Topical Dutasteride

mustang

I will not name where I get it to avoid people thinking I am promoting a certain pharmacy, clinic or brand.
Concentration it's 1% and it's Liposomal.

I am not taking any oral medication due to horrible sides on both finasteride and Topical Finasteride.
I have no side effects on Topical Dutasteride. My serum DHT levels are 250 thus in range (250-750) for a 34 year old male. My scalp DHT is probably 0.

My shedding stopped literally 48 hours after applying it for the first time (Shedding, not Alopecia). I went from losing 50 hairs a day to 3. I am now on TRT and lose maybe 5-7, not more than that.

Before and after pics at 4 months. I am very happy.

unnamed-3.jpg

4-months-topical-dutasteride.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

No side effects at all, did you test your DHT before and after taking the topical dutasteride? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

No side effects at all, did you test your DHT before and after taking the topical dutasteride? 

Dutastirides molecular weight is 529 g/mol. Everythign over 500 doesnt go well through scalp. I have doubts that this treatment can work. IF this medication managed to penetrate the scalp, it would decrease greatly DHT but as a result of that, T would raise massively. That being said, if you are sensitive to T also, you are even more screwed on DUT. These 2 pics have different lighting and hair size. It may look like he had results but it could be very missleading at the same time. I hope this worked out for him. 

Also he said his solution is 1%. Are you aware that 1% means 10mg of dutestiride per 1ml? That would be crazy and dangerous for someone who avoids oral tablets. I highly encourage you to share the product name with us since i think you ve gotten the numbers wrong.

• Like 1

• Administrators

That is true, I know that topical finasteride isn't even 1% it's like 0.1 % 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Topical Finasteride is 327 kda... I have used it with sides. At 0.1%m 0.05% and 0.03%... still sides. 

Topical Dutasteride is above 500 as said above. It's 1%, not 0.1%. I sent the formula to the pharmacy.

1 minute ago, mustang said:

Topical Finasteride is 327 kda... I have used it with sides. At 0.1%m 0.05% and 0.03%... still sides. 

Topical Dutasteride is above 500 as said above. It's 1%, not 0.1%. I sent the formula to the pharmacy.

Uh that really sketchy. I cant buy the story that you apply 10 miligrams of dutastiride and not get side effects. Also TEN MG lmao. Thats like 20mg of finastiride if we could even compare these 2. Finastirides molecular weight is lighter yes. I m glad that its working for you regardless. Mind sharing it in dms or here? I m just curious, i m currently on topical finastiride without sides.

also there is no way you could get sides with 0.05% and 0.03% TOPICAL finastiride. Even if you took that dose orally there is no way you could do anything with that dose. I m weirded out by your comments because i m not sure if you are trolling or just not aware of the dosages you had?

27 minutes ago, Thisisnotatest333 said:

Dutastirides molecular weight is 529 g/mol. Everythign over 500 doesnt go well through scalp. I have doubts that this treatment can work. IF this medication managed to penetrate the scalp, it would decrease greatly DHT but as a result of that, T would raise massively. That being said, if you are sensitive to T also, you are even more screwed on DUT. These 2 pics have different lighting and hair size. It may look like he had results but it could be very missleading at the same time. I hope this worked out for him. 

Also he said his solution is 1%. Are you aware that 1% means 10mg of dutestiride per 1ml? That would be crazy and dangerous for someone who avoids oral tablets. I highly encourage you to share the product name with us since i think you ve gotten the numbers wrong.

Well, as everything in life you can only find out by trying it (or not). Up to you. It works for me and it works better than anything I have ever tried with less sides.

DHT has decreased indeed but very little. It went down from 325 to 175 (range is 250 to 750) , thus roughly a 40% reduction in plasma.

T does not raise with finasteride or dutasteride after 6 months, it only does saw temporary, many studies (google them) show a decrease in total and free testosterone. I had a total test of 750 ng/dl before finasteride and only 450 after 12 months of use. 

I am not that sensitive to Test, I recently started TRT and my hair loss has remained stable.

