Dr. Arika Bansal and Dr. Pradeep Sethi's potential membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators
Valued members, physicians and visitors of our community, 

As some of you know, Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal have earned a strong reputation on our forum for producing excellent patient results. The feedback we have received has been overwhelmingly positive. Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal, have been approved and recommended by the Hair Transplant Network for over two years. During that time, they have been very active on the forum, presenting impressive examples of their work, particularly with Norwood 6's and above.

We are now considering them for membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. This requires that they meet the higher standard of being able to perform, not only quality follicular unit grafting with excellent results, but have the capacity to preform large mega sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting.

This also requires the ability to do dense packing (as high as 50 and 60 grafts per square centimeter (cm2) in only one session when appropriate for the patient.

Not all good quality clinics have cultivated the skill and staff to meet these standards with consistently good growth and quality end results. Coalition physicians must also be willing to operate in a transparent and accountable way knowing that their patients may be reviewing them publicly within hours of surgery.

In addition, a physician must have excellent credentials and honors and be esteemed by patients and leading physician colleagues.

We believe Dr. Arika Bansal and Dr. Pradeep Sethi are worthy candidates for membership in the Coalition. 

Dr. Arika Bansal has a gold medal from the prestigious Lady Hardinge Medical College in New Delhi. She has published 12 national and international papers, and she has undergone extensive training in the field of surgical hair restoration. Dr. Arika Bansal is one of the few Dermatologists in India to be awarded as a diplomate of the ABHRS. She has over 3,500 successful cases of ultra-refined hair transplantation. 

Furthermore, Dr. Bansal has co-authored 'step by step hair transplantation' released in 2018.  Dr. Bansal also co-authored their patented "Direct-Hair Transplantation Technique" along with her husband and partner, Dr. Sethi.  She recently lectured at the ISHRS conference in Dubai in March of 2018, where she demonstrated her FUE extraction technique to her colleagues. Aside from her accolades and credentials, her surgical procedure is truly impeccable. 

Dr. Pradeep Sethi has over ten years of experience in performing high-quality surgical hair restoration. He is an honorary Professor of Dermatology at DY Patil University. Dr. Sethi was awarded the "Best Hair Transplant Surgeon of India" by The Hospital Management Show & CIMS Healthcare Excellence Award in 2017.

He has performed over 4,000 hair transplant procedures to date. He has created and patented his "Direct Hair Transplantation (DHT) Technique." Dr. Sethi has over 15 international lectures and presentations, the most recent being at last months Latin American Workshop in Cancun, where he lectured about corrective surgery and coverage for Norwood 7 patients. 

Their Surgical Protocol 

They use motorized FUE punches ranging from 0.8mm to 0.9mm, they create lateral slit recipient sites of 0.9mm-1mm. They perform their patented "DHT" technique, which involves creating the recipient sites first, before extracting the grafts- this is to ensure the grafts are implanted as soon as they are extracted. Their DHT technique improves graft survival because the grafts are outside of the body for a minimal amount of time. They perform ultra-dense packing with 35 grafts per cm2 being the minimum, and they can transplant up to 50-60 grafts per cm2 when it is appropriate for the patient.

We believe they have earned the right to be admitted into the elite ranks of the 

We welcome and value your input and feedback regarding their potential inclusion into the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Below are some examples of their work.

Clinic Posted Results 

Patient Reviews/Results

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin-Moderator  I can say as a patient of Dr.Pradeep Sethi and Dr.Arika Bansal that I fully endorse the proposal to include them into membership for the coalition.  

From my own personal perspective I am really happy with my experience with Dr.Arika and Dr.Pradeep, and I know from first hand they have an excellent team and a modern clinic with the best of equipment to ensure excellent results are delivered consistently. 

Melvin everything you mentioned in your post regarding the two doctors is correct, and when one reads it they are exemplary leaders in their field.

To have such experts of Hair Transplantation included into membership of the coalition on the forum would be very beneficial to our members and a great step forward to enhance the forum further.

