How to manage Hair Fibers (Toppik) and Minox together

I can't go out without toppik because of my extremely bad hair transplant and poor hairline design. I rely on a lot of toppik to hide the bad hairline.  
The problem with toppik is that it needs to be washed at the end of the day to apply minox.  
Washing my hair daily seems unreasonable and also after washing it for 2-3 days at a stretch dries it out really bad which makes it hard to style it with toppik. I've noticed that toppik doesn't go well with washed dry, wispy hair.  
If I stop applying minox to accomodate for toppik, I'll rapidly lose whatever little hair I've got. What should I do?  
Any toppik and minox users willing to share advice?

I've been using Toppik daily at work to cover my hair. The way I do it is I apply the topic in the morning, Wash it with Johnsons baby shampoo when I come home & apply as soon as it dries. Then reapply again later at night. I seem to find this works well, i've managed to gain the benefit of minox whilst applying topikk throughout the day. I also had the same issue, my hair would go dry after using shampoo on the daily but I find that the baby shampoo feels less harsh and my scalp feels fine. 

2 hours ago, Guano said:

I've been using Toppik daily at work to cover my hair. The way I do it is I apply the topic in the morning, Wash it with Johnsons baby shampoo when I come home & apply as soon as it dries. Then reapply again later at night. I seem to find this works well, i've managed to gain the benefit of minox whilst applying topikk throughout the day. I also had the same issue, my hair would go dry after using shampoo on the daily but I find that the baby shampoo feels less harsh and my scalp feels fine. 

Thanks a lot for sharing for experience. Do you mean that you apply minox after shampoo and apply toppik later at night?  
Why do you re-apply toppik at night, though? Any particular reason behind that?  

Edited by tressful11

8 hours ago, tressful11 said:

Thanks a lot for sharing for experience. Do you mean that you apply minox after shampoo and apply toppik later at night?  
Why do you re-apply toppik at night, though? Any particular reason behind that?  

Sorry I meant minox 😅. So I wake up, wash my hair with water if its really messy - apply Toppik then go to work. I come back home usually in the afternoon and shampoo wash my hair, let it dry for 10-15 mins, apply minox and then I just reapply again once I'm ready for bed.

• Administrators

Apply Toppik in the morning, and wash it off at night and then apply minoxidil. Why would washing your hair every day be a problem?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Apply Toppik in the morning, and wash it off at night and then apply minoxidil. Why would washing your hair every day be a problem?

Hey Melvin, as stated in my post, that's because washing off toppik requires shampoo and shampooing everyday dries out my hair.  

How do you wash off toppik?

11 hours ago, Guano said:

Sorry I meant minox 😅. So I wake up, wash my hair with water if its really messy - apply Toppik then go to work. I come back home usually in the afternoon and shampoo wash my hair, let it dry for 10-15 mins, apply minox and then I just reapply again once I'm ready for bed.

Thanks a lot. Do you also use any other products like conditioners etc?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, tressful11 said:

Hey Melvin, as stated in my post, that's because washing off toppik requires shampoo and shampooing everyday dries out my hair.  

How do you wash off toppik?

I wash it off with shampoo, but I recommend instead using dermmatch. Dermmatch can be washed with conditioner and it will stay on your scalp, so you don’t have to reapply. Now, this depends on how much hair you got. You need a decent amount to pull off. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.