Please help with choice of doctor!!!!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bodrul said:

@Portugal25 Thanks, for your reply, really appreciate it guys.  I will avoid Dr Keser and approach Dr Ferreira for the moment, unless someone can suggest someone better.  

What are your goals? You should start your own thread. Do you need a mega session with BHT? Do you need just the hairline done? 

Also, there’s a distinction between the cheapest and the best. In many regards, Dr. Konior, Hasson and Wong, Dr. Gabel, Dr. Rahal, etc, are considered the best, but obviously they will be more expensive. 

Dr. Keser, doesn’t use microscopes and a member here complained of multiples in his hairline. For that reason alone, I’d strike him off the list. 

Dr. Ferreira is good, solid, but I personally don’t think he matches up to the other names I mentioned, at least not yet. That said, I can see him becoming one of the top in due time. He still needs more patient reviews, he’s getting there though. 

So again, I would suggest posting a separate thread and include your goals, hair loss pictures and we’ll be better to answer your question. There are better surgeons for certain scenarios. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Keser, doesn’t use microscopes and a member here complained of multiples in his hairline. For that reason alone, I’d strike him off the list. 

A member who went to Keser  complained of multiples in his hairlines while I have seen 5-6 posts about patients of Asmed complaining about multiples in their hairlines but I haven't seen you strike him off your list.. Keser is in a different league on his own, only dumb people would recommend someone like Rahal over Keser..

• Like 1

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

A member who went to Keser  complained of multiples in his hairlines while I have seen 5-6 posts about patients of Asmed complaining about multiples in their hairlines but I haven't seen you strike him off your list.. Keser is in a different league on his own, only dumb people would recommend someone like Rahal over Keser..

Ah yes the anonymous Turkish doctor cheerleader strikes again. Rahal has a long history of providing excellent results with literally hundreds of real patient reviews on here. But okay, sure your Turkish doctor that doesn’t even use microscopes is in a league on his own 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 1:45 PM, Portugal25 said:

@scottmac910 I have to be honest with you and tell you that your list is full of low cost hairmills. ...

I’m not found of pre-made slits because once the hole is opened it starts closing ... The bigger the hole/slit and the more difficult the recovery and less chance of a great result….

@Portugal25gave you good advice. Do not go to a hair mill. Maybe your friends hat good results with a hairmill by chance or maybe you are not expereinced enough to judge the result. Who knows? But I do know that one has just one head of hair.

The only thing I do not agree with @Portugal25 is the view on DHI: I do not think it is in general better than pre made slits. It is better suited for certain types of surgery and pre-made slits are better for others. Examples as counter arguments: Scaring from a clean slits via blades is much less than from the holes produced by an implanter. The loading of the implanter can also lead to stress on the grafts.

It is important understand what @Melvin-Moderator mentioned_: There is only the best clinic for you particular case. Without knowing your case it is hard to recommend a clinic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Rahal has a long history of providing excellent results with literally hundreds of real patient reviews on here. But okay, sure your Turkish doctor that doesn’t even use microscopes is in a league on his own 👍🏼

Rahal hasn't been consistent for a while, I can show you multiple cases like the one below posted lately, below average results at best, also stop being ignorant I couldn't care less where people go..

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

@Portugal25gave you good advice. Do not go to a hair mill. Maybe your friends hat good results with a hairmill by chance or maybe you are not expereinced enough to judge the result. Who knows? But I do know that one has just one head of hair.

The only thing I do not agree with @Portugal25 is the view on DHI: I do not think it is in general better than pre made slits. It is better suited for certain types of surgery and pre-made slits are better for others. Examples as counter arguments: Scaring from a clean slits via blades is much less than from the holes produced by an implanter. The loading of the implanter can also lead to stress on the grafts.

It is important understand what @Melvin-Moderator mentioned_: There is only the best clinic for you particular case. Without knowing your case it is hard to recommend a clinic.

@Gasthoerer I totally agree that DHI may not be for everyone because some people are actually better suited for FUT but I can’t see advantage of pre-made slits versus stick&place.
Pre-made slits start to close immediately after being opened and accumulate fat&blood this means the hole/slit has to be wider than doing the surgery with stick&place that also uses the same blade but it’s 1 slit opened and 1 graft inserted at a time thus reducing the size of the hole/slit.

This is why Dr. Raymond Konior one of the best in the world does stick&place.

For DHI like you told me, it’s the best and the only technique I would chose for a HT without shaving. 

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Rahal hasn't been consistent for a while, I can show you multiple cases like the one below posted lately, below average results at best, also stop being ignorant I couldn't care less where people go..

He has one of the largest track records on the entire forum. I can pull up dozens of real patients of his, including Portugal25. You don't care where people go, yet you only refer people to Turkish doctors, yea okay. 

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

He has one of the largest track records on the entire forum. I can pull up dozens of real patients of his, including Portugal25. You don't care where people go, yet you only refer people to Turkish doctors, yea okay. 

@Melvin-Moderator I think Rahal is the best for doing FUT hairlines and he gave me a great results from my FUT hair transplant. 
Today he is only doing FUE and like @Abi28 stated the recent results aren’t overwhelming and surely not on the same level as Konior or Couto. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

@Melvin-Moderator I think Rahal is the best for doing FUT hairlines and he gave me a great results from my FUT hair transplant. 
Today he is only doing FUE and like @Abi28 stated the recent results aren’t overwhelming and surely not on the same level as Konior or Couto. 