10mg at 1% is correct. A high dose, once every 10 days. No systemic buildup. Depending on the vehicle it can reach the epidermis, this does not mean it will go systemic. 

You can refer to me as "you". "He" is a bit strange for somebody who is engaging with you and sharing his experience.

Yes, hair is shorter on the second. Same phone with flash. 

My numbers are not wrong. I am just testing things that others don't based on certain theories I have and education. 

You can believe what you want.

Don't use it, don't try it. I had sides with 0.03%. I used a very effective vehicle for penetration. I had horrible brain fog. Not had it with topical dutasteride at all. I also did mesotherapy with dutasteride 0.05% (Dermapen at 2mm). No sides. 

I am only sharing my experience and you can buy this in many places even at 1% if you do your research.

11 minutes ago, mustang said:

You can believe what you want.

Don't use it, don't try it. I had sides with 0.03%. I used a very effective vehicle for penetration. I had horrible brain fog. Not had it with topical dutasteride at all. I also did mesotherapy with dutasteride 0.05% (Dermapen at 2mm). No sides. 

I am only sharing my experience and you can buy this in many places even at 1% if you do your research.

Ok first thing. Your T couldnt drop that drastically from the use of this drug. You clearly have an underlying condition or something that you didnt mention since you are on TRT. You are telling me that your T dropped ~40% because of the drug that blocks the conversion of T to DHT? Really weird. Second thing, brain fog side effect is somethign that builds up over time. Takes more than few months to develop. Saying that you got brainfog from topical 0.03% finastiride is like saying that you got brainfog from wiping your ass with the wrong hand

Sorry but this just sounds too weird and unrealistic.

Edited by Thisisnotatest333

I have no interest in sharing the brand or pharmacy where I get it. It's a generic drug. Just make sure your preparation is liposomal

Half life of this dug is very long. I only apply it every 10 days or so and apply 2ml which is a crazy and whopping 20mg of dutasteride!!

I think once I even applied 3ml. Still doesn't nuke my plasma DHT, it's higher than on oral finasteride.

Chemistry for you

Just now, Thisisnotatest333 said:

LMFAO, its FINASTIRIDE. You are clearly a troll. Stop wasting peoples time here

This is painful to read.

Google it. 

No wonder why you don't understand anything I am sharing. My god.

hahaha wtf dude. Ask anybody on here. Maybe where you are from it is spelled Finastiride. The name of the drug is Finasteride in English.

About low test:

Seven hundred men participated in the study. Of those, 470 (mean age 58) took 5 mg of finasteride each day. The remaining 230 men (mean age 63) took 0.4 mg of tamsulosin. The men were followed for up to 45 months.

Every three months, and at follow-up appointments, the men’s testosterone levels were checked. Participants also completed the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) questionnaire at these points.

Over time, IIEF scores declined for men taking finasteride, indicating poorer erectile function. This worsening of ED did not resolve over time. In contrast, the men taking tamsulosin did not experience any worsening of ED.

Also, total testosterone levels decreased for the men taking finasteride. This did not occur in the tamsulosin group.

“Since sexual function is considered an integral part of overall health, it is important that physicians are aware of the adverse side effects of this class of drugs on human health in general and on sexual function in particular,” said corresponding author Abdulmaged M. Traish, MBA, PhD in a Boston University Medical Center press release.

“Our study emphasized that the effect on erectile function is a serious concern and needs to be considered more carefully,” Dr. Traish added.

Experts caution that the findings should be interpreted cautiously given the retrospective design and lack of matched groupings.  Some results, including testosterone also are contrary to other published, randomized controlled trials, and may present potential confounding variables.  These all suggest the need for ongoing study to address this important topic.

The study was first published online in June in the journal Hormone Molecular Biology and Clinical Investigation.

Resources

Boston University Public Relations

“Erectile Dysfunction Worsened, Testosterone Levels Decreased by Some Drugs for Treatment of Prostate Enlargement”
(Press release. June 12, 2015)

5 minutes ago, mustang said:

hahaha wtf dude. Ask anybody on here. Maybe where you are from it is spelled Finastiride. The name of the drug is Finasteride in English.

