Dense packing recommendation

dobler

Hi,

I am after 2 hair transplants. I am now at a point I don't really have complete bald areas, but some areas which I would like to increase my density in areas I already have transplanted hair. Areas in the frontal 3rd that have less than 30 grafts per cm^2 (you can look for previous posts of mine to see some photos)

Thing is, increasing density can be risky and damage existing transplanted hairs, so I would like to know if there are any surgeons that have good resume in that area of dense packing, which you need to be very experienced and careful.

Thanks.

High density differs from one patient to the next, and more important than dense packing is appropriate density. If you have less the 30 FU cm2 in your frontal hairline, this is not appropriate and you would require a higher density.

To what extent? This depends on many personal factors. 

Considering your density of less than 30 FU cm2, a skilled surgeon will be able to achieve a higher and appropriate density without damaging your existing grafts.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

If the surgeon uses good magnification, he should be able to go in between hairs well, especially if you had only 30 grafts/cm2.

I had mine done 7 weeks ago and had 45 to 55 grafts per cm2 with an average of 49. I had done only frontal though. Also It's worth mentioning hair thickness. I have 51μm hair thickness which is quite low, hence why I need more grafts to achieve good result.

• Like 2

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• Administrators

Rolandas gave you excellent advice

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.