Please help with choice of doctor!!!!

Hi all. I am (probably like every other patient) torn between multiple doctors and clinics. Any help would be appreciated as I don’t want to make bad choices (which I have a habit of doing) 

so far I am looking at:

Aek

transes

smile(Dr erdogan)

e&s tetik(this one I would love information on as I like the idea of locals using them.)

Vera clinic

clinic center

longevita 

dr apaydin

Dr melik kulachi (transmed)

drt (dr tayfun oguzoglu)

Dr cinik 

i amevery time I speak to each one I lean towards them then speak to another and completely have my head turned.
please help with any info or people to stay well clear of.

many rhanks

@scottmac910 I have to be honest with you and tell you that your list is full of low cost hairmills. The only option on your list that is not a hairmill and has good results from real patients (on the Turkish forum) are the two nurses Esma&Serkan Tetik but they are not Doctors they are nurses implanting with DHI technique in a rented operating room at a local hospital. Turkish minimum wage is 200 bucks per month so they can`t really afford the elite surgeons like HLC, Pekiner or Keser and end up haviong to go to good Nurses like E&S or take the risk at a local hairmill.

If you want a low cost option go to Dr. Arika at Eugenix (1.8€/graft) as they have a world class technique "DHT" in which the grafts are extracted and immediatly implanted into pre-made holes/slits.

If you can afford to spend a bit more money go to Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft) he uses DHI like E&S and operates on just 1 patient per day.

Dr. Demirsoy is the cheapest at 1.25€/graft and also operates on just 1 patient per day but he also does pre-made hole/slits and then has techs implant the grafts. Therefore, he can implant up to 4000 grafts in one day while Dr. Bruno is limited to 2000 grafts per day due to a more precise technique DHI.

I’m not found of pre-made slits because once the hole is opened it starts closing and accumulating blood and fat meaning that the holes have to be bigger if they are staying open for hours while the techs and doctor implant 4000 grafts. The bigger the hole/slit and the more difficult the recovery and less chance of a great result. It´s for this reason that a FUE Icon like Dr. Konior uses stick&place and the FUE genious Dr. Juan Couto uses DHI.

I urge to go with one of these 3 great and affordable Doctors (with a preference for Dr. Bruno) rather than your list of low cost hairmills.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, scottmac910 said:

@Portugal25 I have to be honest though I know 3 people who have been 1 to Longevita and 2 to clinic center and they have done a good job I must admit. I suppose it is luck of the draw

@Scott those clinics have tech teams doing surgeries so your results depend on you being lucky and being assigned a good tech team on the day of your surgery.

A tech is not a Doctor nor a Nurse it`s a technician that could have been washing dishes the month before doing your surgery.

This is why Turkey is the world capital for botched hair transplants but yes some people can get lucky. Are you really willing to risk a permanent surgery that will deplete your donor area hoping you will also get lucky like your friends?

This is not like buying a car that you can trade after a few years, this is a permanent surgery and your donor area is limited so every graft is precious and needs to used in the best way possible! 

Save up and chose a good Doctor.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

Out of everyone you have mentioned Cinik would be the best option, but even with him it is the luck of the draw. You should ask questions and that will help narrow things down. For example, I asked Cinik's clinic if they use microscopes or something similar to pick out single grafts for the hairline and they ignored that question but answered the other two in the email. There had been cases where the technicians put multiple grafts at the front of the hairline making it look unnatural. I would consult with other doctors and forget about these hairmills. If cost is an issue, I would wait a bit longer and go with someone more reputable. Also, most of these hairmills do a great job at marketing and advertising which is why they are recommended on search engines but if you dig deep you can usually find bad reviews and some of the things they talk about is downright scary, from poor hygiene to medical emergencies not being handled properly

appriciate the feedback. This is the reason for this particular post. You can only research what is put in front of you and i was hoping for a few more options and avenues to try.

I am leaning very much towards the E&S Tektik team. This may be reason but i feel like if the locals can trust these guys then they must be doing something right.

Whats your thoughts on them?

@scottmac910 

10 minutes ago, scottmac910 said:

appriciate the feedback. This is the reason for this particular post. You can only research what is put in front of you and i was hoping for a few more options and avenues to try.

I am leaning very much towards the E&S Tektik team. This may be reason but i feel like if the locals can trust these guys then they must be doing something right.

Whats your thoughts on them?

@scottmac910 if you chose them you will have your surgery at a public hospital where nobody speaks English and be operated on by Nurse Esma that also speaks 0 English with the support of her team that also don’t speak English. 
Sure that for a Turkish this would be acceptable but for me I would never subject myself to this type of hair transplant experience.
That being said Esma Tetik is still a much better option than all the hairmills you mentioned because at least you know who’s doing the surgery and can check Esma’s real patient results on the Turkish forum which are good. 

