Doctor Said I'm Not A Hair Transplant Candidate What Next?

• Administrators

I was asked this question recently, and there are so many different options out there. I'm curious to see what the community has to say, what your thoughts and input.

Doctor Said I’m Not A Hair Transplant Candidate What Next?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would recommend an in person consultation. The patient may also be a candidate for body hair transplants. Getting on medical therapy is also important. 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Get as many opinions as possible...in person of course.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Moderators

Something else to consider is whether there's an expectation issue. If you're a NW 5 at 24 years old and want a low hairline with thick coverage over the entire area then you're probably not a candidate and the Dr may be telling you "No" based on that type of expectation. If you are willing to lower your expectations to a higher hairline, medium density through the front half, and leaving the crown alone for now, then you may be a candidate for that.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Something else to consider is whether there's an expectation issue. If you're a NW 5 at 24 years old and want a low hairline with thick coverage over the entire area then you're probably not a candidate and the Dr may be telling you "No" based on that type of expectation. If you are willing to lower your expectations to a higher hairline, medium density through the front half, and leaving the crown alone for now, then you may be a candidate for that.

Great post, 

Young guys with aggressive hair loss tend to have unrealistic expectations. We all want to look like we're not balding, but it's not realistic for a guy who's already losing so much hair at a young age.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.