Require suggestion for best for my situation

Hi I'm 29 year old Male, who has started to notice hair loss around 23 years old. Please see attached photos for my situation.

I'm looking to get FUE procedure done only on scalp, I could consider BHT also.

Thanks in advance.

Polish_20200319_211230632.jpg

Polish_20200319_211201125.jpg

Polish_20200319_211144747.jpg

Polish_20200319_212014770.jpg

Polish_20200319_211805820.jpg

Polish_20200319_211718942.png

Polish_20200319_211519330.png

Polish_20200319_212302426.jpg

Polish_20200319_212231952.jpg

Polish_20200319_212055358.jpg

I have approached some clinics including, Dr Keser where I was quoted 2000-2500 grafts, 4 days surgery. His staff has mentioned he does use magnifying glasses, I'm not sure if it's a miss translation, where he could mean microscope. As I asked if he uses microscope, he replied yes he uses magnifying glasses.

• Administrators

Magnifying glasses are not the same as microscopes. 

Are you on meds? You have a lot of miniaturization. Are you planning on restoring the hairline, lower the hairline? Where do you live? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This microscope thing is overblown.

All good clinics have the surgeon (and his team working on your head) using magnifying glasses.

Most good clinics have their techs inspecting the grafts under microscopes to detect sleeping multis. But some of the very best don't and still achieve great results. 

Of course all former FUT clinics use microscoped as they required them to trim the grafts after the strip. 

Anyway: This is not a Keser case for me: too large! 4 days surgery is not a great idea to me. 

BY the way: Donor looks thin too. You have to check this in a personal consultation first.

Edited by Gasthoerer

• Administrators

In my opinion, you’re better suited for a large strip and then FUE after. Someone like hasson and wong would knock this out of the park. I like Hattingen Dr. Muresanu as well, he’s also ethical.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

10 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

All good clinics have the surgeon (and his team working on your head) using magnifying glasses.

Most good clinics have their techs inspecting the grafts under microscopes to detect sleeping multis. But some of the very best don't and still achieve great results. 

Of course all former FUT clinics use microscoped as they required them to trim the grafts after the strip. 

Anyway: This is not a Keser case for me: too large! 4 days surgery is not a great idea to me. 

BY the way: Donor looks thin too. You have to check this in a personal consultation first.

Thanks, I'm only on anti depressants Meds sertraline 200mg/day.

25 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Magnifying glasses are not the same as microscopes. 

Are you on meds? You have a lot of miniaturization. Are you planning on restoring the hairline, lower the hairline? Where do you live? 

Hi thanks for your reply, yes I'm only taking 200mg anti depressants. I'm looking to restore hairline. I'm from the UK. I'm I right to think what you said about Dr Wong won't accept this or he'll do a great job? Sorry I'm new to this what do you mean by doing a large strip?

Thanks again.

Edited by bodrul

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, bodrul said:

Hi thanks for your reply, yes I'm only taking 200mg anti depressants. I'm looking to restore hairline. I'm from the UK. I'm I right to think what you said about Dr Wong won't accept this or he'll do a great job? Sorry I'm new to this what do you mean by doing a large strip?

Thanks again.

I meant if you are meds for hair loss like Finasteride or minoxidil? When I say strip I mean FUT. Going FUT first would be the best option and would help maximize your donor supply. Why would Dr. Wong not accept your case? I never said that. I think that they would be perfect. 

If you are absolutely dead set on FUE, you need someone with experience on doing mega-sessions 4 day surgery is a definite NO NO, someone like Eugenix Dr. Arika Bansal and Dr. Pradeep Sethi, check out their results on the forum. Also, take a look at Dr. Bisanga, and Dr. Reddy, he is one of the very best in the UK. 

View my thread

Thanks, my only concerns with FUT is the marks left for rest of life. And I haven't looked at surgeons in the UK yet as I thought they will cost more for the same procedure/quality in different country.

But after your suggestion will take a look.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, bodrul said:

Thanks, my only concerns with FUT is the marks left for rest of life. And I haven't looked at surgeons in the UK yet as I thought they will cost more for the same procedure/quality in different country.

Given this climate, and the fact that travel is out of the question, why wouldn't you look at some local surgeons? FUE is not scarless, you can easily hide an FUT scar with the length of your hair. Overall, it's cheaper and more efficient, and you get the most out of your donor supply. 

View my thread

3 minutes ago, bodrul said:

You can achieve great results with FUE, don't go to the UK and get butchered, if you are considering Keser go for it he is the best doctor in Turkey.