Who told you he isn't doing FUT? I haven't heard this at all, I would be weary of hearsay. I have noticed on the forum, if you repeat something a few times, it becomes the truth. Now, every surgeon has bad results, if you look far enough, you will see them. Well, maybe not Cuoto, since I don't really see any patient reviews, but those who have a lot of patient reviews will have some unhappy patients. But the fact of the matter is that Rahal, has over a decade worth of excellent patient results, way more than any of these "flavor of the week" surgeons. To say he's no longer elite, because of a few unhappy patients just isn't fair or true in my opinion. 

View my thread

5 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@bodrul after learning that Dr. Keser doesn’t use a microscope during his surgery I can’t recommend him anymore. 
@Melvin-Moderator is very right in advising you to refrain from traveling at this time. 
I wouldn’t book anything for 2020.

Just got a reply from Dr Keser's team that he uses magnifying glasses for surgery. I'm not if that makes a difference, as I think he does the whole surgery. Does Dr Ferreira do the whole surgery?

@Melvin-Moderator so Rahal is still doing FUT?! Thats great news! I did find it odd that he would stop doing FUT when he was among the best in the world for this technique. 
For FUE I do think that are better and more affordable options. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bodrul said:

Just got a reply from Dr Keser's team that he uses magnifying glasses for surgery. I'm not if that makes a difference, as I think he does the whole surgery. Does Dr Ferreira do the whole surgery?

Keser and Ferreira both do the whole surgery and both only operate on 1 patient per day.

Keser does stick&place and Ferreira does DHI.

Don’t know what they mean by magnifying lenses. A surgeon should use a microscope during surgery so he can see which grafts to extract and properly implant the grafts. 

Edited by Portugal25

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What are your goals? You should start your own thread. Do you need a mega session with BHT? Do you need just the hairline done? 

Also, there’s a distinction between the cheapest and the best. In many regards, Dr. Konior, Hasson and Wong, Dr. Gabel, Dr. Rahal, etc, are considered the best, but obviously they will be more expensive. 

Dr. Ferreira is good, solid, but I personally don’t think he matches up to the other names I mentioned, at least not yet. That said, I can see him becoming one of the top in due time. He still needs more patient reviews, he’s getting there though. 

So again, I would suggest posting a separate thread and include your goals, hair loss pictures and we’ll be better to answer your question. There are better surgeons for certain scenarios. 

Thanks for the suggestion will upload pictures, and information so I can get suggestions.

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Please see 

• 3 months later...

You should definitely stay away from "nice price" clinics as others suggested here.

Only aim for a clinic that do procedures follow by USA protocols, microscopes use is a must! How you will divide the hair groups professionally without it?!

Check out my story, first HT by low cost clinic, 2nd HT by pro level clinic

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Hey Scott

Don’t mind them lads saying keser is no good. He definitely is I have seen loads of good results from him !! Does only one patient a day and only does 600 grafts a day. HLC are also very good clinic. . Also check out Fue  capiliar they seem to be Doing good work in turkey only do one patient a day. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/13/2020 at 12:38 AM, rroonnn212 said:

How about Dr ilker apaydin?

Why you didn't discuss about him?

I know that he is doing the whole surgery and have a lot of reviews in realself site.

Hi, I had a HT with Dr. Ilker Apaydin in June 2021.

He does NOT do the "whole surgery." He only does the incisions. 

His website falsely claims he does the whole surgery, but when you call to book an appointment, he admits that his nurses/techs do most of the surgery (extractions/ implantations). 

But he smooth talks you into booking anyway b/c he tells you that the extractions are the "easy" part of the surgery. That is NOT true.

Extractions determine how well the donor zone will look (clean or patchy?), the density in your recipient zone (b/c if the grafts are not properly extracted, they won't survive), and the naturalness of your hairline (b/c grafts must be separated into singles/doubles/triples to ensure only singles are used along the edge of the hairline). 

In my case, Dr. Apaydin's clinic butchered everything (you can see my review w/photos in the link below). They ripped a bald spot in my donor zone. Only around 30% of grafts survived b/c they damaged most grafts in the extraction phase. They even implanted doubles/triples along the edge of my hairline for that notorious "pluggy" look. Lastly, the directions/angles of my transplanted hair do not flow with the pre-existing natural hair. 

As for RealSelf reviews, Dr. Apaydin's clinic pesters you to write a good review immediately after surgery - before you see any results. I decided to wait 6-months to check my results before writing any review. And I'm glad I waited b/c the results are disastrous. Now I know why they want your good review immediately....

If you scroll through the RealSelf reviews, you will see that almost all reviews are immediately post-op:

"The clinic is modern."

"I felt safe."

"Dr. Apaydin seems competent."

"The coordinator answers all my questions." 

"The lunch was delicious." 

"They put me up in a beautiful hotel!" 

These types of comments.

In short, the clinic distorts the meaning of the reviews by having patients write good reviews of the "experience" immediately post-op. 

This deceives a lot of people even though people read reviews b/c they want to know whether the doctor is "skilled" or not at giving patients good results.

I was one of those deceived. That's why I'm trying to warn other guys about this doctor's flashy marketing.

He's not skilled.

He's not dedicated to his patients.

Unless by accident, you won't get a good outcome. 

Don't rely on luck. Do your research.

I didn't do enough research before booking my HT, but I should have...