Thoughts on donor and maximum graft. Am I cooked?

Dear forum members 

Would love to hear thoughts on the quality of my donor. I appear to be some kind of patterned (crown and temple) and unpatterend (thinning all over the head, but particularly the mid scalp) hair loss. 

I jumped on fin 1mg 2 months ago and understand it's too early for any kind of result at this stage. But am definitely keen for  HT by the end of the year.

My big concern is the quality and quantity of my donor. Not too sure if I am a HT candidate given the overall thinning and the area that needs to be covered. O have a massive head by the way... 

I am also eastern Asian, not very good density and have no beard or body hair to donate for a HT. Added a few pics 

20200320_165332.jpg

20200320_165154.jpg

20200320_165318.jpg

20200320_165223.jpg

• Administrators

It's difficult to say with pictures alone. Where do you live? I would suggest going to a surgeon in person for an evaluation. I don't see anything particularly worrying from these pictures. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin. I am in Australia and there doesn't appear to be any recommended surgeons or IAHRS members in the country. Most recommendrd doctors also dont travel to australia for consultation. 

What do you suggest as the best way to move forward? I am happy to travel for the HT

14 hours ago, squarepatch said:

Thanks Melvin. I am in Australia and there doesn't appear to be any recommended surgeons or IAHRS members in the country. Most recommendrd doctors also dont travel to australia for consultation. 

What do you suggest as the best way to move forward? I am happy to travel for the HT

Dr Russell Knudsen. Look him up. He does a great YouTube series on hair restoration. He is very knowledgeable. Can’t speak to his skill as a surgeon, but doing a consultation with him might be helpful. He’s in Double Bay, NSW. Good luck!

Edited by Fluffhead

• Administrators
16 hours ago, squarepatch said:

Given the global pandemic, it’s probably best you don’t go in person right now. 

I know a lot of surgeons are doing skype consultations. My suggestion is to consult with as many as possible, so you can get a good assessment with several professional opinions.

Send as many consultations as possible 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Stick with Finasteride and book few live consultations for them to check your donor properly.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.