Paddy.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thank you for your invaluable input Paddy, 

As a patient of theirs, it’s what we’ve come to expect. All of the feedback we’ve received has been positive, and even physician colleagues have given them professional recognition. I feel they’re a perfect fit.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hey @Melvin-Moderator,

This is absolutely right choice.I had my own surgery from Dr Pradeep \ Dr Arika and i am very happy with my results. I have already shared my experience here along with my pics.In my opinion both are genius in Hair Restoration field. Their dedication and commitment is unmatchable. Results they are producing on consistent basis is remarkable and what I like about both of them that they are still very keen to improve their skills and technique. Good luck to both doctors and i must also appreciate your commitment towards community by introducing best doctors of the world. So patient like us have more options to choose from.

Regards

Edited by ahmedabad_guy
  • Like 2

• Administrators

@911fan 

Great idea. I’ll reach out to him and ask him to join in the discussion. 

View my thread

Hi,

You can check my thread, there are thre strips from my previous fue if the hair are cut too short because of concentrated extraction. I was very scared about what might happen to my donor if I gi for another transplant. Post my procedure with Eugenix- it seems to be coming well. Zero percent shock loss. For the growth, I can only comment post 4-5 months( currently 25 days post op) but there has been only 10-15 percent shed owing to less time outside due to DHT technique and no root touch and the grafts are directly growing. I will attach my latest donor picture. This is only post 25 days. Do see my post op pics in my thread. As for the involvement, slits are sone by dr pradeep and dr arika along with crucial parts of extraction and some part of hairline implantation. I guess their success is more due to the excellent team and the assistant doctors are superb who have perfected the steps they are doing. The success ratio has been close to 99-100 percent which gave me the confidence of going ahead with them.

15842500072474734110489576030604.jpg

12 hours ago, 911fan said:

Should ask this patient if they should be in the Coaltion. Anything can be great until it isn't so what is being done for this one? The last update was at five and a half months so he is six months now. Some members were saying that the FUE's were to close and the punch was to big. Is that true? I think the clinic is to new to be considered. This guy also said that Dr. Bansal and Dr. Sethi weren't involved and that another doctor did the surgery. Does that doctor get considered to?

IMG_4141.jpg.07816cafe9522d102b2408e25c7

@Melvin-Moderator

i think a great point has been brought up by @911fan. A while back a thread like this was brought up regarding dr cinik. However, one of the main points was that cinik has several packages where doctor involvement is variable. I believe eugenix has the same type of scenario where costlier packages get more “veteran doctor” involvement. Otherwise, it seems like unnamed doctors are performing extractions or doing other parts of the surgery. Anybody, please correct me if I’m wrong 

5 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

@Melvin-Moderator

i think a great point has been brought up by @911fan. A while back a thread like this was brought up regarding dr cinik. However, one of the main points was that cinik has several packages where doctor involvement is variable. I believe eugenix has the same type of scenario where costlier packages get more “veteran doctor” involvement. Otherwise, it seems like unnamed doctors are performing extractions or doing other parts of the surgery. Anybody, please correct me if I’m wrong 

You are right, Melvin. Eugenix has 3 levels, or packages, of services. The most expensive is with Dr. Sethi or Dr. Bansal doing the planning and design of hairline and doing the slits themselves. The next level has Dr. Bansal doing the above only. The least expensive package has one of Eugenix associate doctors providing this service.

37 minutes ago, kirkland said:

You are right, Melvin. Eugenix has 3 levels, or packages, of services. The most expensive is with Dr. Sethi or Dr. Bansal doing the planning and design of hairline and doing the slits themselves. The next level has Dr. Bansal doing the above only. The least expensive package has one of Eugenix associate doctors providing this service.

That is correct just that first option has both Dr pradeep and dr arika while the second one has dr arika doing slits. Third package is other doctors but I guess here we are talking about top 2 packages because the forum recommends surgeons and not clinics

• Administrators
8 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

@Melvin-Moderator

The difference is the doctors are involved in all of their cases. Dr. Arika, performs some of the recipient sites, and Dr. Sethi performs the hairline recipient sites. Cinik did nothing besides the consultation. It’s a completely different scenario. Also, we’re talking about doctors and not technicians doing the work. 

I should remind you that another Coalition surgeon does the same thing. Dr. Bisanga, in his athens clinic has another junior doctor assist him in the work, and that’s how he charges less, but the option to go with him solely still exists. We should make the distinction clear between delegating to technicians and doctors, because it’s not the same.

