kirkland

How many grafts would it take to restore my hair?

Based on my level of hairloss, how many grafts would I realistically need to restore my hairline and mid-scalp to around 40 grafts per cm sq? My vertex is still decent so I don't want to put grafts there. The redness is from SMP treatment a few years ago. I had it removed by laser almost 2 years ago but the pinkness is still there. My HT is going to cover it finally!

20200218_201246 (1).jpg

Depends, I would say around 4,500 -5,000, anticipate the crown being lost eventually. So, you may still need another procedure in the future, just keep that in mind.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

2 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

If you go for a conservative hairline...then I agree with Melvin’s opinion.

This is true, I was thinking follow the outline of the hairline he has currently. Lowering it will definitely require way more grafts.

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

24 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This is true, I was thinking follow the outline of the hairline he has currently. Lowering it will definitely require way more grafts.

Precisely.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

I agree with Melvin. I think 4.5k to 5k grafts would suffice. Are you on any meds? Have you had any consults?

Started fin over 1 year ago and switched to dut 7 months ago. 

Thank you all for your input. Would it be better to do FUT or will I get enough from FUE?

On 3/20/2020 at 12:10 PM, kirkland said:

Started fin over 1 year ago and switched to dut 7 months ago. 

Thank you all for your input. Would it be better to do FUT or will I get enough from FUE?

NP mate. I would do FUT first. How is your donor area? Do you have enough scalp laxity for an FUT?

39 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

NP mate. I would do FUT first. How is your donor area? Do you have enough scalp laxity for an FUT?

Yes, laxity is fine. I have been doing scalp stretches to help loosen the area. 

Going FUT first maximizes your donor supply without a doubt. If you go FUE, you’ll definitely need to do some BHT. 

2 hours ago, Rolandas said:

Go for FUT first. Maybe do like I did start first from frontal portion and on second surgery do the rest of scalp?

Thank you for the input. I have watched your Youtube vids charting your progression. Keep them coming!

51 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Going FUT first maximizes your donor supply without a doubt. If you go FUE, you’ll definitely need to do some BHT. 

Thanks Melvin. You are a great mod and I appreciate the assistance you provide.