Dr Bisanga - BHR Athens

Raphael84

I have created a thread specifically to answer a few questions that have been posed regarding Dr Bisanga and BHR Athens. For anybody reading, the initial questions were asked on another thread that was somewhat aggressively debating ethics of other Doctors, and I did not want Dr Bisanga and BHR to be associated with such conversation, so I will address the questions separately here.

Thanks for the interest and questions guys.

Thanks for the tag @Melvin-Moderatorand @LonelyGraft

@bw77I will also contact you privately to further answer any questions that you may potentially have.

In response to your questions -

As you know, Dr Bisanga has his BHR Clinic in Brussels where he has been based for several years. 

Dr Bisanga is the president of ECAMS, a member of the ISHRS and the IAHRS whilst also being recommended by the American hair loss association. His patient first approach has earned him an unparalleled reputation as one of the very leading surgeons in the field. He has worked extremely hard over the past 20 years to build such a reputation for consistent quality results and the very best in patient care. 

Due to this, and the consistently impressive results that he achieves, he is generally fully scheduled in Brussels several months in advance.

Opening the clinic in Athens, has made surgery with Dr Bisanga much more accessible for many patients who prefer to work within a lesser budget.

Many patients consider low cost markets, where the quality of surgery is generally poor and their approach and lack of respect for unique designs and donor management cause many issues for many men and the industry as a whole.

In an effort to give these individuals a genuine option of being able to afford quality surgery at a more competitive price, the clinic in Athens was opened.

The price point in Athens, allows Dr Bisanga to lead your surgery and consult and plan your approach. He will then share punching and the making of recipient sites with a Doctor(not technician) from his team, whom he has personally trained.

Of course, Dr Bisanga is available to perform 100% of sites and punching in Athens also, but such a surgery would be charged at a price point inline with Brussels.

If Dr Bisanga were to offer himself performing all punching and making of recipient sites in Athens at a lower price, then naturally there would be no demand for Brussels, and all patients would schedule in Athens. This is not Dr Bisangas objective. His clinic in Brussels is thriving, and he intends to continue performing such refined high quality work there.

To address the second question regarding why the changes in the Athens clinic. As I understand, Dr Bisanga and Dr C have a professional working relationship that goes back to the beginning of Dr Bisangas career. They have been both friends and colleagues for many years. Dr C has involvement in other projects, and a huge interest in regenerative medicine. He is now focusing on such other projects. Dr Bisanga is very committed to Athens, so much so that the clinic has transitioned into a BHR Clinic (Bisanga Hair Restoration), and there is great vision and an exciting future for Athens which represents a great opportunity for many individuals who may feel that this is an appropriate option for themselves.

I hope that helps to clarify things.

Thanks

Ian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Thanks for creating this, we’ve had so many questions. So, the surgery is carried out partially by another surgeon. That’s great. You’re still getting Dr. Bisanga, and another surgeon at a very low price, as opposed to just technicians. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thats right @Melvin-Moderator

Technicians will never punch or make recipient sites at BHR. They will extract pre punched grafts and place into pre made recipient sites.

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

@Marco Van Basten

Thats correct. BHR Athens work in association with a local Athens based pharmacy that compound a topical finasteride gel based upon the clinics formulation. This is available for both patients and non patients. It is compounded with prescription on a patient to patient basis and can be collected when arriving in Athens for surgery, or can be shipped throughout Europe.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your further questions guys.

@MJM Sorry I missed your question, hence the delay in responding. I would look at it the other way in saying that BHR Athens resident surgeons will be more in demand in time as more of their work and results become more established and therefore the market will change. I believe that this will ultimately dictate the situation long term. There is certainly no immediate plans for Dr Bisanga to discontinue performing surgery in Athens. BHR Athens is now becoming more established and interest is growing in the clinic daily.

@Afrohead Surgery in Brussels have Dr Bisanga as the only performing surgeon. He has his technicians that help to extract (not punch) and placing technicians.

Please let me know if you may have any further questions.

Stay safe everybody.

17 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Thanks for your further questions guys.

@MJM Sorry I missed your question, hence the delay in responding. I would look at it the other way in saying that BHR Athens resident surgeons will be more in demand in time as more of their work and results become more established and therefore the market will change. I believe that this will ultimately dictate the situation long term. There is certainly no immediate plans for Dr Bisanga to discontinue performing surgery in Athens. BHR Athens is now becoming more established and interest is growing in the clinic daily.

@Afrohead Surgery in Brussels have Dr Bisanga as the only performing surgeon. He has his technicians that help to extract (not punch) and placing technicians.

Please let me know if you may have any further questions.

Stay safe everybody.

Thank you for replying me so promptly I wasn't expecting that!  Please may I ask does he a lot of experience working with afro hair.  I asked because I am of African background and I have found through painful experience that very few surgeons are able to work on my hair type and achieve good results. I do love his work but I am concerned whether he can replicate that on my hair type!!

17 minutes ago, Raphael84 said: