Would laser hair removal on a hairline leave scars?

KSmithy

Hello all,

I would like to push my transplanted hairline up about 1cm as I feel it is too low. I'd like to do it with laser or electrolysis, I know it's wasting the grafts but I don't want lots of little white dots if they're removed by FUE.

My question is, would this leave scars or redness? My implantations were done with a Choi Pen (DHI).

Can anyone link me to a case where someone had their hairline moved up without any visible scarring?

Or can anyone recommend me a doctor in Europe who has successfully moved up a hairline?

Thanks,

K

No laser Would not leave scars. But laser isn’t very precise and would take multiple sessions. Also it won’t work on grey hair. Electrolysis is another option of course.

in my opinion you shouldn’t rule out removing via FUE. Here’s a reference case - 

As with this case I think Feriduni is a great option. 

7 hours ago, watterot said:

No laser Would not leave scars. But laser isn’t very precise and would take multiple sessions. Also it won’t work on grey hair. Electrolysis is another option of course.

in my opinion you shouldn’t rule out removing via FUE. Here’s a reference case - 

As with this case I think Feriduni is a great option. 

Thanks so much I might have to pay him a visit when this Corona thing blows over!

• Administrators

I've heard fraxel laser surgery is the best. Why would you want to laser the hairs off, you could camoflauge the hairs with another surgery. Do you mind posting some pics?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I've heard fraxel laser surgery is the best. Why would you want to laser the hairs off, you could camoflauge the hairs with another surgery. Do you mind posting some pics?

Hi Melvin,

I don't really mind how they're removed I just want them to go without any scarring because I feel it's too low. I will make a thread soon with all of my pics so far.

• Moderators

If you're only trying to remove a few hairs in the corners then FUEing them out may work best as any scars will probably not be noticed. If you're trying to raise the entire hairline then I FUEing them may leave you with scars in the front which you don't want.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 years later...