Jump to content
inquisitivebald

Hair Transplant Travel with CoronaVirus

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Put this yellow/orange suit with a mask, get your 10$ airplane both ways ticket and get it done!

But to be serious, I think it's a good time stop and think "do I really need to get my HT done right now?". Maybe it's a good opportunity to re-think the options as we get to forget that Hair Transplant should be the last thing on your list when battling hair loss.

On another note, I'm glad I had mine done in the very end of January when there was only a hundred cases in China :D Now i can isolate myself and watch my hair grow lol

Edited by Rolandas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 2:50 AM, karatekid said:

I just heard that spain closed itself to incoming visitors, someone knows if that true? Where can I get updates about the latest regulations regarding the virus? Seems like everyday are added more and mroe restrictions and limitations across the world.

Spain announced a lockdown, most countries are doing the same because the virus is spreading fast, I would not travel during this time, best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abi28 said:

Spain announced a lockdown, most countries are doing the same because the virus is spreading fast, I would not travel during this time, best of luck.

Ye I just heard that, but it means that residents cant get out of the house, does this mean no tourists can get in either? I understand it is a really bad time, but man, I really want to get over with this, and also, the flights are so cheap right now 😛 .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2020 at 6:00 PM, CosmoKramer said:

The Ebola virus was upppsed to kill us all...as was the bird flu...as was SARS...as was Zika virus...as was West Nile...and many more...the media infected the masses with fear and paranoia for ratings...while I always keep my eye and ears open and am cautious I remain skeptical and calm...just as I did for all those other “outbreaks”

If the Italian officials want to keep people locked in fear and let their economy collapse and than that is their choice, we are not in the Middle Ages...keeping things clean and sanitary is not that difficult nor expensive and out of reach.

The collapse of the airline/travel industry, tourism, restaurant, grocery store, sporting events, concerts, museums, employment due to overblown panache is far scarier to me.

You seem like the kind of guy who would get chest pain and arm numbness and attribute it to a muscle sprain instead of having their heart checked out. Fear isn't always unreasonable. Your philosophy works until shit hits the fan, then it really, really doesn't work.

The major difference between Corona and those other infections you mentioned is the incubation period and the mortality. Usually pandemics are one or the other. E bola is very deadly, HIV is very latent and less deadly. The longer the latency, the more widespread; the higher the mortality, the more death. Corona, unfortunately, has a little bit of both -- a decent latency and so far, a 10% mortality in those infected, though probably it will eventually be about 1% as the milder cases are likely not being diagnosed right now. These are two very bad things for which, when combined, there is no reasonable defense in modern healthcare. To use a video game analogy, COVID-19 is OPAF.

I can tell you now that every ER in the country is dealing with 100s of additional patients a day, hospitals are at their breaking point and MICUs are spilling over at capacity. In a few months it is projected to be in the 1000s per ER and medical care and ventilators will have to be triaged. If, god forbid, things continued to progress from that point, the elderly will be dying in waiting rooms. In fact, many, many more of those 50+ will die already, regardless of what we do. Not to mention what will happen with the backlog of other illnesses that doctors can no longer treat because they're overwhelmed by COVID.

The only chance we have to mitigate things is to shut down and self-quarantine like the Chinese and Italian did. Irresponsibility at this point could turn this thing into years instead of months, and completely make us vulnerable to the next pandemic, which will come when we are weakened. 

Things are about to spiral out of control and you're worried about your precious hair. You really gotta step back and do a gut check on this one Kramer. 

On 3/14/2020 at 12:08 PM, karatekid said:

Ye I just heard that, but it means that residents cant get out of the house, does this mean no tourists can get in either? I understand it is a really bad time, but man, I really want to get over with this, and also, the flights are so cheap right now 😛 .....

Don't be stupid Daniel-sun.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, MachoVato said:

To be less dramatic about this... the number of "tested positive" doubled. They have dramatically increased the number of testing. The virus is spreading fast but it isn't doubling every day. Testing, however, might be doubling.

And remember that 80% of those infected show no signs or show only mild symptoms. Yes they can spread it, but most people never even need to see their doctor. It's just a small cold.

