Dr Emrah Cinik 2000 grafts 11th November 2019

Previously had 2 surgeries from Dr Hakan Doganay total 3500 front hairline and 500 in the crown

I contacted Dr Ciniks clinic and was recommended to have 1500 beard hairs transplanted in the crown and to use my remaining donor area to add density to the front (another 1500). Judging by the price (and unlimited graft) plus the drs reputation I went ahead and booked surgery for the 11th November 2019 opting for their most expensive package (DHI)

Arriving late on the 10th November 2019 close to midnight I was a little annoyed that my surgery had been booked in for the early part of morning on the 11th (told last minute) but wasnt too fussed or stressed having been through 2 surgeries before.

Arriving at around 8am to the clinic I had a short wait before going into a consultation with dr cinik. I was a little surprised that after being recommended 1500 grafts for the scalp based on pictures the Dr only recommended 500! And after trying to push him to increase the number of grafts added to the hairline he wouldnt budge and said it would ruin the outcome if too many were added. I disagreed having seen my previous results but took his advice.

Just to add and this is an important point, apart from the consultation the dr wasnt involved in my surgery at all (make of that what you like).

Before and after pictures below:

Screenshot_20200319-152419_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.70396c4ecc8a6f92cde36b464e05849c.jpgScreenshot_20200319-152433_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.fd388cf58319749e3ac717af436fe6d2.jpgScreenshot_20200319-152451_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.601784a860f2a7421376aeff6a0f7bf9.jpg

After surgery pictures taken the next day below

Screenshot_20200319-152758_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.f24a7248e22af7f76e0ad05bf9e0ebf1.jpg

Screenshot_20200319-152758_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.f24a7248e22af7f76e0ad05bf9e0ebf1.jpgScreenshot_20200319-152711_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.63fbdd48fbd638e15d2e1d4ce06b87ed.jpg

Screenshot_20200319-152811_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.3d36a290968aeed55872c65c403806cb.jpg

Edited by XabiAlonso123

1 minute ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

Hi in the first post I've separated pre/post surgery pictures.

Yes, I saw, but my request was another, usually in Dr. Cinik's clinic, they take pictures even immediately after removing the bandages, that's what I would like to see.

3 minutes ago, Egy said:

Yes, I saw, but my request was another, usually in Dr. Cinik's clinic, they take pictures even immediately after removing the bandages, that's what I would like to see.

No pictures taken immediately after surgery only the next day... I guess because I opted not to shave my head it's difficult to see the difference between pre/post picture

Edited by XabiAlonso123

5 minutes ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

No pictures taken immediately after surgery only the next day... I guess because I opted not to shave my head it's difficult to see the difference between pre/post picture

ok ok, sorry, they are the ones you published, in fact I didn't notice because you didn't shave completely. 🙏

@XabiAlonso123 However, 4 months are few to worry about, regrowth should start from now on, so I know that hair regrowth on a scalp with scar tissue (due to other procedures) is different (latecomer) than a virgin of the  scalp.

• Thanks 1

How many grafts did you get to your hairline and temples? I'm 4 months post aswell . Your hairline and temples look good though , if I could eventually get mine touched up similar to that I would be happy.

5 hours ago, Cjf212 said:

How many grafts did you get to your hairline and temples? I'm 4 months post aswell . Your hairline and temples look good though , if I could eventually get mine touched up similar to that I would be happy.

I've had 3500 added by hakan doganay over 2 ops (1st op results were poor)

During this op I had 1500 added (for density).

Edited by XabiAlonso123

4 hours ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

I've had 3500 added by koray erdogan over 2 ops (1st op results were poor)

During this op I had 1500 added (for density).

Your story is all over the place. Ur first post said Hakan dogonay now u claim it’s koray erdogan? 

6 hours ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

Apologies wrote the reply in a rush, I've corrected the mistake I can provide you with a link to my previous post (for the 2 surgeries) not sure how to add it to this thread

Gotcha. What made you go with cinik this time?

16 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Gotcha. What made you go with cinik this time?

A few reasons:

Dr ciniks results looked great

Unlimited grafts offer made it value for money- although this backfired since the estimate was 3000 grafts and I only ended up getting 2000 which worked out more expensive than Doganay

Wasnt entirely happy with Doganays first surgery

In hindsight......

Maybe I could have used a dr that does all the implants himself rather than his technicians for a better price elsewhere? Results will tell...

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Looks thicker to me. How’s the scarring on back and sides?

Hi, for 5 months it's good progress yes. Theres still gaps at the back as you can see from the picture but aware the crown takes longer to fill out.

2nd picture shows the gap on the hairline which I still cant comb up (looks bald) but the hairs are coming through and I'm hoping once they get thicker it will give a much better look.

Top picture hair was combed down but the purpose of it was to show the side hair which was operated on.. I think it needs to be brought in more.

Donor area is ok but seeing as I've used 5000 grafts you can see dots, I'm thinking of having  scalp micropigmentation done to cover and make the sides look thicker20200416_113648.thumb.jpg.1ad0aa89e116a8e651fc1819b6b7d54f.jpg

Wondering if anyone has used scalp micropigmentation on the donor area? After 3 operations and using 5000 grafts I'm planning to have all the sides and back covered using SMP.. should be effective as I usually keep the sides back at grade 0.5 or 1..

Edited by XabiAlonso123

I think your donor area looks very good, especially for 5000 grafts. I don't think anybody would notice anything unless they were looking for it. But I agree, it seems like SMP is a good solution for donor scars

7 hours ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

Wondering if anyone has used scalp micropigmentation on the donor area? After 3 operations and using 5000 grafts I'm planning to have all the sides and back covered using SMP.. should be effective as I usually keep the sides back at grade 0.5 or 1..

let us know how it goes. I've read smp fades quicker in scars. i cant even see any white dot scarring in your donor, just an even density decrease that most people wont even notice

On 4/23/2020 at 9:42 PM, LonelyGraft said:

let us know how it goes. I've read smp fades quicker in scars. i cant even see any white dot scarring in your donor, just an even density decrease that most people wont even notice

Hi yes you're right there isnt any scarring, the SMP would help enhance the look on the sides and back (donor areas) which have had a density decrease.. also theres some slight balding (not significant) behind the temporals which happened after the 1st transplant,  I think as a direct result from the shock of hair being implanted around that area...

Hopefully the SMP goes ahead in the next few weeks after lockdown so will post some pictures up here...

1 hour ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

6 month picture update...

A little disappointed so far, the front still has a lot of gaps and the back hasnt improved much so far. Hopefully see improvement over the next few months.

20200506_164912.jpg.7a8d0049cd5dbc6da6f63c90ff17fad8.jpgSnapchat-1476630580.thumb.jpg.a8d072bcd71ee520676da3853f744bcd.jpg

Did you send updates to the clinic? What’s their response?