I still have similar cornrow placement as OP did from his first procedure.

I had Diep December 2021 as well and did not have cornrow placement. It looks like you had that type of placement your first surgery and your second looked much better. 

6 hours ago, FUT4000 said:

I had Diep December 2021 as well and did not have cornrow placement. It looks like you had that type of placement your first surgery and your second looked much better. 

Yeah, actually when I think about my post-op photos of my second procedure, the implementation looked better. But now at 8 months, I still have the see-through effect so not sure if grafts just didn't come in or what. Do you have photos of your hair to share?

On 7/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, AlexMeister21 said:

Yeah, actually when I think about my post-op photos of my second procedure, the implementation looked better. But now at 8 months, I still have the see-through effect so not sure if grafts just didn't come in or what. Do you have photos of your hair to share?

yea i do but i was going to wait for the full 12 months to make a post