 

Yes, exactly. The rate of testing and virus spread are rising in rough parallel, suggesting that the virus is much more widespread than we believe. However, the good news is if it is really that widespread, we could be closer to the top of the hump than the beginning, as far as disease model predictions. KhanAcademy has a pretty decent analysis of the growth rate and peak for those that are interested.

The only way we're going to get through this is together. Hopefully this will only be a warning. Stay safe people.

Edited by bismarck
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, bismarck said:

You seem like the kind of guy who would get chest pain and arm numbness and attribute it to a muscle sprain instead of having their heart checked out. Fear isn't always unreasonable. Your philosophy works until shit hits the fan, then it really, really doesn't work.

The major difference between Corona and those other infections you mentioned is the incubation period and the mortality. Usually pandemics are one or the other. E bola is very deadly, HIV is very latent and less deadly. The longer the latency, the more widespread; the higher the mortality, the more death. Corona, unfortunately, has a little bit of both -- a decent latency and so far, a 10% mortality in those infected, though probably it will eventually be about 1% as the milder cases are likely not being diagnosed right now. These are two very bad things for which, when combined, there is no reasonable defense in modern healthcare. To use a video game analogy, COVID-19 is OPAF.

I can tell you now that every ER in the country is dealing with 100s of additional patients a day, hospitals are at their breaking point and MICUs are spilling over at capacity. In a few months it is projected to be in the 1000s per ER and medical care and ventilators will have to be triaged. If, god forbid, things continued to progress from that point, the elderly will be dying in waiting rooms. In fact, many, many more of those 50+ will die already, regardless of what we do. Not to mention what will happen with the backlog of other illnesses that doctors can no longer treat because they're overwhelmed by COVID.

The only chance we have to mitigate things is to shut down and self-quarantine like the Chinese and Italian did. Irresponsibility at this point could turn this thing into years instead of months, and completely make us vulnerable to the next pandemic, which will come when we are weakened. 

Things are about to spiral out of control and you're worried about your precious hair. You really gotta step back and do a gut check on this one Kramer. 

Don't be stupid Daniel-sun.

Yes, exactly. The rate of testing and virus spread are rising in rough parallel, suggesting that the virus is much more widespread than we believe. However, the good news is if it is really that widespread, we could be closer to the top of the hump than the beginning, as far as disease model predictions. KhanAcademy has a pretty decent analysis of the growth rate and peak for those that are interested.

The only way we're going to get through this is together. Hopefully this will only be a warning. Stay safe people.

Oh please, stop the fear panace there chicken little, the sky isn’t falling, by all means lock yourself up in a bunker...the mortality rate as claimed is up to currently 3.4% and that’s amongst the elderly, I’m in NYC and the 1st reported positive case, the woman has just recovered and tested negative for the virus...and thousands of others have. I have been following the local and world news, and at least here in NYC the fear reporting by claiming hospitals will be soo overburdened that all will go to hell is interring as the footage they show of the hospitals and triage locations I noticed there wasn’t a panic and the numbers of patients didn’t match and even passing by some hospitals it did not look like mass chaos...could it be early?..im skeptical, I question things as the media and the government are know to skew facts. 

As for, what you say on fear and shit hitting the fan...sorry wrong, I do worry and try to be as best prepared and informed as possible to mitigate undue stresses in my life...while everyone was panicking last week for food and supplies I was prepared early last month.

Edited by CosmoKramer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Oh please, stop the fear panace there chicken little, the sky isn’t falling, by all means lock yourself up in a bunker...the mortality rate as claimed is up to currently 3.4% and that’s amongst the elderly, I’m in NYC and the 1st reported positive case, the woman has just recovered and tested negative for the virus...and thousands of others have. I have been following the local and world news, and at least here in NYC the fear reporting by claiming hospitals will be soo overburdened that all will go to hell is interring as the footage they show of the hospitals and triage locations I noticed there wasn’t a panic and the numbers of patients didn’t match and even passing by some hospitals it did not look like mass chaos...could it be early?..im skeptical, I question things as the media and the government are know to skew facts. 

