Looking for advice, which of these FUE surgeons would you choose?

bw77

Hi all,

I’m interested in getting some work done on my hairline and possibly the area behind my hairline and I’m hoping some of the veterans out there can help me choose a doc?

I had approx 2000 FUE grafts to my hairline performed by a doc in the US a few years ago but I’m now looking for someone in Turkey or Belgium. Around 3 to 3.5 Euro’s per graft is about the cost I can handle. My hairline is a significant improvement, and it really did change my life, but one side is a little weak and it’s a bit high on my forehead. I’m looking for between 1700 and 2000 grafts to bring it down. 

I’ve narrowed it down to 3 docs/clinics. 

HLC in Turkey, Dr Keser in Turkey or Dr Lupanzula in Belgium. 

Any thoughts or red flags with any of these? Any advice or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

I think Dr. Lupunzula is fantastic, so is Dr. Bisanga, and Feriduni. If you want the lowest price for the highest quality I would take a look at Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal, they have excellent results on the forum. That said, never let price be your deciding factor.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin. I really appreciate it. Price isn’t a total governing factor, but it still is a factor unfortunately. I feel like the docs I mentioned are all pretty good and within a price range I can currently manage. 

Any thoughts about the Turkish docs?

• Administrators

Honestly, 

I haven’t been impressed with Turkish docs, especially their ethics. We had to ban one who was caught trying to game the system . Apparently, he was affiliated with that Turkish clinic you mentioned. I would definitely choose any of the Belgian surgeons mentioned over the Turkish clinic you mentioned. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, bruce90 said:

Which Turkey doctor Melvin? Just tell me! Stop protecting them!

Dr. Pekiner, it’s no secret. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Honestly, 

I haven’t been impressed with Turkish docs, especially their ethics. We had to ban one who was caught trying to game the system . Apparently, he was affiliated with that Turkish clinic you mentioned. I would definitely choose any of the Belgian surgeons mentioned over the Turkish clinic you mentioned. 

You are overreacting about Dr Pekiner and saying he tried to ''game the system''.. he is more ethical than your buddy Diep that's for sure

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bw77 said:

Thanks Melvin. I really appreciate it. Price isn’t a total governing factor, but it still is a factor unfortunately. I feel like the docs I mentioned are all pretty good and within a price range I can currently manage. 

Any thoughts about the Turkish docs?

HLC is the best Clinic in Turkey that's a fact

• Haha 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

You are overreacting about Dr Pekiner and saying he tried to ''game the system''.. he is more ethical than your buddy Diep that's for sure

Diep never asked me to remove a negative thread or change a thread title, unlike your buddy Pekiner. Even his rep came on to blame the patient. But figures you’d respond, your post history shows your one of his cheerleaders. 

@bw77 be weary of anyone making dogmatic statements, don’t take my word for it. Go on the forum and verify yourself. 

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Diep never asked me to remove a negative thread or change a thread title, unlike your buddy Pekiner. Even his rep came on to blame the patient. But figures you’d respond, your post history shows your one of his cheerleaders. 

@bw77 be weary of anyone making dogmatic statements, don’t take my word for it. Go on the forum and verify yourself. 

''My buddy'' lol

He did offere this patient 1000 graft for free and the patient did go back, your buddy Diep wanted to charge a patient 12,000$ after he paid 18,000$ and got butchered, the patient wanted to sue him and Diep never showed any remorse, the thread was locked and nobody heard back from this patient.

The funny thing is that you think I am biased towards Turkish doctors, I couldn't care less where people go, I have no agenda here, there are good and bad doctors everywhere around the world.

• Administrators
Just now, Abi28 said:

''My buddy'' lol

He did offere this patient 1000 graft for free and the patient did go back, your buddy Diep wanted to charge a patient 12,000$ after he paid 18,000$ and got butchered, the patient wanted to sue him and Diep never showed any remorse, the thread was locked and nobody heard back from this patient.

The funny thing is that you think I am biased towards Turkish doctors, I couldn't care less where people go, I have no agenda here, there are good and bad doctors everywhere around the world.

“HLC is the best” “Pekiner is one of the best” just look at your post history. You have no agenda, but only post about these surgeons, yea 👌🏼 

Using foreign forum influence to silence patients is your idea of ethical lol. Last reply on this subject. I just need to call it when I see it. 

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

“HLC is the best” “Pekiner is one of the best” just look at your post history. You have no agenda, but only post about these surgeons, yea 👌🏼 

Using foreign forum influence to silence patients is your idea of ethical lol. Last reply on this subject. I just need to call it when I see it. 

OP said that he narrowed it down to 3 docs (HLC, Keser, Lupanzula) so I gave him my opinin about HLC, I don't hijack threads and tell people where to go, doesn't mean that he can't go to Lupanzula who also does great work. I really don't care where people go brother..

Okay, I’ll make contact with Dr Bisanga’s team and see how things go. Possibly I can go with slightly lower grafts and it can still be within my price range. I’m still waiting to hear from Dr Feriduni and it’s been a while. 

Just so I’m clear, is Dr Pekiner with HLC? 

1 minute ago, bw77 said:

Okay, I’ll make contact with Dr Bisanga’s team and see how things go. Possibly I can go with slightly lower grafts and it can still be within my price range. I’m still waiting to hear from Dr Feriduni and it’s been a while. 

Just so I’m clear, is Dr Pekiner with HLC? 

I agree with @hairlossPA regarding Bisanga, but I think he charges more when doing a certain number (less than 2500).

No, Pekiner has his own clinic, HLC is another clinic that has multiple doctors in it, so you get the opinion of multiple doctors when you go in there which is a plus.

I’m sold on Dr Bisanga!! I don’t think I have huge donor numbers in the bank and so someone that will manage my available and also gives me piece of mind with their good track record would be great. 

I’ll see what he says. I’m guessing the right doc can give me what I’m hoping for with about 1500.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Good choice 👍🏼 

View my thread

Melvin, can you tell me anything about BHR Athens? Is it possible to have work done by Dr Bisanga there, and is it cheaper than in Belgium? 

I could be completely wrong but I stumbled upon a thread that mentioned 2.5 euros per graft?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, bw77 said:

Melvin, can you tell me anything about BHR Athens? Is it possible to have work done by Dr Bisanga there, and is it cheaper than in Belgium? 

I could be completely wrong but I stumbled upon a thread that mentioned 2.5 euros per graft?

I’m not sure, I believe the only surgeon working there is Bisanga, but he may have an apprentice there, it used to be another surgeon, but they split. Maybe @Raphael84 can give you more information.

View my thread

Thanks guys for your questions regarding Dr Bisanga and BHR Athens.

I have responded via a separate thread as I did not want Dr Bisanga or BHR to be associated with some of the above discussions. You can follow the link below.

Thanks

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/forum/24-hair-transplant-experiences-and-surgeon-reviews/

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

To add some sanity to this thread I went to HLC last month, and found the clinic to be as advertised and so far I am very happy.

I get the impression Melvin considers HLC to be a snide backstreet clinic but in fact they hosted Dr Bisanga (among others) in 2018 at the FUE Europe workshop at their clinic in Ankara.

I really like Dr B’s work and I think he is a great choice 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 83mjs said:

To add some sanity to this thread I went to HLC last month, and found the clinic to be as advertised and so far I am very happy.

I get the impression Melvin considers HLC to be a snide backstreet clinic but in fact they hosted Dr Bisanga (among others) in 2018 at the FUE Europe workshop at their clinic in Ankara.

I really like Dr B’s work and I think he is a great choice 😎

If you praise HLC more melvin will call you biased, be careful ;)