I urge you to consider Dr. Bruno Ferreira or Dr. Arika and if budget is really tight then go to Demirsoy. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, scottmac910 said:

@Portugal25 I have reached out to all those doctors but i am yet to recieve a reply. I am Looking to go mid April hopefully. Or at the very least have it all sorted so i know when i am going by then

How are you planning a trip in mid April with the Covid-19 Outbreak?

It should be easy to book a surgery in April because every company in Europe has prohibited their staff from traveling and everyone here is canceling flights and Hotels.

You do realize that schools and courts are closed, supermarkets are running out of food and everyone is basically staying home? This is what’s going on here in Portugal where we had the first Covid-19 last week and it’s not expected to get better by mid April...

Edited by Portugal25

to be honest i am working in the gulf of mexico right now. my family is in england. I cant put my life on hold for something that may or may not happen i.e travel blocked. If that happens then i can wait that is no problem.

5 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

How are you planning a trip in mid April with the Covid-19 Outbreak?

It should be easy to book a surgery in April because every company in Europe has prohibited their staff from traveling and everyone here is canceling flights and Hotels.

You do realize that schools and courts are closed, supermarkets are running out of food and everyone is basically staying home? This is what’s going on here in Portugal where we had the first Covid-19 last week and it’s not expected to get better by mid April...

It is very worrying indeed and it's a serious thing going on right now, this could get a lot worse one or two weeks from now, it's funny how some people keep saying it's just a flu and this whole thing is overblown by the media, I don't think they realize how dangerous this virus is, hopefully they find a vaccine soon otherwise it's a real problem..

25 minutes ago, scottmac910 said:

to be honest i am working in the gulf of mexico right now. my family is in england. I cant put my life on hold for something that may or may not happen i.e travel blocked. If that happens then i can wait that is no problem.

@scottmac910 you seem to be clueless to what is going on in Europe.

Doctors are telling me that they are scared when looking at recent CT Scans of patients showing the aggressiveness of the new strains of the COVID-19 and how fast its spreading due to government taking a lot of time to finally decide on a nationwide shutdown of public services like Italy has just enforced. 
Myself and almost every other parent with kids in private schools just got a email saying schools are closed.
The Portuguese government is expected to announce the closing of public schools by the end of the week as courts are also already closed and other public services will also be closing. 

Hospitals are not prepared so you won’t have a bed nor medical supplies nor machines for respiratory support to aid your recovery so many people will not actually die not from the virus but from the inability of hospitals to treat them. 

If you think this is a hype you are greatly mistaken and if go to a public hospital in Turkey in April your are either insane or have a death wish. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

I am 300 miles off the coast of Louisiana. On a boat in the middle of the sea. So I don’t know a great deal

of what’s going on in Europe to be honest.

but i will be taking into consideration what you have said that’s for sure. Maybes postpone my ht for now. 
no one knows how serious or how not serious this covid-19 is just yet. 
could turn out nothing could be horrific

• Administrators

I would expand your search outside of Turkey, you live in the US, so why don't you take a look at Dr. Vories, he is competitively priced, you could take a road trip and avoid the airport in this Coronavirus pandemic. You should also check out Dr. Arocha in Houston, he has some amazing results on this forum. Take a look at @Steeeve thread, he got completely transformed. I think Houston and Louisiana is pretty close.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator. I appreciate the compliment.

There are a lot of good doctors in the states, If you’re open to the states, but yes, I 100% recommend Dr. Arocha. Good consultation. Great bedside manner. And I have a head full of hair where he worked. He and his team helped drive my confidence up...I didn’t even know I had it. Check out my thread even if you’re not interested in the states!

and good luck!!

@Portugal25 Please can you suggest the best FUE doctor would you still say Dr. Bruno Ferreira?  I have contacted some of the clinics above, I agree they are cheap for a reason.  Dr Keser gave me 6 months available date, but I won't be able to attend then as I have commitments, I suggested towards end of December or beginning January, but they told me to contact them near summer.

Thanks in advance.

@bodrul if you can afford @Dr. Bruno Ferreira don’t hesitate in booking him because 2.5€/graft for having the Doctor and his staff fully committed to your surgery during using a highly skilled technique such as DHI is very cheap. 
Sadly because of COVID-19 I don’t expect any Doctor  will be accepting bookings before August.  

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, bodrul said:

Is Dr Keser or Ferreira better option?

Best option is to not travel 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 minutes ago, bodrul said:

Is Dr Keser or Ferreira better option?

@bodrul after learning that Dr. Keser doesn’t use a microscope during his surgery I can’t recommend him anymore. 
@Melvin-Moderator is very right in advising you to refrain from traveling at this time. 
I wouldn’t book anything for 2020.