Hi Guys, 

I wanted to share some pics of my donor area 6 months after my surgery.

I had 3,000 grafts taken (so I was told). As you can see, it’s clear my donor has been over harvested (despite them being adamant it’s shock loss) I’m also still suffering from skin discolouration which isn’t helping get rid of the “letterbox” at the back of my head.

I shaved my hair recently to 0.5 as I will be getting smp soon into the donor to help alleviate some of the scaring.

Has anyone experienced or seen a donor area like this 6 months on? Any tips on how I can reduce the discolouration?

I had my surgery with dr acar at cosmedica. My advice would be to stay away from all package style clinics in Turkey. You leave yourself exposed to jobs like this. Turkey does have good dr’s. You just need to dig through the crap first!

9A8AF96C-5E85-4B2F-8728-0148072BC896.jpeg

663508DD-676F-461E-83CA-F042C2B01E00.jpeg

E9F8B978-4608-4DD8-AC77-620E8ED4A47E.jpeg

I’m sorry man. It definitely looks like a lot more than 3,000 grafts were extracted. Thanks for posting this to help other guys out and warn them.

SMP should help quite a bit, but it sucks that you had to go through this. Hopefully the donor will recover as well in a few more months time. It is a good thing that you are warning others, they are one of the few clinics that always show up whenever you search for hair transplant in Turkey and this will hopefully prevent others from choosing them

Hi Mr Sinister,

First of all, I feel sorry you need to go through all this. I know all of us are searching for more hair after a HT and not have to live with this. Hopefully SMP and some more time will do magic for you. 

I am also thankful for you naming clinic in this case. I believe both good AND bad results need to be shown for all to understand this business. Not every case turn out good and unfortunately you were having some unluck with your donor beeing damaged. This is what these forums are all about. Not only posting and cheering good results and recommending clinics. 

Have you been given some feedback from Cosmedica regarding this? And what is the status and result of the recipent area? Good growth/coverage?

Again, I hope everything turn out good for you in the end!

The discoloration is what stands out for me. I'd like to see pics of your hair longrer on the back

What is the clinic saying about this? Have never seen discoloration in addition to shock loss. 

Hey Guys,

thanks for the feedback. I’ve attached some pics of the rest of my hair. Some pre surgery and some 4 months post surgery. I’m actually really happy with the recipient area at the front, although I don’t think that is 3000 grafts. If you look at my crown area, you will see some tiny dots. Those are a few 100’s grafts they placed using choi pen technique. Hardly any of those grafts have grown. They’re just stuck in my scalp like dead grafts. It’s infuriating when clinics disrespect your grafts with such careless work.

anyway, if the smp works out ok, I’ll be satisfied because as I said the frontal area looks ok.

B9E17EAD-F988-4E26-B5ED-EEA80A15D387.jpeg

DF40AED9-5F37-4A5A-9667-3B18010CAA66.jpeg

3857D13D-CAE4-4E16-8F26-27D82696BD2C.jpeg

24BFB8F4-05FE-405F-A901-5B1DC4129B67.jpeg

B6BA2D8C-CF49-468F-A675-B97108BE2A80.jpeg

C5277802-8712-49F7-B5D9-9D35612E5E1E.jpeg

EF471A23-E9A2-4670-9DAF-B71E06CE7A2A.jpeg

D9FAA0B9-816E-487C-AB74-E433C9B48C3C.jpeg

951D380C-DB26-415E-B33A-C437BFDB2F2E.jpeg

17751EB2-F86E-4EE8-8C4B-996B4B7D7988.jpeg

B0633A09-56D4-4B18-BB63-E364A885A389.jpeg

7F669B7B-61B8-4711-A0A8-81CE91E03072.jpeg

390721E3-02AF-4D98-8FF7-96D413A07C78.jpeg

The reason I opted for fue was so I could have a fade - grade 0 or 1 around the back and sides. I’ve had to keep the back and sides long this whole time to cover the scarring which completely defies the purpose of fue 😡

So sorry to see something like this mate. I just have my fingers crossed that you could get SMP or a repair job in the future. Like your said, the growth in the front seems reasonable, hoping that it gets better for you in the coming months 

oh yes, @Mr Sinister unfortunately they have damaged your donor, even the Acar Cosmedica Clinic is one of the many mills in Turkey, I hope you can solve it, but I think you have to do it with an SMP.

Dang, I'm really sorry to see/hear this. Hopefully this is something that can be addressed with SMP. I'd give it until the 12 month mark to see if your body and skin naturally heal more on their own, and then research to "dig through the crap" and find someone who's qualified to address this with confidence. Hoping as well that at least with longer hair things will look better. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

My heart is bleeding when I see such results...

I've seen Dr. Lorenzo doing such repairs. He's placing grafts from around that area + beard to the empty areas in your donor and to be honest his results are incredible. If the hair is strategically taken from all around that area and implanted in the empty areas, you should end up with overall slightly less dense donor. While that's all theory, I've seen such work done.

Would be worth checking it before going for an SMP.

P.S. Your beard looks incredibly thick and strong!

Posted (edited)

Sorry you had to go thru this. I think your donor needs some more time to heal before doing SMP - especially since you're only 6 months post op. While SMP is not as invasive or traumatic to your donor as the actual graft extractions - I think it would be wise to give your body more time to heal, at least after 12-18 months.

Edited by home1212