Jump to content
Clark.Ethan

De Freitas - Why he only operates if you take Minoxidil and Finasteride

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So I just email De Freitas assistant where I sent my details and photos about me and what I would want to change in my hairline.

The thing is I had a hair transplant with Keser last year and my hairline is not so dense as I would too so I want to make a second HT. I saw some results from Freitas which impressed me so I decided to contact him.

Well, in my case I did not had any hair loss in my whole life(I was just born with a very high hairline and receded temples) and De Freitas told me that he does not want to make a surgery if I don't take pills like Finasteride and Minoxidil .Then, I clearly replied to her assistant email that I refuse to take these pills since I DIDNT HAD ANY HAIRLOSS in my life! This is ridiculous, what is his logic? Or I'm I wrong?!

P.S. My whole familly have full head of hair. Uncle, father, grandpa..

P.S.2. I would go with Hattingen for sure in July or August.

Edited by Clark.Ethan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got pics of before and after your surgery with Keser ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr S said:

You got pics of before and after your surgery with Keser ?

I’m interested in this as well

 

does de Freitas require that you take both finasteride and minoxidil or at least use one? I believe I saw vids where patients were just on minoxidil 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Clark.Ethan said:

So I just email De Freitas assistant where I sent my details and photos about me and what I would want to change in my hairline.

The thing is I had a hair transplant with Keser last year and my hairline is not so dense as I would too so I want to make a second HT. I saw some results from Freitas which impressed me so I decided to contact him.

Well, in my case I did not had any hair loss in my whole life(I was just born with a very high hairline and receded temples) and De Freitas told me that he does not want to make a surgery if I don't take pills like Finasteride and Minoxidil .Then, I clearly replied to her assistant email that I refuse to take these pills since I DIDNT HAD ANY HAIRLOSS in my life! This is ridiculous, what is his logic? Or I'm I wrong?!

P.S. My whole familly have full head of hair. Uncle, father, grandpa..

P.S.2. I would go with Hattingen for sure in July or August.

There's no law against lying to your hair transplant doctor. If you don't have hairloss but want to change your hairline, finding that your doctor of choice won't operate unless you take finasteride just tell him you're taking finasteride.

In saying that, do you have photos of what your hair looks like after the transplant with Keser? 

I mean Jesus Christ, you're way over-complicating things. Don't argue the point, say you'll take it and beyond that its your responsibility to do what you want. The logic is that he wants to maximise the appearance of his results and get patients who don't own thinking caps out of his clinic to avoid any patients with illogical expectations. Your outlook sounds reasonable, your response to their clinic however was very silly.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JayLDD said:

There's no law against lying to your hair transplant doctor. If you don't have hairloss but want to change your hairline, finding that your doctor of choice won't operate unless you take finasteride just tell him you're taking finasteride.

In saying that, do you have photos of what your hair looks like after the transplant with Keser? 

I mean Jesus Christ, you're way over-complicating things. Don't argue the point, say you'll take it and beyond that its your responsibility to do what you want. The logic is that he wants to maximise the appearance of his results and get patients who don't own thinking caps out of his clinic to avoid any patients with illogical expectations. Your outlook sounds reasonable, your response to their clinic however was very silly.

I dont agree at all, I dont think lying to the doctor is a good idea. Also I dont understand why is his reply silly? if he doesnt experience hairloss but only has high hairline from birth, he should just say it. I honestly dont know why the doctor insist about meds in this case tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"There's no law against lying to your hair transplant doctor."

Dumbest point ever. The solution is to find another doctor, not lie to the one he's considering. Jesus Christ is right. What kind of world do you live in? Is lying a part of your normal behavior?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 911fan said:

"There's no law against lying to your hair transplant doctor."

Dumbest point ever. The solution is to find another doctor, not lie to the one he's considering. Jesus Christ is right. What kind of world do you live in? Is lying a part of your normal behavior?

Care to explain what difference exactly that would make? He isn't going to take finasteride either way, a top-tier surgeon like Freitas won't operate solely due to this, but another likely will. 

So please, go ahead and bullshit your way through an explanation as to why it would be a problem. 

If you can't logically grasp why this is an instance where lying doesn't make a difference, you need your head checked. Spend less time looking for comments to criticise and more time thinking through what you're typing. Context clearly matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, karatekid said:

I dont agree at all, I dont think lying to the doctor is a good idea. Also I dont understand why is his reply silly? if he doesnt experience hairloss but only has high hairline from birth, he should just say it. I honestly dont know why the doctor insist about meds in this case tho.

Because the reasoning behind the doctors response is a standardised system that applies generally to all patients, but CLEARLY IN THIS SPECIFIC CASE it doesn't make logical sense. They're a clinic with a one year + waiting list and a huge reputation, they're not going to back and forth through emails about it and will move onto the next patient.  

If understanding how a business operates in this sense, or thinking that lying about not taking finasteride without a history of hairloss in the family, no hairloss and virtually no other surgeon forcing you to take finasteride is somehow immoral or bad for you, then you're probably not cognitively equipped to have a transplant in the first place. 

The reaction is fair to make, but give it a second thought. Like I said, "just say it" is probably not an option when the clinic has a year + waiting list and no desire to cater to someone who isn't willing to give them an answer they like.  I don't know exactly what OP wants to hear, if lying about something in THIS SPECIFIC CONTEXT concerns you, then go to another surgeon. 