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Given this climate, and the fact that travel is out of the question, why wouldn't you look at some local surgeons? FUE is not scarless, you can easily hide an FUT scar with the length of your hair. Overall, it's cheaper and more efficient, and you get the most out of your donor supply. 

I'm willing to wait for the travel to open even if it's a year. I could save up a bit more, would you say that the doctors in the UK results are as good as hasson and wong ?

Hi,

I agree on that out of attached pictures this seems to be a planned well to get a good outcome. You should also look in to similar cases to get an understanding of what can be achieved. Also note that every case is individual and the results will always be differents due to donor/genetics/HT-surgeon and more. 

Can you get some better pictures of your donor in the back? I agree on that the sides look a little thin. You do not want to harvest to much on your sides because that will be even more noticeable than beeing a little thin on the top. Remember people see you more from the sides than from above. 

Key is to research and find what is best suited for you. Maybe first FUT and then FUE is best for your case and your expectations, Just as Melvin mentioned. 

cheers!

6 minutes ago, bodrul said:

I'm willing to wait for the travel to open even if it's a year. I could save up a bit more, would you say that the doctors in the UK results are as good as hasson and wong ?

Not close I would not consider anyone on the UK, H&W are elite

6 minutes ago, bodrul said:

For FUT, yes Hasson & Wong have been showing more succesful cases over the years than any clinic in UK. That is a fact. 

23 minutes ago, Suede said:

For FUT, yes Hasson & Wong have been showing more succesful cases over the years than any clinic in UK. That is a fact. 

How about FUE or both?

Edited by bodrul

Just put in a request in Hasson and Wrong, blimey they are super expensive. Let's see how many grafts they say. If I can't go ahead with them I'll the next best depending on the price.

But I want to thank all of you for the suggestions, as I didn't find any of these doctors mentioned above, during my search. At first looking at the reviews of Vera Clinics, I booked a flight, Visa and transport. But couldn't find my passport on the last day. Dodged a bullet.

Edited by bodrul

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bodrul said:

Don't listen to anonymous posters who constantly promote Turkish clinics, they definitely don't have your best interest in mind. Here is a fact, FUT+FUE will always optimize your donor supply. Can you get great results with FUE alone, yes, but you will require more surgeries, and you definitely need someone better than Keser if that were the case, he pretty much chooses his patients based on their level of hair loss. 

Your best bet is to have a large strip mega-session, and then finish off with FUE. Trust me -this is coming from someone who had a lot of hair loss and only went the FUE route. You don't wear your hair short, so there is literally no reason why you should go FUE first, it isn't a better procedure, and in fact the growth rate is slightly better with FUT. That said, Dr. Reddy is legit, check out @Deanomag thread on here. You can also check out this guy "life of steve" on YouTube, he had fantastic results. 

• Like 1

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Keser is known to use less grafts and acheive great results, look at the post below, he doesnt promote himself but he is the most expensive doctor in Turkey for a reason.

Thanks, I've seen this post. That's why I was considering him at first. Let's see what Hasson and Wong and Ferreira say. I'll keep you guys updated. I tried applying to Hattingen Dr. Muresanu but the website says my picture files are too big. So I'll skip that for now. I'm considering the doctor mentioned in India by Melvin too.

9 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I agree, I think the whole microscope thing is overblown. A few doubles in the hairline and nobody will notice imo.

in terms of the OP, I agree with Melvin. You have miniaturized hairs all through the top and I wouldn’t even consider surgery without trying to stabilize your loss with medications. You risk the chance of shock loss.

i also don’t think your case is best suited for keser unless you want to do staggered surgeries. He’s more well known for a slow, stick and place, minor loss doctor.

i would go with a clinic that can give you: naturalness, coverage, density, good donor management (in that order).

On 3/20/2020 at 12:03 AM, bodrul said:

This is night photo, right under different room lighting. My earlier pictures were the worst, as I just woke up either are under strong light or facing window with sunshine

Polish_20200319_235816554.jpg

Polish_20200319_235747834.jpg

Polish_20200319_235942387.jpg

Polish_20200319_235911562.jpg

Polish_20200319_235841849.jpg

Polish_20200319_235713376.jpg

You're hair loss looks very similar to mine (you have more hair, but hair loss pattern is extremely alike), and since you mentioned Dr. Ferreira I would strongly advise to check out my progress so far (in my signature), so you know how it would look if you would go this route.

As Melvin said FUT + FUE is extremely good route if you don't mind linear scar and whatever comes along with it. There's certainly + & -.

Don't rush and do your research!

Edited by Rolandas

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.