Good candidate for first HT?

• Administrators

In my personal opinion, your hair looks great. You’re definitely a candidate, I don’t think you need a hair transplant, but then again who does. For your level of hair loss I would stick with FUE

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my personal opinion, your hair looks great. You’re definitely a candidate, I don’t think you need a hair transplant, but then again who does. For your level of hair loss I would stick with FUE

I would be happy if my hair stayed simliar to his for life. Would you say hes a noorwood 2 or noorwood 3?

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

I would be happy if my hair stayed simliar to his for life. Would you say hes a noorwood 2 or noorwood 3?

Norwood 3 with god-tier density. His hair is not only thick, but dense as hell. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Veslthinez said:

Hi I’m 30 year old And been taking propecia for 2 year now. Wanted to rebuild my hairline am I a good candidate for hair Transplant? Is my first hair transplant should go for fut or fue

D5E93492-D19A-445D-9DA8-C1D36025AE18.jpeg

2F4E37DA-D187-4B4A-B6C7-74EE6DBD26C5.jpeg

2943FA4E-A064-4E9B-978D-C54734A86FE7.jpeg

B88FD41D-5B0A-4B77-96C5-FCEA11F53288.jpeg

This is almost exactly what my hair looked like in terms of recession and density at that same age - early 30s. 

I am now a NW 3 possibly 4 with a fair amount of thinning. 

another testament to the unpredictable enigma that is MPB. 

any side effects from the fin? 

I would kill someone for having this hair right now (I'm 28!).

In my opinion having this dense hair could be a potential problem. We can't possibly transplant as much density as you have naturally, so you might run into risk of having visible difference in natural and transplanted hairs (as you have very strong forelock) especially when wet. Of course you could have multiple surgeries to "top up", but it could't be a waste of time and money for such minimal improvement.

I would say stick to meds, prevent further hair loss and be happy. If you see it's really bothering you (again, I'm NW5 and I'm happy just to get my frontal done 7 weeks ago, more info in my signature) then you could think of HT with someone who has a good track record of dealing with similar cases with high density implanted (possibly implantations with Lion Implanters?). Avoid cheak HT clinics at all cost!

Otherwise you are a great HT candidate.

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

3 hours ago, yesplease said:

This is almost exactly what my hair looked like in terms of recession and density at that same age - early 30s. 

I am now a NW 3 possibly 4 with a fair amount of thinning. 

another testament to the unpredictable enigma that is MPB. 

any side effects from the fin? 

No side effects 

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Plan to go Bangkok to get it done by dr.laorwong. Any highly recommend clinic? I would go anywhere for my first HT