Jump to content
tressful11

How to manage Hair Fibers (Toppik) and Minox together

Recommended Posts

I can't go out without toppik because of my extremely bad hair transplant and poor hairline design. I rely on a lot of toppik to hide the bad hairline.  
The problem with toppik is that it needs to be washed at the end of the day to apply minox.  
Washing my hair daily seems unreasonable and also after washing it for 2-3 days at a stretch dries it out really bad which makes it hard to style it with toppik. I've noticed that toppik doesn't go well with washed dry, wispy hair.  
If I stop applying minox to accomodate for toppik, I'll rapidly lose whatever little hair I've got. What should I do?  
Any toppik and minox users willing to share advice?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using Toppik daily at work to cover my hair. The way I do it is I apply the topic in the morning, Wash it with Johnsons baby shampoo when I come home & apply as soon as it dries. Then reapply again later at night. I seem to find this works well, i've managed to gain the benefit of minox whilst applying topikk throughout the day. I also had the same issue, my hair would go dry after using shampoo on the daily but I find that the baby shampoo feels less harsh and my scalp feels fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Guano said:

I've been using Toppik daily at work to cover my hair. The way I do it is I apply the topic in the morning, Wash it with Johnsons baby shampoo when I come home & apply as soon as it dries. Then reapply again later at night. I seem to find this works well, i've managed to gain the benefit of minox whilst applying topikk throughout the day. I also had the same issue, my hair would go dry after using shampoo on the daily but I find that the baby shampoo feels less harsh and my scalp feels fine. 

Thanks a lot for sharing for experience. Do you mean that you apply minox after shampoo and apply toppik later at night?  
Why do you re-apply toppik at night, though? Any particular reason behind that?  
 

Edited by tressful11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tressful11 said:

Thanks a lot for sharing for experience. Do you mean that you apply minox after shampoo and apply toppik later at night?  
Why do you re-apply toppik at night, though? Any particular reason behind that?  
 

Sorry I meant minox 😅. So I wake up, wash my hair with water if its really messy - apply Toppik then go to work. I come back home usually in the afternoon and shampoo wash my hair, let it dry for 10-15 mins, apply minox and then I just reapply again once I'm ready for bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apply Toppik in the morning, and wash it off at night and then apply minoxidil. Why would washing your hair every day be a problem?


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Apply Toppik in the morning, and wash it off at night and then apply minoxidil. Why would washing your hair every day be a problem?

Hey Melvin, as stated in my post, that's because washing off toppik requires shampoo and shampooing everyday dries out my hair.  

How do you wash off toppik?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Guano said:

Sorry I meant minox 😅. So I wake up, wash my hair with water if its really messy - apply Toppik then go to work. I come back home usually in the afternoon and shampoo wash my hair, let it dry for 10-15 mins, apply minox and then I just reapply again once I'm ready for bed.

Thanks a lot. Do you also use any other products like conditioners etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tressful11 said:

Hey Melvin, as stated in my post, that's because washing off toppik requires shampoo and shampooing everyday dries out my hair.  

How do you wash off toppik?

I wash it off with shampoo, but I recommend instead using dermmatch. Dermmatch can be washed with conditioner and it will stay on your scalp, so you don’t have to reapply. Now, this depends on how much hair you got. You need a decent amount to pull off. 


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×