Is this a scab? 15 days post op

Hey guys so I am currently 15 days post op, didn’t get rid of the scabs until day 13, the last bit was quite stubborn. The area is now red where the last patch of scabs were and a black spot to the right of that. It is quite red but seems there are hairs coming out of those areas so hoping I didn’t do any damage and that it all looks normal. I can’t tell if that the black bit is a scab because it hasn’t moved in the last 3 showers I’ve had. Any ideas? Thanks 

A8A161B1-61DB-46F0-BC11-DE3E25CCCDB0.jpeg

BFDA8E4F-B67D-4AC7-83D2-AA7CE2A2DA01.jpeg

4A454EC5-F969-46B5-9CE8-60963636424F.jpeg

Looks like scabbing to me but I’m not a doctor. When you shampoo, leave it on for 5-10 minutes then rinse well. Or soak your head in the shower for a good 10-15 minutes to soften them then shampoo. These methods should help remove it.

density looks good. Who was the surgeon?

I would like to follow your journey as well 

Maybe once the ugly duckling stage passes and I get some good growth I’ll put a bunch of pics up. Atm just stressing how to get this little scab off, nothing seems to be working 

Edited by Sambo

You are being a bit too gingerly.  Put more effort into it.  After 15 days you will not hurt anything.  Let it soak in warm water for a while and scrub away with the tips of your fingers.  If nothing works go to the clinic, they can do it for you.

Sweet almond oil is good to apply on the crusts to help get them off. It’s also good for the scalp to reduce the redness and won’t clog your pores. Don’t force the scabs off let them come off on their own. Did you go to H&W?

Edited by Sam818

Density looks great! I cannot ask you this question... did you get HT only for one side? From these pics it looks like it's been done only on one side! :D

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Haha no, it’s the same on the other side and a little on the mid scalp. Starting to shed now, Those pics were just for the scab, which it’s still there. No matter how hard I try to wash with my fingertips. Put aloe Vera or olive oil to soften it (was advised by clinic) It’s making me think it’s not actually a scab and possibly a wound? Hoping it will just fall off or heal.... eventually.

5D146318-B0CE-40B3-949C-8A2A2DF3F4E4.thumb.png.cff3eb2c7a70bb26617f4c08bc32e3e6.png

Just keep doing what was suggested above until it will go away. There's so much you can do right now.

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Wow you are a super-human! Just in 1 day healed donor area O_o

Follow me on YouTube

• Moderators

It looks like you had a bleeder that oozed out over a few other grafts and thus the scab lasted longer since the blood had to dry out first. It doesn't look like there's any other issue

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

You got wolverine healing 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.