Clinical Trial Shows Efficacy and Safety for Oral Minoxidil

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Have any of you guys tried oral minoxidil? I was considering taking oral minox, a recent study showed some interesting points, thoughts?

Is Oral Minoxidil Effective and Safe To Use For Hair Loss?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I am using oral. 3,75 mg per day.

hairs color: i do not have any white hair on my head. I had something like 50 white hairs in my beard. Now I’ve less white hair and the ones that I’ve are “less white”

hair tickness: i have very short hair at the moment but i can say hair thickness has improved.

hair density: same

• Administrators
3 hours ago, duchaine said:

hairs color: i do not have any white hair on my head. I had something like 50 white hairs in my beard. Now I’ve less white hair and the ones that I’ve are “less white”

hair tickness: i have very short hair at the moment but i can say hair thickness has improved.

Very interesting, so you’ve noticed the texture has changed? I guess if your hair is thicker, it will cover more scalp which is great. Have you noticed any side effects?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

7 hours ago, duchaine said:

How long have you been using oral minoxidil?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Interesting study. Thanks for sharing @Melvin-Moderator! You're right, the side effect profile is pretty high. However, decreasing the dosage results in lower side effects and the efficacy is still there. I use a combo topical finasteride and minoxidil spray and have noticed an increase in density. Some folks have also commented on it too.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Very interesting, so you’ve noticed the texture has changed? I guess if your hair is thicker, it will cover more scalp which is great. Have you noticed any side effects?

Thanks god,so sides at the moment!

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 3:37 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Quick update.

i had about 10 white hairs on my chest.

this morning i saw they are completely disappeared!

• Administrators
8 hours ago, duchaine said:

Quick update.

i had about 10 white hairs on my chest.

this morning i saw they are completely disappeared!

I’d really like to know why that is, I wonder if it’s because the hairs are regenerated, maybe it brings back the color.

View my thread

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’d really like to know why that is, I wonder if it’s because the hairs are regenerated, maybe it brings back the color.

It is because minoxidil stimulates keratocytes and melanocytes activity.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1637559/

i can swear it work in real word!

Edited by duchaine

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 5:57 PM, 83mjs said:

I started on 5mg daily about 2.5 weeks ago

As for sides I haven't had any yet, but then it's only been 2 weeks and I haven't noticed any difference to my hair either.

Some folks swear by it. Dr Path is a big advocate and he wrote about it on this forum in 2010.

Hi mate, how do you split the 5mg in half and take 2.5mg morning and evening or the whole 5mg in one go? Thanks

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, 83mjs said:

Just 5mg in one tablet, with my fina in the morning

Breakfast of champions!

Who needs a bowl of wheaties when you got min and fin on the menu lol

• Haha 2

View my thread