Don't understand the kneejerk reactions, think it through clearly and it becomes much simpler.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t want to use finasteride and they insist, I’d select a different surgeon. It’s understandable why they would want their patients to use medication, but it’s definitely not a requirement in my book.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JayLDD said:

Care to explain what difference exactly that would make? He isn't going to take finasteride either way, a top-tier surgeon like Freitas won't operate solely due to this, but another likely will. 

So please, go ahead and bullshit your way through an explanation as to why it would be a problem. 

If you can't logically grasp why this is an instance where lying doesn't make a difference, you need your head checked. Spend less time looking for comments to criticise and more time thinking through what you're typing. Context clearly matters.

There isn't an explanation to be made. It is a matter of morals. You obviously have no problem lying to get what you want, some of us do. If you don't understand the dilemma then I won't be able to explain it to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 10:11 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

If you don’t want to use finasteride and they insist, I’d select a different surgeon. It’s understandable why they would want their patients to use medication, but it’s definitely not a requirement in my book.

Yeah.. I think I will go with Hattingen in July or August after this coronavirus calms down a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Yeah.. I think I will go with Hattingen in July or August after this coronavirus calms down a bit.

Keen to see your before and after pics with Keser - I’ve struggled to find many unsatisfactory results from him? Care to share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Second picture is how i look at the moment. As you can see I have a cowlick and in that area i can see the scalp...

Notice the thick grafts he used in my hairline.

 

Guys, dont go to Keser! He is not so good as everybody says.

IMG-20191124-WA0019.jpeg

20200325_215407.jpg

Edited by Clark.Ethan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Second picture is how i look at the moment. As you can see I have a cowlick and in that area i can see the scalp...

Notice the thick grafts he used in my hairline.

 

Guys, dont go to Keser! He is not so good as everybody says.

IMG-20191124-WA0019.jpeg

20200325_215407.jpg

You're not the first person to mention this, it seems he has a lot of anonymous cheerleaders on this forum. Do you have a thread? Thanks for sharing.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You're not the first person to mention this, it seems he has a lot of anonymous cheerleaders on this forum. Do you have a thread? Thanks for sharing.

Nope. I dont. I didnt wanted to create one. Maybe because I am lazy.

Experience was not good overall. I remember when he was making the surgery he was listening to loud turkish music, chit chating with his assistants in turkish, I felt like the focus on surgery was 0%. I totally dont recommend.

When I had the Skype consultation with Hattingen he asked me with whom I had the surgery, and I said that I had it with Keser and when he saw my hairline with thick grafts in the front he said: I was expecting to be better than this. Every surgeon, so I believed, knows that when you create the hairline you take the grafts from the back of the ear and from the nape because in those areas grafts are thinner... and what he did? He took all my grafts, really thick ones from the back of my head(donor area). One word I would choose to describe Keser: d i s s a p o i n t e d.

@jonnyalex can also confirm. He made the surgery 1 month before me. It was a fiasco for him as well.

Edited by Clark.Ethan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Nope. I dont. I didnt wanted to create one. Maybe because I am lazy.

Experience was not good overall. I remember when he was making the surgery he was listening to loud turkish music, chit chating with his assistants in turkish, I felt like the focus on surgery was 0%. I totally dont recommend.

When I had the Skype consultation with Hattingen he asked me with whom I had the surgery, and I said that I had it with Keser and when he saw my hairline with thick grafts in the front he said: I was expecting to be better than this. Every surgeon, so I believed, knows that when you create the hairline you take the grafts from the back of the ear and from the nape because in those areas grafts are thinner... and what he did? He took all my grafts, really thick ones from the back of my head(donor area). One word I would choose to describe Keser: d i s s a p o i n t e d.

@jonnyalex can also confirm. He made the surgery 1 month before me. It was a fiasco for him as well.

Sorry to hear that, Dr. Muresanu is a good guy, he's also very ethical. I'm glad you spoke up, because so many cheerleaders on this forum, they say he's the best, but I doubt they've even had surgery. 

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 9:49 PM, Clark.Ethan said:

Nope. I dont. I didnt wanted to create one. Maybe because I am lazy.

Experience was not good overall. I remember when he was making the surgery he was listening to loud turkish music, chit chating with his assistants in turkish, I felt like the focus on surgery was 0%. I totally dont recommend.

When I had the Skype consultation with Hattingen he asked me with whom I had the surgery, and I said that I had it with Keser and when he saw my hairline with thick grafts in the front he said: I was expecting to be better than this. Every surgeon, so I believed, knows that when you create the hairline you take the grafts from the back of the ear and from the nape because in those areas grafts are thinner... and what he did? He took all my grafts, really thick ones from the back of my head(donor area). One word I would choose to describe Keser: d i s s a p o i n t e d.

@jonnyalex can also confirm. He made the surgery 1 month before me. It was a fiasco for him as well.

@Clark.Ethan it would be great if you could open a results thread. I used to recommend Keser because of some patients here at HRN posting great hairlines but ever since I found out he doesn’t use a microscope during surgery and is a recluse from the HT world, I immediately stopped recommending him. Your results thread would be important because it would show he’s not as great as people perceive him to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×