I just got a FUE recently, i got questions .NEED HELP PLZ

HRuk1989

Hi Hair Restoration community, I had a FUE Hair transplant last month on 27th February. They took 5,000 hairs from  doner area

Fast forward it's been 2 weeks and 4 days since i got my FUE transplant. The more days are goin the more I feel anxious. So i have a few questions :-

Q1)My scalp is always very dry. Does that mean my new hair transplanted will fall out if scalp is dry?

Q2)My scalp and doner area still feels numb. How long will it take for the numbness to go away?

Q3)Has my Doner area been over-harvested? Look at my pictures below

Q4) Everytime i rub the Fito cream on my scalp so many grafts fall out. Is that normal?

Further info

(My hair washing instructions by clinic)
I have to wash my head 1 day then next dont wash it

1) I have to rub Seba Med moisturizing body lotion on my scalp and leave it their for 30 minutes

2) Then use  DLA Derm intensive care shampoo to wash my head and doner area

3) Final step is to use Fito cream on my Doner area and scalp to keep things not becoming dry

Thank You for reading my post. I would really appreciate if you could answer my questions. God bless

20200315_172941.jpg

20200315_172714.jpg

20200227_175731.jpg

20200227_175712.jpg

inCollage_20200315_175835647.jpg

20200228_090139.jpg

20200313_204806.jpg

20200315_180447.jpg

20200315_163608.jpg

20200315_164428.jpg

20200315_164255.jpg

20200313_182601.jpg

Where did you go ?

From the photos, it seems, your scalp is fine.  I don't see any flaking - signs of dryness. First thought is check the ingredients of the shampoo.  If you see any class of organic compound belonging to the alcohol family, glycol - for example - avoid it.  Change to baby shampoo.  Alcohol promotes dryness. This, by the way, has nothing to do with the behavior of a graft.  The donor will dictate if a graft will remain or eventually miniaturize and wither away.  If permanent in the donor, it will be permanent wherever it's placed.  The follicle does retain a memory and will behave as if it was still in the donor.  But wait......you are not asking this.  You are asking about fallout...particularly right after an intervention.

During a procedure the doctor makes recipient sites.  By puncturing the skin, there will be some blood involved. Eventually this blood will dry and form into a crust.  Upon washing, 7-10 days later, depending on protocol, the crust will fall - along with the hair the follicle came with.  (This short stub is what the clinical staff will grab when transporting the graft to its new home). The follicular unit will be under the skin. 3-4 month later the new hair will start growing.  From time to time the stub can start growing.  This just means you are ahead of everyone else by 3-4 months but it means nothing.  This hair will eventually resume shedding - which is normal.  (You will randomly shed every hair on your head, (not all at the same time).  The follicle gets tired of producing hair and it takes a vacation.  The hair will typically return 3-4 months later). 

From time to time a doctor will go a bit too deep and cut nerve endings.  When these ends re-connect, the numbness goes away.  This is more of a nuisance than anything else.  

With regards to the donor being over-harvested, difficult to say based on photos.  Return to the clinic 6-12 months and have the doctor give you the answer.  

If you still have crusts, get in the shower and scrub away. You need to get this stuff out of your head to avoid infections, etc.

Hygiene is very important as bacteria can crawl into any of the apertures.  I am truly amazed you were asked to wash every other day. Who did the work for you?  At this point, WASH! Again, avoid alcohol and use some type of moisturizing conditioner.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice analysis “Lasercap”.  Well said...Sir.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2020 at 12:46 PM, LaserCap said:

From the photos, it seems, your scalp is fine.  I don't see any flaking - signs of dryness. First thought is check the ingredients of the shampoo.  If you see any class of organic compound belonging to the alcohol family, glycol - for example - avoid it.  Change to baby shampoo.  Alcohol promotes dryness. This, by the way, has nothing to do with the behavior of a graft.  The donor will dictate if a graft will remain or eventually miniaturize and wither away.  If permanent in the donor, it will be permanent wherever it's placed.  The follicle does retain a memory and will behave as if it was still in the donor.  But wait......you are not asking this.  You are asking about fallout...particularly right after an intervention.

During a procedure the doctor makes recipient sites.  By puncturing the skin, there will be some blood involved. Eventually this blood will dry and form into a crust.  Upon washing, 7-10 days later, depending on protocol, the crust will fall - along with the hair the follicle came with.  (This short stub is what the clinical staff will grab when transporting the graft to its new home). The follicular unit will be under the skin. 3-4 month later the new hair will start growing.  From time to time the stub can start growing.  This just means you are ahead of everyone else by 3-4 months but it means nothing.  This hair will eventually resume shedding - which is normal.  (You will randomly shed every hair on your head, (not all at the same time).  The follicle gets tired of producing hair and it takes a vacation.  The hair will typically return 3-4 months later). 

From time to time a doctor will go a bit too deep and cut nerve endings.  When these ends re-connect, the numbness goes away.  This is more of a nuisance than anything else.  

With regards to the donor being over-harvested, difficult to say based on photos.  Return to the clinic 6-12 months and have the doctor give you the answer.  

If you still have crusts, get in the shower and scrub away. You need to get this stuff out of your head to avoid infections, etc.

Hygiene is very important as bacteria can crawl into any of the apertures.  I am truly amazed you were asked to wash every other day. Who did the work for you?  At this point, WASH! Again, avoid alcohol and use some type of moisturizing conditioner.

Just loved your write-up. I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...