I have questions. I'm completely new to this and I am really trying to do research before I get the procedure.

Most people here will say first get on hair-loss medication to stabilize the hair loss (stop your hairs from miniaturizing) before getting a procedure.

You CAN do that, but you don't have to. I will however suggest that you try. It's not like you'll get new hairs from the medication, but you can stop what you have left from falling off.

The real questions are; what are your goals, what do you want to do, how big of a budget do you have, and are you okay with traveling to other countries?

• Thanks 1

I'm 40 years old. Money isn't an issue at all. To my understanding, traveling out of the US is the way to go because here in the US I am understanding that they limit the number of graphs they will do in one procedure. A lot less than what clinics in other countries will do. Not sure how true that is but I will probably have to travel. So far, the guy I have my sights on is Dr. Juan Couto in Spain. But I know that they only put up their best results. So that's where the opinions that I seek come in. I want what everyone else here wants.... fullest density possible with minimal scarring as possible. 

Edited by sɐɯoɥʇ

Well, mate, we have similar hairloss patterns. Depending on the hairline you want, you would be north of 5000 grafts. Minimal scarring = FUE but if you want to maximize your donor area, you would be wise to choose FUT. Unfortunately, that comes with a scar. SMP can work wonders for covering it, though. I don't know anything about graft limits imposed on docs in the US but there does seem to be upper limits on the number of grafts moved in a single session. Lots of great value outside of North America. Don't discount India, South Korea as potential locations.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sɐɯoɥʇ said:

Thank you guys for the feed back. Any recommendations for clinics?

You should have online consultations with a few and let us know what they told u. You can try Eugenix INDIA, HLC Ankara, Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Dr. Koray Erdogan, to name a few. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

If money is no issue, there’s no reason to travel. Hasson and Wong, Dr. Konior, Dr. Cooley, Dr. Gabel, would be good. If you’re only interested in FUE, you’ll need a clinic with experience with norwood 5+. I’d consider Eugenix. I’ve heard Cuoto has a 2 year wait. Now, maybe that’s changed with the coronavirus situation. Idk. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

If money is no issue, there’s no reason to travel. Hasson and Wong, Dr. Konior, Dr. Cooley, Dr. Gabel, would be good. If you’re only interested in FUE, you’ll need a clinic with experience with norwood 5+. I’d consider Eugenix. I’ve heard Cuoto has a 2 year wait. Now, maybe that’s changed with the coronavirus situation. Idk. 

Thanks Melvin. Much appreciated. I'm looking into your recommendations now

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sɐɯoɥʇ said:

Thank you guys for the feed back. Any recommendations for clinics?

Dr. Couto is one of the best the world along with Dr. Konior but they both have a 2 year wait list. 

Eugenix (1.8€ to 3.6€/graft for surgeries with the doctor present) is getting great results with high norwood patients and they can do 7000 grafts in one surgery unlike other Doctors you were advised. 

Stay clear from ASMED because their results have not been good and several forum members are complaining of serious unethical treatment post surgery. A patient wrote here at HRN that Asmed told him he would have to speak with their lawyers if he wanted to discuss any further about his overharvesting. 
I don’t understand how people can recommend this clinic. 

Other great options for FUE are Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft) and HLC Ankara (2.7€/graft and doing high amounts of beard grafts in one day).

If you want to do FUT then talk to Feriduni, Hasson&Wong and Rahal. 

Edited by Portugal25