View my thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Loadrunner said:

That is correct just that first option has both Dr pradeep and dr arika while the second one has dr arika doing slits. Third package is other doctors but I guess here we are talking about top 2 packages because the forum recommends surgeons and not clinics

Dr. Sethi mentioned that the junior doctors perform the majority of the work on the low option, but they are still involved in crucial parts. For example, he creates the recipient sites in the hairline, even in the low option. Dr. Arika is also involved in part of the recipient sites as well. 

I should also remind the forum that we don’t recommend clinics, we recommend surgeons. So, we’re recommending Dr. Arika Bansal and Dr. Pradeep Sethi individually as surgeons. 

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Sethi mentioned that the junior doctors perform the majority of the work on the low option, but they are still involved in crucial parts. For example, he creates the recipient sites in the hairline, even in the low option. Dr. Arika is also involved in part of the recipient sites as well. 

I should also remind the forum that we don’t recommend clinics, we recommend surgeons. So, we’re recommending Dr. Arika Bansal and Dr. Pradeep Sethi individually as surgeons. 

@Melvin-Moderator I commend you on recommending Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi as they are indeed getting great results at very affordable prices and I have recommend the package with Dr. Arika many times in this forum (also had to persuade members to stay clear of the low cost package by explaining why it’s important to have the Doctor responsable for achieving great results by our side during our surgery). 

However I must ask you to please clarify where it’s advertised that Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi supervise the lower price “Exclusive Package” surgery because they advertise that they have ZERO involvement in this surgery and it’s the junior doctors you mentioned that are doing the surgery:

https://www.eugenix.in/cost-of-hair-transplant.html

Also I don’t understand what you mean when you say that HRN now recommends Doctors and not their clinics because it makes no sense to me.
Based on that statement you will be approving Dr. Cinik that was rejected membership by forum members for having a low cost option without his supervision and all the other hairmills that have a good doctor giving his name and then have low cost options with no involvement from the reputed Doctor/s.

For this reason alone I can’t give my humble approval for HRN to accept Eugenix or it’s Doctors until we can see the statement you have written above under the terms of the low cost “Exclusive Package” option. 

I do hope they change the conditions of this Exclusive Package option because it would great for HRN to finally have affordable Doctors/Clinics in their list of coalition members. 

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@Melvin-Moderator I commend you on recommending Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi as they are indeed getting great results at very affordable prices and I have recommend the package with Dr. Arika many times in this forum (also had to persuade members to stay clear of the low cost package by explaining why it’s important to have the Doctor responsable for achieving great results by our side during our surgery). 

However I must ask you to please clarify where it’s advertised that Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi supervise the lower price “Exclusive Package” surgery because they advertise that they have ZERO involvement in this surgery and it’s the junior doctors you mentioned that are doing the surgery:

https://www.eugenix.in/cost-of-hair-transplant.html

Also I don’t understand what you mean when you say that HRN now recommends Doctors and not their clinics because it makes no sense to me.
Based on that statement you will be approving Dr. Cinik that was rejected membership by forum members for having a low cost option without his supervision and all the other hairmills that have a good doctor giving his name and then have low cost options with no involvement from the reputed Doctor/s.

For this reason alone I can’t give my humble approval for HRN to accept Eugenix or it’s Doctors until we can see the statement you have written above under the terms of the low cost “Exclusive Package” option. 

I do hope they change the conditions of this Exclusive Package option because it would great for HRN to finally have affordable Doctors/Clinics in their list of coalition members. 

HRN has never recommended clinics, we recommend surgeons exclusively, it has always been this way. For example, a doctor may work for a clinic, and we may like his work, but if he moves to a different clinic, we would continue recommending him, and not the specific clinic he worked for. We recommend surgeons, if you go on our list,  you will see individual surgeons not the clinics. For example, Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong are both individually recommended. 

I have been told by Dr. Sethi personally, that he creates the hairline recipient sites, even in the lower package, they may need to update their website to add that information. But I believe he’s telling me the truth. So you don’t want to accept them based on the fact that they offer a more affordable tier? If that’s true, then I can accept that. Although, I don’t agree personally.

