Postponing Upcoming Hair Transplant Procedures

• Administrators

I have been getting a lot of messages on PM, so I decided to a make video. I hope you guys stay safe and health more than anything.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Nicely said, @Melvin-Moderator!

This hysteria will dissipate soon, there is lots of positive news/happening out there that the media is not reporting on as fervently as they are on the fear...and I agree, anyone considering rushing or jumping the gun to get a procedure done now should wait because there is no need to rush and put yourself(s) in a position that you get stranded in a certain area unable to get back home. 

Im a optimistic pessimist 🤣 and I’ve been following this situation since early January and I’m willing to bet that by July we’ll all be in a better place and the beginning of getting back-to-normal. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, bismarck said:

Melvin,

I appreciate the sentiment but two weeks  ..> two months in a best case scenario.

Worst case scenario 18 months.

Well, if we all do our part, and really self-quarantine, the virus will stop spreading so quickly. I think we will have a better idea by April. The reason why it spread, is because it wasn't nipped in the butt. If we would've stopped non-essential travel, shopping, dining sooner, we probably wouldn't be in this situation. Hindsight is always 20/20. I still don't think making a decision is necessary just yet. We should see how this plays out.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 3/19/2020 at 2:19 PM, bismarck said:

Melvin,

I appreciate the sentiment but two weeks  ..> two months in a best case scenario.

Worst case scenario 18 months.

Two weeks was never a possibility. 

Two months is likely wishful thinking. 

The ripples will still be spreading outward at
12-18 months, I’m afraid. 

This is a crisis the likes of which I have never seen in my lifetime.  President Trump is juggling two fronts, I have even heard likened to WWII with Nazi Germany being the virus, and Japan being the economy.  This is going to be interesting with the Dow responding with a 3,000 point jump the last two days.  Remember the DOW reflects what they believe the future will be.  We are moving out of a Bear Market.   Some of you guys need to be logical - now is not the time for international travel, and you certainly don't understand the state of the economy of the country you want to travel to.  You could be walking into a hornets nest.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Dazed said:

This is a crisis the likes of which I have never seen in my lifetime.  President Trump is juggling two fronts, I have even heard likened to WWII with Nazi Germany being the virus, and Japan being the economy.  This is going to be interesting with the Dow responding with a 3,000 point jump the last two days.  Remember the DOW reflects what they believe the future will be.  We are moving out of a Bear Market.   Some of you guys need to be logical - now is not the time for international travel, and you certainly don't understand the state of the economy of the country you want to travel to.  You could be walking into a hornets nest.

It's definitely worrying times, I do know that Trump would like to open certain parts of the country up who are less effected. I think that may be a good idea, I really don't think shutting down the entire country is a good idea. I think some measures need to be put in place to assist with social distancing. For example, maybe having a limit on dine-in guests. Making sure tables are further apart. Having a limit on movie theater guests etc. Something is better than nothing. You are essentially stopping ALL revenue for the service industry. Cheesecake Factory announced that they will be unable to pay their rent for April 1st, on any  of their locations. You're talking about a HUGE chain, if they can't survive, then these small businesses are doomed.

View my thread

Melvin, this is a real juggling act.  Trump knows that he has to open at least part of the country up or face a Depression that could be more deadly than the Corona Virus.  I wouldn't want his job.  Governor Cuomo is in a similar situation.  It is going to be interesting to see what impact Mardi Gras has on the spread of the virus in NOLA, and really the rest of the country because they have so many visitors.  Mardi Gras should have been cancelled.  Easter is not until April 12 so there is a lot of time to spread the virus.  I know people ignore me when I post the Travel Advisory, but the Department of State posts this for a very good reason.  Having a full head of hair as you are lying in a coffin is not too impressive.  Visitors will say he looks so peaceful and I love his hair.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Administrators

Think about Las Vegas, the entire city is shut down, think of how many millions, if not billions that city will lose. If we don't open up at least some parts of the country, we will 100% head in to a depression.

View my thread

14 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Think about Las Vegas, the entire city is shut down, think of how many millions, if not billions that city will lose. If we don't open up at least some parts of the country, we will 100% head in to a depression.

I sure wouldn't want to be President right now.  Trump has to open at least part of the country.  The current crop of Americans could not handle a Depression.  Just look at the toilet paper frenzy, and push come to shove we could live without TP.  We can not live without food.  Actually we can survive a long time without food but try convincing the fast food generation that.  The longest fast I have done is 5 days, but it was easy.  I don't think you could convince many people of that.  They would invent a panic in their mind.  The longest fast I have heard of was about a year.  The more body fat you are carrying now determines how long you can go.  All but the very lean could go 2 weeks easy.