About low test:

Seven hundred men participated in the study. Of those, 470 (mean age 58) took 5 mg of finasteride each day. The remaining 230 men (mean age 63) took 0.4 mg of tamsulosin. The men were followed for up to 45 months.

Every three months, and at follow-up appointments, the men’s testosterone levels were checked. Participants also completed the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) questionnaire at these points.

Over time, IIEF scores declined for men taking finasteride, indicating poorer erectile function. This worsening of ED did not resolve over time. In contrast, the men taking tamsulosin did not experience any worsening of ED.

Also, total testosterone levels decreased for the men taking finasteride. This did not occur in the tamsulosin group.

“Since sexual function is considered an integral part of overall health, it is important that physicians are aware of the adverse side effects of this class of drugs on human health in general and on sexual function in particular,” said corresponding author Abdulmaged M. Traish, MBA, PhD in a Boston University Medical Center press release.

“Our study emphasized that the effect on erectile function is a serious concern and needs to be considered more carefully,” Dr. Traish added.

Experts caution that the findings should be interpreted cautiously given the retrospective design and lack of matched groupings.  Some results, including testosterone also are contrary to other published, randomized controlled trials, and may present potential confounding variables.  These all suggest the need for ongoing study to address this important topic.

The study was first published online in June in the journal Hormone Molecular Biology and Clinical Investigation.

Resources

Boston University Public Relations

“Erectile Dysfunction Worsened, Testosterone Levels Decreased by Some Drugs for Treatment of Prostate Enlargement”
(Press release. June 12, 2015)

ah my bad, i thought you were saying i was saying finEsteride. Yes, thats usually how you write it on my language but you were right regardless. But thats not even the point. You still havent adressed the bullshit you ve mentioned about your T levels dropping that low because of this drug. You wouldnt do TRT if you didnt already have an underlying condition that causes your T to drop low
Edit: you didnt prove me anythign with this piece of text. There is no info in here

Edited by Thisisnotatest333

Instead of embarrassing yourself with your ignorance and not knowing how to spell a drug you claim to understand you should be happy for me.

We all here suffer from the same condition and I found something that works for me, it has halted my miniaturization process and I have not suffered any sides yet.

Does it make you jealous or angry that somebody found a dosage and treatment that works for them?

What a douche you are man. Seriously. 

Edited by mustang
  • Like 1

Just now, mustang said:

Instead of embarrassing yourself with your ignorance and not knowing how to spell a drug you claim to understand you should be happy for me.

We all here suffer from the same condition and I found something that works for me, it has halted my miniaturization process and I have not suffered any sides yet.

Does it make you jealous or angry that somebody fun a dosage and treatment that works for them?

What a douche you are man. Seriously. 

We are either having a huge miscommunication or you are a godlike troll. I m just debating your claims. You have claimed that a 0.03% caused a brainfog and sides for you. If that was true you would ve gotten castrated by topical dut. 

Well.

I come here to share something that works for me so others can look into it. I don't make a profit, I have no affiliation with any pharmacy nor drug company nor any other interest but to share my 15 year research and what I found that works FOR ME.

You on the opposite accuse me of being a troll, call my experience bullshit and instead of being respectful act like a full blown imbecile.

No misunderstanding here. You are just a cunt. Plain and simple

I hope whatever you use works for you and I don't wish you any further balding. 

What could have been an interesting exchange of information you just ruined. 

Goodbye.

Edited by mustang

I am sorry that i have been a little bit rough on you, thats my bad. But you came in here claiming this drug took 40% of your total test and how 0.03% topical solution got you a brainfog. Thats really a huge jump to the conclusion. I could bet my life that you didnt get sides from 0.03% topical solution, i m that convinced. BTW if you measured your hormone levels with ECLIA, then those numbers you posted dont mean anything

Also there are 5 year trials where men who took finasteride at worst, had a T level of a placebo group. Even after 5 years, people still have elevated their T by a small amount. The "study" you have linked has deleted resources and its impossible to find the actual study. This study is not present on boston UNI website nor the other resource path