17 dosages of self made topical finestiride 1mg per 1ml

I feel like its working, fuck me but i shed way less. Something is indeed happening on my scalp. I m curios if something positively happens to the girth of my hair in 6 months. So far this is great, its not hard to make since i m making 5 dosages in advance and it doesnt really fuck up my hair when i apply it. 1ml every morning.

• Like 2

i have tons of "before" pictures so thats not an issue. Especially the wet hair ones. In 5 months i will take an after picture. I remember shampooing my hair and seeing just tons of hairs. Now thats not really the case. I still see hairs but visually less. Again, this *could* be the fact that i m washing my hair almost every day now, but yesterday i didnt do it for 2 days and i still didnt have much hair in the bathtub. I can tell that it slowed down the shedding.  Time will tell, i m looking forward to increasing the girth of my hairs, but my main goal is to stop the hairloss early.

I hold a really good ground with my hair at the moment. I will try boosting alcohol content from 50 to 60 and lower propylen glycol from 30 to 20%. Studies have proven that ethanol is way better for penetrating scalp and its less greasy. At the very least this is helping me reduce dht in scalp by some degree. I know that not a lot of people can afford to risk their hair time for this, so this is why i am doing this. I ll come back in few months and let you guys know whats happening

Also i would like to mention that i had 0 changes in libido and i know how to keep track of it really well. Zero side effects. But i stopped using dermaroller to reduce the systemic absorption. And i have no scalp irritation from it. It doesnt take long for it to dry on my scalp. Some people may have problems with propylen glycol if they are alergic to it

• 2 weeks later...

What's your DIY method?     The only reason I haven't done this myself is because I don't want to use minoxidil as a base.  The intense shedding is too much for me to handle, so I want to use a finasteride only solution.  I've seen people post online about using an ethanol / propylene glycol vehicle.    

Any idea where one might find a pre-made vehicle solution that would work with finasteride?   

• Administrators

You should make a video bro

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, Noodles123 said:

What's your DIY method?     The only reason I haven't done this myself is because I don't want to use minoxidil as a base.  The intense shedding is too much for me to handle, so I want to use a finasteride only solution.  I've seen people post online about using an ethanol / propylene glycol vehicle.    

Any idea where one might find a pre-made vehicle solution that would work with finasteride?   

Yeah there are already minoxidil based topicals out there, curious to see how else they make it

On 3/23/2020 at 2:27 AM, Noodles123 said:

Try to avoid minoxidil as much as possible. Minoxidil should be your last resort to fighting hairloss. Shedding still happens with finastiride though. Many people have reported it. At the 1 month mark i actually got a decent shedding. But that just tells me that it might be working. I will need few more months to be sure that this is working. I have done a lot of research about topical finastiride and most of the studies done on it were really badly done. The one that gave me hope is the one with minoxidil  where fin+minoxidil topical did more than minoxidil alone. 

The other topical fin studies didnt have enough info and were really confusing. They used 0.1ml and 0,2ml dosages od 0.25% topical fin which is impossible to apply to scalp so thats really weird. The thing that matters is the density of the topical in my opinion. Currently i m on 1 mg in 1ml of solution. I m doing this for 5 more months and then i will come to a conclusion if it worked or not. But i really did notice shed reduction, it was very noticeable in the second week. Will this work in the long run i dont know but it is promising. the problem is the nobody knows how systemic DHT affects scalp while on topical.

If you dont care about systemic absorption then go for the 2.5mg of fin per 1ml - 0.25% solution. Topical minoxidil gets absorbed systemically from 0.8% to 4%. So even though it doenst mean this is the case with finastiride, i still count the dose that even if i get the 4% in blood, its not higher than 0.1mg. Everything below 0.2mg of fin is not going to affect systemically DHT significantly 

Edited by Thisisnotatest333