As for, what you say on fear and shit hitting the fan...sorry wrong, I do worry and try to be as best prepared and informed as possible to mitigate undue stresses in my life...while everyone was panicking last week for food and supplies I was prepared early last month.

Absolutely clueless...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Abi28 said:

Absolutely clueless...

Yes you are.

Keep accepting what the state & media feed you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yes you are.

Keep accepting what the state & media feed you.

I don't watch the media like you do, I have friends and family in europe and they tell me everything that's happening, you can ask @duchainemaybe he will explain to you what's happening in Italy and how 400-500 people are dying everyday now.. you are clueless my friend..

Edited by Abi28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

I don't watch the media like you do, I have friends and family in europe and they tell me everything that's happening, you can ask @duchaine maybe he will explain to you what's happening in Italy and how 400-500 people are dying everyday now.. you are clueless my friend..

400-500 are not dying “everyday”...it was yesterday from what they said.

I have recently heard that in Italy, that the government has tasked the top 3 doctors at each hospital, know as the “Three wise men”, to make decisions on whom to provide or keep providing lifesaving medical services to...and that they are rationing care and that many of the dead had various underlying conditions....so that may be why the numbers are so high.

Edited by CosmoKramer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In the USA the mortality rate of those under 50 is about .2%. It's mostly killing older people who already have other health issues. One reason why the rate is so high is because for the most part the only people who were getting tested initially were the ones who have severe enough symptoms and end up at the hospital. Of course those are the ones most likely to die. They are telling those who came in contact with the ones who are hospitalized to self quarantine, but they aren't actually getting tested in many cases. Over 80% of people have very mild reactions to it, so they aren't getting counted as a case.

 

 

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

In the USA the mortality rate of those under 50 is about .2%. It's mostly killing older people who already have other health issues.

 

Yup!

Even here in NY the local state officials said a 92 year old man out in Long Island Suffolk county died of the virus...my thinking is..what 92 year old is out in about with the masses to catch the virus especially in an area that doesn’t have a large amount of claimed infections...is it to just prop up the virus death count numbers 🤔 🤷🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

400-500 are not dying “everyday”...it was yesterday from what they said.

I have recently heard that in Italy, that the government has tasked the top 3 doctors at each hospital, know as the “Three wise men”, to make decisions on whom to provide or keep providing lifesaving medical services to...and that they are rationing care and that many of the dead had various underlying conditions....so that may be why the numbers are so high.

The numbers are rising in Italy, it has been like that the past 3-4 days, didn't you say there is only 90,000 cases around the world a few days ago and people are panicking for no reason, now it's 200,000. Just because there aren't many cases in the united states doesn't mean everyone around the world is fine, Italy had few cases 3 weeks ago now they have more deaths than China and the numbers are climbing every day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

I don't watch the media like you do, I have friends and family in europe and they tell me everything that's happening, you can ask @duchainemaybe he will explain to you what's happening in Italy and how 400-500 people are dying everyday now.. you are clueless my friend.

In the USA the number of deaths from the flu during the flu season of 2017-2018 was 61,000 people. That is in about a 7 month period from October to May. This comes to 290 people per day dying of the Flu, but nobody ever panics every winter because of the flu.

I'm not saying the coronavirus is nothing, but it's been way overblown compared to other causes of death that are considered normal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

In the USA the number of deaths from the flu during the flu season of 2017-2018 was 61,000 people. That is in about a 7 month period from October to May. This comes to 290 people per day dying of the Flu, but nobody ever panics every winter because of the flu.

I'm not saying the coronavirus is nothing, but it's been way overblown compared to other causes of death that are considered normal.

 

The virus has just started spreading in the united states, you are comparing the flu who has been around for decades to a virus that recently started spreading? 

Edited by Abi28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

I don't watch the media like you do, I have friends and family in europe and they tell me everything that's happening, you can ask @duchainemaybe he will explain to you what's happening in Italy and how 400-500 people are dying everyday now.. you are clueless my friend..

I dont want to interrupt, but majority of people do what others are doing (sheep effect). 

