• Administrators
Just now, Tao said:

Yeah, thanks!  Its all good.  Maxmillian is either a troll or just completely clueless.  I have essentially a full head of hair and the illusion of good density.  Of course, I don't have my original density.  That wouldn't be possible.  Still have months of growth ahead but if it all stopped right now, I'm extremely happy, especially considering where I started mny years back.

I believe he was playing clueless to get a rise out of people. You have an excellent head of hair, and without the HTs, you’d probably be a full blown Norwood 5 by now. Thanks for sharing, I do appreciate it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had my third surgery with Dr. Konior on Monday, March 9.  My first two go arounds were FUT (in 2009 and 2010) but his time I did FUE.  Really had no choice because my scalp is tight after the two

Coming along well!  I'm at 4.5 months out now and I'm already really pleased.  I can go out in the wind now and have my hair blow around and its just fine.  That's fun.  I assume I still have a fair a

Don’t feed the trolls, he’s going around talking crap to members who have the courage to share with our community, people like that are not welcome in our community.

Posted Images

Thanks Voxman.  Its all good here.  I'm through the ugly ducklin phase and for sure like Melvin said, I'd be a full on Norwood 5 or 6 by now.  Cheers!

• Like 1
On 7/21/2020 at 9:32 PM, Tao said:

Coming along well!  I'm at 4.5 months out now and I'm already really pleased.  I can go out in the wind now and have my hair blow around and its just fine.  That's fun.  I assume I still have a fair amount of growth coming ahead so that's more fun.  Here are some 4 month shots (first two) and shots from today - 4.5 months out (last two):

4 months out - 3rd pass.JPG

4 months out - 3rd pass_3.JPG

3rd pass_4.5mos.JPG

3rd pass_4.5mos_2.JPG

Incredible. You must be thrilled. Will echo Melvin here. Your back is shredded. Goals all around! 😎

Thanks Fluffhead (great name!).  Yeah, I'm really happy with the way its all turned out.  I think I'm done now.  Funny about my back.  I never really noticed it.  I mostly run and bike but push some weights too so they apparently are doing something.  Hope yer good!

Amazing results, Tao. And for what it's worth, the comments from Max (and particularly how you all handled responding to him) provided a great learning opportunity for anyone new to hair transplants who stumbles across this post. 

Perfection and 100% density is never the goal. It's not reasonable or achievable. The most important thing anyone needs to do before moving forward with a hair transplant is to get super clear about what is possible for them and working with the surgeon to make sure their expectations are reasonable. If not, they'll end up unsatisfied no matter what happens. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, exactly.  I think Melvin does a great job on this site informing people of what realistic goals and expectations are when it comes to HT.  And that's important as HTs are a heavy investment of time, money and mental energy.  People like Max don't bother me as I don't post here to get affirmation. I got my HTs for myself and so that's all I'm concerned about.  But I think its really helpful to post honest experiences and results so others can see and learn about the various possible outcomes - both positive and maybe not so positive.  I feel fortunate that my experiences were all positive and I wish the same for all here.  Thanks for your feedback, pkipling.  Cheers!

Edited by Tao
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im really impressed with your procedure and progress, thank you for sharing! 

I was particularly inspired by your decision not to use propecia, as its always mentioned in relation to a procedure. Im fearful of using it, but feel some comfort seeing how well you look without having ventured down that road.

Congratulations Tao! Your hair already looks great in every way. Looking forward to seeing your results in the coming months to come! Thanks for sharing!