I think it’s a good thing that top doctors are offering more affordable options, while remaining competitive with these low cost FUE clinics that delegate the entire surgery to techs. In the end, as a patient you still have the option to choose to have the work be done exclusively by the surgeons. 

View my thread

56 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

HRN has never recommended clinics, we recommend surgeons exclusively, it has always been this way. For example, a doctor may work for a clinic, and we may like his work, but if he moves to a different clinic, we would continue recommending him, and not the specific clinic he worked for. We recommend surgeons, if you go on our list,  you will see individual surgeons not the clinics. For example, Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong are both individually recommended. 

I have been told by Dr. Sethi personally, that he creates the hairline recipient sites, even in the lower package, they may need to update their website to add that information. But I believe he’s telling me the truth. So you don’t want to accept them based on the fact that they offer a more affordable tier? If that’s true, then I can accept that. Although, I don’t agree personally.

I think it’s a good thing that top doctors are offering more affordable options, while remaining competitive with these low cost FUE clinics that delegate the entire surgery to techs. In the end, as a patient you still have the option to choose to have the work be done exclusively by the surgeons. 

Im still a bit confused Melvin. This site recommends doctors not clinics. Ok.... and you make it a point where techs do a majority of the work for cinik. Got it... but what’s the difference between a tech and a “junior doctor” who performs the majority of the surgery? What does “junior doctor” even mean? An MD? A DO? A PhD? Someone with zero experience that just got out of med school? I’d take a tech with 10 years experience vs a “junior doctor” with 1 year experience any day. I think we need more clarification.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Im still a bit confused Melvin. This site recommends doctors not clinics. Ok.... and you make it a point where techs do a majority of the work for cinik. Got it... but what’s the difference between a tech and a “junior doctor” who performs the majority of the surgery? What does “junior doctor” even mean? An MD? A DO? A PhD? Someone with zero experience that just got out of med school? I’d take a tech with 10 years experience vs a “junior doctor” with 1 year experience any day. I think we need more clarification.

What’s the difference between a tech and a doctor, simple a medical degree. I would rather be under the medical care of a licensed doctor, if I’m undergoing surgery. The doctors under Eugenix are license medical doctors in India. 

I have been told that Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal create recipient sites in the hairline, while the other doctors create some recipient sites and do the extractions. 

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I have been told that Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal create recipient sites in the hairline, while the other doctors create some recipient sites and do the extractions. 

@Melvin-Moderator as soon as Eugenix website starts advertising what you claim from “hear/say” you will obviously also get my approval for their membership.

Sorry but here in Portugal we tend to only believe in information when it’s written in black&white by the proper authorities (in this case Eugenix).

Hope you understand. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 7:27 PM, 911fan said:

Should ask this patient if they should be in the Coaltion. Anything can be great until it isn't so what is being done for this one? The last update was at five and a half months so he is six months now. Some members were saying that the FUE's were to close and the punch was to big. Is that true? I think the clinic is to new to be considered. This guy also said that Dr. Bansal and Dr. Sethi weren't involved and that another doctor did the surgery. Does that doctor get considered to?

IMG_4141.jpg.07816cafe9522d102b2408e25c7

Hey @911fan! I am that patient! Thanks for bringing this up.

If I'm honest, at the 6 months mark, the donor zone is still not looking ideal, which I cannot deny.

With regards to my experience with the clinic post-op, I have been in touch regularly with Dr Sethi himself, who I also saw in person a few months ago in London too.

He has known from the start my concerns and we are in discussions about what to do next, for now I will be sending regular updates of photos on WhatsApp to monitor progress over the next 1/2 months. We will then decide on next steps, which will likely involve me going back to the clinic in Delhi, which I am happy to do. I can't be sure of what will happen next because we still want to give it 2 more months but all I can say is that this clinic cares about me and my results very much. 

For this reason, I am sure that Eugenix will do whatever they can to make me and all patients happy with their results. It's just a. shame that the extractions made in the surgery have resulted in this situation for me, but I don't believe this is common at all.

For anyone who is interested, I chose the second package 'comprehensive', with Dr Sethi who did the hairline + temples design (this part I am very pleased with).

