FUE Hair Transplant Results - Dr. Scott Alexander, Phoenix, AZ

Hi all!

I wanted to share my hair transplant results with you all. I am a 38 year old guy who started experiencing hair thinning around the age of 24. Around this time I started to buzz my head short in an effort to keep the thinning less "obvious" when my hair was longer. I decided to take charge of the hair loss in 2014 and explored the available options. I began finasteride (1mg daily) and bought a 82 diode laser cap. This definitely helped to stabilize the loss. About a year in I also added 5% minoxidil, once a day at night. In 2016 I decided to "step it up" a bit and explored the surgical options. That is when I met Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix, AZ. (I live in Phoenix). Immediately meeting him and his staff, I felt at ease. He was kind, smart, and really helped me navigate the the options I had so I felt comfortable. I decided an HT was exactly what I wanted. My loss was MOSTLY focused in the hairline as you can see in my before picture. 

Knowing I wanted to be able to style my hair in many ways, including going short on the sides, I decided an FUE was better than an FUT for me. On June 13th, 2016 I made the jump and had my first FUE session. We harvested 2010 FUE grafts and loaded them in the front (about 200 were put in my crown in lightly sparse areas). 

After my 1 year mark, I had a dramatically different head of hair. I was happy. BUT I am a perfectionist and wanted more. I really wanted density. Going into this, I knew I would likely need more than one session with FUE. I mentally prepared for that. 

On January 8th, 2018, I had my second FUE session with Dr. A and he put in an additional 684 FUE grafts. One year later, I was 85-90% where I wanted to be. I wanted to boost density and tighten up the temporal regions. 

So, on January 17th, 2019, I had my 3rd (and final) FUE session where we implanted 837 FUE grafts. One year later and I am a happy camper. 

The before pic was in 2016 before the first surgery, and the after pic was last month. I needed a haircut, clearly ;-). 

I continue to use the Finasteride (I added 0.5mg dutasteride once a week based on an australian study), 5% minoxidil at night, Nutrafol supplement, 3000mg MSM, my LLLT cap 3x a week. My hair grows so fast now!

If you are looking to get a transplant, I cannot recommend Dr. Alexander enough! He is a class act and a skilled surgeon. He also connected me to Spencer (Spex) who answered a lot of questions for me along the way. I was never without support! 

The decision to go on this journey is a personal one and needs to be well thought out. I am beyond happy with my results and give two enthusiastic thumbs up for Dr. Scott Alexander. 

hairbefore.JPG

hairafter.JPG

• Administrators

Damn you've got great hair man. I'm digging that style. Did you happen to take any pictures throughout the growing process?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SkinMan1981 said:

@LonelyGraftyes! The graft sites were created using a custom made 0.7mm punch

What kind of hair pomade do you use? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Amazing results - though I'm mostly envious of how you're able to pull off longer hair like that! Haha. Every time I try to grow mine out, I get antsy when it reaches even half that length and I have no idea how to style it. It looks amazing!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

Dr. Scott Alexander did an outstanding job. I would also love to see more pictures.

View my thread