I'm living in London, and here is chaos in the stores, for the last week long queues, not toilet rolls, soaps, pasta, rice, canned goods etc. Sanitiser was gone since last month (from the whole country and seems like forever).

People ar stashing their homes with supplies worth £5000 if not more, they have soap enough to last 5 years and rice enough for... 200kg of rice for family of 4... what, 20 years?

Today my colleagues were talking about tomorrows lock down, even though government never said anything about it.

People listen to their friends, who read misinformation from facebook, who wrote in there by blowing up a bubble from the media, who already created a massive bubble.

There is 80 000 cases in China with 70 000 cured. Why i dont see this information in media? Because its positive. Positive doesnt attract attention (right now).

In my home country In Lithuania earlier we had 30 cases and people are buying everything from the storea and wearing masks that they cant even breath properly, as they're intended to be worn for 30min. Also these who are wearing masks keep reusing them. People dont understand how to use it and they are getting more infected. Only because they saw a picture of Chinese person with a mask, they have to do it too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

There is 80 000 cases in China with 70 000 cured. Why i dont see this information in media? Because its positive. Positive doesnt attract attention (right now).

 

China has been fighting the virus for months. They have been in lockdown for more than 2 months otherwise they would not have been able to contain it.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

The virus has just started spreading in the united states, you are comparing the flue who has been around for decades to a virus that recently started spreading? 

That's exactly the difference. Flu been forever, nothing new, not interesting.

Covid-19 is fresh hot news. Everyone wants to know more about it and the more he will be scared, the more he will be looking into it (as we all do when loosing our hair, we look into it more if we scared about it).

Why nobody is talking about 9/10 people will have mild to moderate symptoms and won't need hospitalization. 90% success rate! We are going to get a HT where theres 90% success rate (top clinics) and we dont think about this 10%! We want to see 90%.

In Londkn we have 144 deaths. The youngest one is 45 year old with underlying health conditions.

Nobody in US knows that a lot of people (e.g. old British people on pensions) buy houses in spain and Italy and leave there happy with sun. They have A LOT of old people in the countries. That's why they have more deaths. And please stop comparing to China.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

China has been fighting the virus for months. They have been in lockdown for more than 2 months otherwise they would not have been able to contain it.. 

And what would happen? Still 90% cured.

Listen, I was under the weather last week, sneezing and coughing. Nothing unusual. Now I feel normal. Who knows, maybe I had Covid-19?

And also if you look at what you replied to me, you focus on other aspect. I was talking about high amount of people cured from the virus, and you are changing this subject to how long they been dealing with it. Fact remains the same. People are cured.

Edited by Rolandas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

In the USA the mortality rate of those under 50 is about .2%. It's mostly killing older people who already have other health issues. One reason why the rate is so high is because for the most part the only people who were getting tested initially were the ones who have severe enough symptoms and end up at the hospital. Of course those are the ones most likely to die. They are telling those who came in contact with the ones who are hospitalized to self quarantine, but they aren't actually getting tested in many cases. Over 80% of people have very mild reactions to it, so they aren't getting counted as a case.

 

 

That is so true, you should change your name to voice of reason. Most doctors are telling patients to self-quarantine, and none of the local cases where I live have required hospitalization. The reason why we should quarantine, is because it spreads quickly and it may affect our vulnerable population. 

  • Thanks 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rolandas said:

And what would happen? Still 90% cured.

Listen, I was under the weather last week, sneezing and coughing. Nothing unusual. Now I feel normal. Who knows, maybe I had Covid-19?

I wonder what would happen if china didn't shutdown, look at Italy, they have been on lockdowns for 2 weeks and now they have more deaths than China, the virus spread easily and that's the issue.. if you don't think it's dangerous and it's a just a flu bro I don't know what to tell you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

I wonder what would happen if china didn't shutdown, look at Italy, they have been on lockdowns for 2 weeks and now they have more deaths than China, the virus spread easily and that's the issue.. if you don't think it's dangerous and it's a just a flu bro I don't know what to tell you

Italy has an older population, look at the stats, most of the deaths are 60 and above with pre-existing conditions. 


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×