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

We should make it very clear, that we’re looking at the surgeons themselves and their body of work. I understand there are some concerns of packages, which seems odd, since some of the world’s top doctors do not perform any extractions themselves, including some of the most decorated Coalition surgeons, and this lower tier package with other doctors performing parts of the surgery, including sites and extractions has been adopted by other top surgeons. 

Now, I will contend some of this information should be displayed more clearly on their site. I’ve notified Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal of this, but we do our community a great disservice to dissuade surgeons from offering more affordable tiers with other surgeons involvement. It’s good for patients and for helping other hair transplants surgeons who are learning. In the end, do you think hair transplant surgeons were born with knowledge? Or did they learn by someone more experienced training them. At some point, every surgeon must be given the opportunity to perform surgery on a patient, if the patient is fully aware and understands they’re receiving a significant discount because of this, I see nothing wrong.

View my thread

• Administrators

I would only choose the high option, as I have have maintained we recommend the surgeons work themselves. Now, I see nothing wrong with an informed patient choosing a cheaper option, so long as they know who’s doing what before the surgery.

Secondly, we select Coalition surgeons based on their merit, they pay a monthly sponsorship fee either way. If you truly feel that the work isn’t worthy than that’s understandable and we want an honest opinion. If it’s a no for you based on their results, we accept that. 

Lastly, we recommend all clinics on their results and ethical integrity. I’m not sure what you’re insinuating, but this has always been the case. 

View my thread

Dear Melvin,

Given the COVID-19 superbug, i have been superbusy with the task force, may the prayers be with all infected individuals.

But dropped in here to say that my experience has been nothing BUT WONDERFUL with Eugenix, both with Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal.

Both are HIGHLY skilled with exceptional results to show, beng able to talk to their patients, verify their results, so many excellent cases with excellent results on this forums and elsewhere.

THEY DESERVE THIS COVETED MEMBERSHIP OF THE COALITION.

I am sorry and my apologies that i have been so busy as a physician, but believe me it took me lots of time to find a perfect HT doctor...tons of meticulous research as a physician I am a bit nit picky.....but only one clinic hit all those points....Eugenix, and after meeting with Drs. Pradeep and Arika and having been MORE THAN satisfied with results which have been lifechanging.....I recommend them very, very highly.

I hope moderators and leaders consider this endorsement by a highly satisfied patient of Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal,.

Warmest regards,

Harin.

My Thread: 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, harin said:

Dear Melvin,

Given the COVID-19 superbug, i have been superbusy with the task force, may the prayers be with all infected individuals.

But dropped in here to say that my experience has been nothing BUT WONDERFUL with Eugenix, both with Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal.

Both are HIGHLY skilled with exceptional results to show, beng able to talk to their patients, verify their results, so many excellent cases with excellent results on this forums and elsewhere.

THEY DESERVE THIS COVETED MEMBERSHIP OF THE COALITION.

I am sorry and my apologies that i have been so busy as a physician, but believe me it took me lots of time to find a perfect HT doctor...tons of meticulous research as a physician I am a bit nit picky.....but only one clinic hit all those points....Eugenix, and after meeting with Drs. Pradeep and Arika and having been MORE THAN satisfied with results which have been lifechanging.....I recommend them very, very highly.

I hope moderators and leaders consider this endorsement by a highly satisfied patient of Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal,.

Warmest regards,

Harin.

Thank you Harin, 

Our experience is that their patients and colleagues who know them have nothing but good things to say about them. I believe this thread is reflective of that. Thank you for casting your vote. You’re definitely an “OG” first person that told me about Eugenix way back when.

Stay safe brother. You’re doing gods work firsthand with this COVID madness 🙏🏼

View my thread

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, squarepatch said:

Would be great if more former patients provide their thoughts and input here. I see a lot of threads regarding these two doctors recently, much more so than previously. Hope we get some honest and frank feedback 

Did you check the comments? Most of them are former patients with threads here. 

• Like 1

View my thread

And just to add...the sites own description of coalition surgeons states:

“Coalition members are carefully reviewed by patients and their colleagues and are granted membership strictly based on their high level of integrity, skill, patient results and ability to perform ultra refined follicular unit transplantation. They have a proven and documented history of excellent patient results, which are critically reviewed by the world's largest and most respected patient community - the Hair Restoration Network.”

So...where are the reviews from their colleagues?